Mothering Forum banner

Charting Temps, Abnormalities, & PG

565 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  library lady 
#1 ·
I have a question for those of you that chart. When I got pregnant, I had been charting. I thought I had figured out when conception occured based on my temps and had been using that to figure out my due date, which is Dec. 24th.

Now, I am wondering if my dates are wrong because I feel like I usually feel at the end rather than at 33 weeks. How much of an impact can stress, air temperature, and other factors have on temps.? I can't really go by AF because my last normal AF was in January. At the end of Feb., I had a very light AF and then in March, it seemed like I was spotting or bleeding on and off all month. I had nothing after the middle of March.

Has anybody been PG without having an obvious thermal shift due to external factors? During Feb. & March, we were without heat in Kansas and were lucky to keep the house in the 50's. I haven't had an ultrasound and hadn't planned on it. I am just wondering if anybody else been in a similar situation and what was the outcome. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
So exciting that you're nearing the end (whatever that is)!

When I was charting during the summer and our AC was out, my morning temps were MUCH higher (on average by .2 -.4) than they are now when it's cooler. The room temperature DEFINITELY has a noticable impact on charting temps.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
So exciting that you're nearing the end (whatever that is)!

When I was charting during the summer and our AC was out, my morning temps were MUCH higher (on average by .2 -.4) than they are now when it's cooler. The room temperature DEFINITELY has a noticable impact on charting temps.
That's what I thought. I have analyzed my charts to death and still keep coming up with the same date for ovulation/conception. The only way my dates are wrong is if the outside temps could have a significant impact on temps. My temps didn't start going up until it warmed up outside and we got some reliable heat.

Another confounding factor is the fact that we had just moved into our own house after four months of celebacy due to living with IL's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.