Chances of getting pg after 6mo (while ebf)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-17-2003, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know your chances of getting pg (not using bc) is 1% if your baby eats at least every 4 hours during the day, and 6 hours during the night... no pacifiers, bottles, solids etc until baby turns 6mo.

What about after that? Ds is still ebf, no pacifier, no solids, eats at least twice during the night (between 11-6). Tonight the condom busted ( TMI!) and it worried dh. I guess all that kegelling has worked! :LOL

Does anyone have a statistic?

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2003, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't have the statistic but I doubt you have to worry. It goes up very slowly sfter six months ad as long as your baby is under a year and nursing frequently you most likely will have a warning period before you ovulate the first time.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by lilyka
I don't have the statistic but I doubt you have to worry. It goes up very slowly sfter six months ad as long as your baby is under a year and nursing frequently you most likely will have a warning period before you ovulate the first time.
Whew! On one hand, I don't think I should worry because dh and I aren't the most fertile couple on earth when I'm not bf'ing or just bf'ing a couple times/day (took three months both times) but then again... you know how that goes.

I'd love to have lactation ammorrhea for long time.

User Tag List