Am I pregnant? Need advice - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-18-2008, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

This is my 1st post My husband and I have been TTC for 6 mos and I we are in our 30's. We decided to wait for babies and until we were in a good place with our careers......it was so hard waiting! I am in biological clock overdrive!!!!!*#*** My husband it too, he's not as bad as I am though! We want a baby so badly!

Have been charting my cycles for 6 mos and this is my normal:

cycle 1 april: 29 days
cycle 2 may: 29 days
cycle 3 june: 32 days
cycle 4 july: 29 days
cycle 5 august: 27 days
cycle 6 september: 26 days
cycle 7 october : so far 36 days and COUNTING- NO PERIOD YET!!!!

I have taken 2 pregnancy tests at home a few days prior and had BFN's

I feel kind of bloated, but different than i normally do before i start my period. 2 wks ago at work I did feel light headed like I was kind of in the clouds and a slight tinge of nausea, but that went away quickly. I was very very hot also. I have also been feeling that hot feeling when you get hypoglycemic from sugar lows. My breasts are a bit tender, left more than the right. I don't know if this is all coincidental or not???!!!!

I've never been pregnant before and I don't know how you feel normally? I really didn't think I'd feel bloated though or discomfort. Is this normal if you are pregnant? When should I take another test? Has anyone else had 2 false negative at home tests before if you were actually pregnant?

desperately hoping,

babyOrchid
#2 of 15 Old 10-18-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

I used EPT 2x's and really think I got BFN's. Any word on the best and most reliable test?
#3 of 15 Old 10-18-2008, 08:05 PM

peeonastick.com has pregnancy test sensitivity ratings

you're probably having an anovulatory cycle or have yet to ovulate. Or, you may have just tested too early (ie if you ovulated later than usual, a test might not be accurate yet)

Have you read taking charge of your fertility? It explains your menstrual cycle in excruciating detail, and how to tell if/when you ovulate.
#4 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 03:54 AM

NOt to get your hopes up, but I had over 7 false negatives when I was pg w/ DD. Either I was testing too soon (albeit I was 4-5 wks along) or I can't get a positive for some reason. I used all different brands and still nothing- it took a blood test to confirm (quantitative).

I second the fertility education. It's been a whole new world since I learned about mine!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#5 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 09:33 AM

My only symptom prior to when my period would have arrived was abdominal cramps that felt almost like menstrual cramps, but not quite.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#6 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I took 2 more tests and STILL 2 BFN's! Now, that makes 4 total BFN's.

I am officially into day 37 of my cycle. I think I ovulated around the 29th or 30th- that puts me at 19 to 20 DPO! My DH and I did the BD on the 29th, and at that time I actually thought I had ovulated a few days earlier (he travels alot so we BD travel permitting). It is possible right?!

I am frustrated. I did test last night though, not with morning urine. I just couldn't wait! Used the First Response tests.

I am definitely not getting AF! I have those minimal slight crampy discomfort but not that usual bloating and was VERY irritable when my husband and I went to dinner last night. My poor DH, am feeling much better now

I will try to get in to see my dr. some time this next week- I am going crazy! It does help to know that other women have gotten BFN's too though!

Thank-you for all of your replies ladies! It really helps to hear from others

Oh, and one more thing, I was concerned about being anovulatory b/c I have hyperthyroidism BUT I had my bloodwork done 2 mos prior and my OB said I definitely am ovulating. My hubby had his spermies checked too and they are swimming just perfectly- we just wanted to cover the bases before we started to try!
#7 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you link your chart? It would be easier to see the temps.
#8 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have a temp chart yet I was going to start one soon but haven't started yet! I know........it would be so much easier if i started taking temps last mo. Do you think it would tell me anything at all if i started taking temps today?????
#9 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyOrchid View Post
Do you think it would tell me anything at all if i started taking temps today?????
I'm not sure- you need to know what your pre-ovulation temps were in order to compare to your post-ovulation temps. Over time you will probably see a pattern emerge.

Still better to start temping though as it is hard to start a new habit.

I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#10 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 03:17 PM

hmmm have you been charting cervical fluid at all? Did you dry up after a certain day?

It's highly unlikely to get pregnant if you bd 3 dpo. But without temps or an OPK, it's really hard to determine if you even o'd.

FWIW....I love digital tests. I got a positive with one 9 dpo. It was quick and easy.
#11 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

I did my best to pay attention to CM around the time i thought I'd be ovulating. Around the 25-30th of Sept, the CM was very wet and more like the egg-white consistency. We BD'd the 29th.

All i know now is that I'm into the 37th day of my cycle. 8 days late for my period and my current CM is sticky-dry. I have a faint tinge of crampiness. No AF and wondering what the ?????
#12 of 15 Old 10-19-2008, 08:06 PM

Well you could always go get a blood test. I'm : for you!
#13 of 15 Old 10-20-2008, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies,

I got AF last night I must admit I am really sad, but the upside is that I can get my thyroid removed now. I am hyperthyroid with an enlarged thyroid gland and it really affects my fertility. I know it's best to have it removed now vs struggling with my fertility for years.

We will ttc again in December when my thyroid labs come back in the normal range. Best of luck to all you ttc'rs!!! Baby dust to all :

I bought a BBT thermometer and am going to start charting anyhow for completeness-sake!!!
#14 of 15 Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I bought a BBT thermometer and am going to start charting anyhow for completeness-sake!!!
good to hear you're taking charge! There is a lot of info available here- you can join a thread (such as charting to avoid) and get the pros to help you.

Good luck!

#15 of 15 Old 10-21-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Hi Ladies,

I got AF last night I must admit I am really sad, but the upside is that I can get my thyroid removed now. I am hyperthyroid with an enlarged thyroid gland and it really affects my fertility. I know it's best to have it removed now vs struggling with my fertility for years.

We will ttc again in December when my thyroid labs come back in the normal range. Best of luck to all you ttc'rs!!! Baby dust to all :

I'm sorry AF showed It's gret that you know what is wrong though and are able to fix it. I think charting temps will really help you out. Come join us on the CTA thread. Plus....charting will help you when you are TTC too

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page