Online Fertility/Menstration Calculator??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'm new to this Family Planning forum. I am looking for a free fertility cycle calculator.

My dh and I are researching Natural family Planning. I just got my IUD taken out because... well, because it is evil, but that is another story. (I had it for approx. 18 months.)

We had previous success by using the good ol' "pull out" method. (Is that TMI?) In the 7 years that we have been together we have had no unplanned pregnancies. I want to learn more about Natural Family Planning, or whatever you might call it. (No hormonal birth control for me... and no birth control that is going to cause my body to abort babies... I am not cool with that.)

Can you help a newbie out? TIA!!!

Hanna :, Wife to Chris. Mama to : Gracie (6/05), : Annie (1/07) and : Cole 7/25/09 Expecting #4 in March 10
#2 of 6 Old 10-26-2008, 11:33 PM

Fertility Friend is great!

I've also heard people mention the Taking Charge of Your Fertility website.

HTH!

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
#3 of 6 Old 10-27-2008, 01:10 AM

NFP is more than the rhythm method, which is what a fertility calculator/calendar uses.

check out the book mentioned above (taking charge of your fertility), or the books the art of natural family planning, or garden of fertility, or honoring our cycles.

Keep in mind that fertility friend is for TTC purposes - avoiding pregnancy is not as simple as just doing the opposite of what they advise

There are quite a few of us here that chart to avoid
#4 of 6 Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

So what is everyone's favorite book?

Hanna :, Wife to Chris. Mama to : Gracie (6/05), : Annie (1/07) and : Cole 7/25/09 Expecting #4 in March 10
#5 of 6 Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

So to answer part of my own question... I found ovulation-predict.com which is a free fertility prediction software. Anyone use this?

#6 of 6 Old 10-28-2008, 02:26 AM

I USE MY MONTHLY CYCLES dot com it has a place to add in cervical fluid changes as well as temperature changes etc.........

but really i use just paper, i copied the charts out of the back of taking charge of your fertility........

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page