applejuice likes this.

I am Rhome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 51 Old 12-08-2016, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1752 Post(s)
I can't play the video. I read the bill.

Can you explain what Del says in the video? What are the ramifications that concern him?
applejuice likes this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud member of #teamvaxchoice
#3 of 51 Old 12-08-2016, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
It is short. Easy to read. There is a concurrent resolution in the Assembly that supports it. And people, please remember that a cursory reading of the Education Code lets you know that there is NO HOMESCHOOLING in CA - all home schools are registered and controlled as private schools. If the state thinks your child is not getting enough socialization as they, the state, defines socialization, they will take over your decision-making.

CA has a veto-proof, filibuster-proof nanny-state, liberal, Democrat majority. The Republicans may as well stay home. CA has many recent immigrants from lands that have oppressive, bullying, governments that overtax people. Los Angeles County will soon have 10% sales tax; the state income tax kicks in at 10% at $40,000 a year, and even though we put through Prop 13 38 years ago, property tax is still very high.

It is a power grab. Power the state should never have. Especially a has-been pediatrician.

Quote:
SB 18, as introduced, Pan. Bill of Rights for Children and Youth in California.
Existing law provides for the care and welfare of children and youth in various contexts, including, but not limited to, child welfare services, foster care, health care, nutrition, homeless assistance, and education.
Assembly Concurrent Resolution No. 80 (Res. Ch. 101, Stats. 2009) declares the Legislature’s support of a Bill of Rights for the Children and Youth of California that resolves to invest in all children and youth in order to achieve specified goals to create an optimal environment for their healthy development.
This bill would declare the intent of the Legislature to expand and codify the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth of California to establish a comprehensive framework that governs the rights of all children and youth in California, outlines the research-based essential needs of California’s children, and establishes standards relating to the health, safety, well-being, early childhood and educational opportunities, and familial supports necessary for all children to succeed. The bill would declare the intent of the Legislature, by January 1, 2022, to enact legislation for the purpose of ensuring that the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth of California, in its totality, is applied evenly, equitably, and appropriately to all children and youth across the state.

Digest Key

Vote: MAJORITY Appropriation: NO Fiscal Committee: NO Local Program: NO Bill Text

The people of the State of California do enact as follows:

SECTION 1.

(a) The Legislature finds and declares that all children and youth, regardless of gender, class, race, ethnicity, national origin, culture, religion, immigration status, sexual orientation, or ability, have inherent rights that entitle them to protection, special care, and assistance, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) The right to parents, guardians, or caregivers who act in their best interest.
(2) The right to form healthy attachments with adults responsible for their care and well-being.
(3) The right to live in a safe and healthy environment.
(4) The right to social and emotional well-being.
(5) The right to opportunities to attain optimal cognitive, physical, and social development.
(6) The right to appropriate, quality education and life skills leading to self-sufficiency in adulthood.
(7) The right to appropriate, quality health care.
(b) It is the intent of the Legislature in enacting this act to expand and codify the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth of California created by Assembly Concurrent Resolution No. 80 (Res. Ch. 101, Stats. 2009), to establish a comprehensive framework that governs the rights of all children and youth in California, outlines the research-based essential needs of California’s children, and establishes standards relating to the health, safety, well-being, early childhood and educational opportunities, and familial supports necessary for all children to succeed.

SEC. 2.

It is the intent of the Legislature, by January 1, 2022, to enact appropriate legislation to accomplish all of the following:
(a) Develop and put forth research-based policy solutions that will ensure the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth of California, in its totality, is applied evenly, equitably, and appropriately to all children and youth across the state.
(b) Determine the amount of revenue and resources necessary to ensure that the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth of California, in its totality, is applied evenly, equitably, and appropriately to all children and youth across the state.
(c) Identify and obtain the revenue and resources necessary to ensure that the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth of California, in its totality, is applied evenly, equitably, and appropriately to all children and youth across the state.
Mirzam likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, ADEM, AFP, ASIA, CFS, GBS, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, POF, POTS, RA, SJS, SLE, SPD, TPI, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, fibromyalgia, Retts Syndrome, encephalitis, Hughes Syndrome, neurological damage, coma, or death."

~paraphrased from "Forrest Gump"~

Last edited by applejuice; 12-08-2016 at 01:36 PM.

#4 of 51 Old 12-08-2016, 01:43 PM

Again, I did read it. I'm not clear on how it's a "medical kidnap" bill or about the government destroying families. I read the idea of "health care" like they just want all kids to have affordable access to the doctor's office.

Don't get me wrong. There may be more to the bill. Pan's pretty drunk on power now and may try to push through whatever he can get away with. I just need a better analysis to go on. What does Del say in the video?
applejuice likes this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor

#5 of 51 Old 12-08-2016, 02:01 PM

Turquesa, it all depends on what your definition of

Quote:
is and what the State of CA definition of "quality health care" is.

If maintaining your child on the CDC vaccine schedule is a right, then plenty of parents will lose their parental authority. The wealthy people on the Westside can afford to move or hire a lawyer, but regular folk like me will be in trouble. Social Services in CA is a nightmare.

Del mentioned that this bill was introduced on Monday. Del referred to Pan's behavior as "MacCarthyism" - not sure what he means by that. I guess referring to antivaxers as communists?
Mirzam and Turquesa like this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, ADEM, AFP, ASIA, CFS, GBS, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, POF, POTS, RA, SJS, SLE, SPD, TPI, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, fibromyalgia, Retts Syndrome, encephalitis, Hughes Syndrome, neurological damage, coma, or death."

Last edited by applejuice; 12-08-2016 at 03:44 PM.
#6 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 07:19 AM

If this is over clarifying a single, vague definition, then Bigtree's rant is both a speculation and overreaction. While there's a possibility that it's true, I think it's premature to declare that this bill is "worse than SB277."

#7 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
@Turquesa I hope you are right. Did you watch the periscopes of Dr Suzanne Humphries debrief of the NYU talk where Richard Pan spoke and was heralded a hero for SB277? This man now has such an inflated ego that he thinks he is invincible. I really believe Del Bigtree is right, and I pity the poor people in CA.

ETA: These people have an agenda, that was clear with Paul Offit's rant about Dr Sears and his obvious persecution. Also, if you listened to Dr Humphries you will hear that Richard Pan, stated that the goal of SB277 is to go after MEDICAL exemptions.
applejuice, Deborah and Silversky like this.

I am Rhome

Last edited by Mirzam; 12-09-2016 at 07:47 AM.
#8 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

SECTION 1. (a) The Legislature finds and declares that all children and youth, regardless of gender, class, race, ethnicity, national origin, culture, religion, immigration status, sexual orientation, or ability, have inherent rights that entitle them to protection, special care, and assistance, including, but not limited to, the following:

(1) The right to parents, guardians, or caregivers who act in their best interest. INCLUDING MAKING PROPER CHOICES BASED ON THEIR AWARENESS OF RISKS OF VACCINES.
(2) The right to form healthy attachments with adults responsible for their care and well-being.DENIED BY VACCINE-INDUCED ENCEPHALOPATHY-MEDIATED AUTISM
(3) The right to live in a safe and healthy environment. INCLUDING THE DR'S OFFICE?
(4) The right to social and emotional well-being.DENIED BY VACCINE-INDUCED ENCEPHALOPATHY-MEDIATED AUTISM
(5) The right to opportunities to attain optimal cognitive, physical, and social development. DENIED BY VACCINE-INDUCED ENCEPHALOPATHY-MEDIATED AUTISM
(6) The right to appropriate, quality education and life skills leading to self-sufficiency in adulthood. FORCED PUBLIC SCHOOL IF STATE DEEMS HOMESCHOOLING INADEQUATE
(7) The right to appropriate, quality health care. DENIED BY UNRELIABLE VACCINE SAFETY SCIENCE
applejuice and Deborah like this.

I am Rhome
#9 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Tim Bolen's (not everyone's cup of tea, I know) opinion:

http://bolenreport.com/california-st...wns-child-pan/
Quote:
“This bill would declare the intent of the Legislature to expand and codify the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth of California to establish a comprehensive framework that governs the rights of all children and youth in California, outlines the research-based essential needs of California’s children, and establishes standards relating to the health, safety, well-being, early childhood and educational opportunities, and familial supports necessary for all children to succeed. The bill would declare the intent of the Legislature, by January 1, 2022, to enact legislation for the purpose of ensuring that the Bill of Rights for Children and Youth of California, in its totality, is applied evenly, equitably, and appropriately to all children and youth across the state.”
Quote:
So basically, Senate Bill 18 allows the state of California to act on the behalf of any child, irregardless of parental and/or informed consent.

Because your child will be given “rights” that allow the state to gain consent from your child for any “research-based” experiment that the State of California sees fit to inflict, parents will no longer have a way to protect their child from basic human rights abuses.

I am Rhome
#10 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
This doesn't have anything to do with vaccines. I think that it is projection from the sponsor of the bill being the same person who sponsored SB277.

I can't find anything objectionable in the bill. It appears to me that it is similar to the UN rights of the child treaty that the US will not ratify (most arguments I have read as to why involve fear that parental rights to spank children would be curtailed). I think the bill is largely for one state to quasi ratify the UN rights of the child treaty, the statements are pretty congruent to that.

I think that referring to it as a medical kidnap bill or the destruction of families act, or the government owns your children act is ridiculous hyperbole.

I can't find anything in those 7 things that would be objectionable in any way.
#11 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I agree. I do not either.

However, as I said, it all depends on what you would define items in the bill as -

Quote:
I do not believe that vaccines constitute quality health care. You may. If you agree with Dr Paul Offit, with whom Sen Pan visited last week, then I should forever lose custody of my children since my "beliefs" deny my child quality health care, even if my children are otherwise perfectly healthy. This all depends on interpretation; the Devil is in the details.

Dakotacakes, if you are not worried, then good for you!

With the passage of the bill in Congress last week and the introduction of this bill this week, I do believe we are on a runaway train to permanent chronic illness and patient-hood for the FDA.

But then, that may be the definition of quality health care.

Who knows?
Mirzam, Deborah, Xerxella and 2 others like this.

Last edited by applejuice; 12-09-2016 at 04:15 PM.
#12 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 338 Post(s)
Quoted: 2784 Post(s)
History is full of things that looked like a good idea but worked out really badly in practice.
applejuice, mama24-7 and Xerxella like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
#13 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
History is full of things that looked like a good idea but worked out really badly in practice.
Yes. Otherwise known as unintended consequences or a slippery slope.

Sen Pan has stated that his ultimate goal is to get rid of the medical exemption; apparently, the first order of business is to demonize/prosecute/persecute/harass/get rid of any doctor who will write a medical exemption.

Voila!

No more medical exemptions!

Vaccines for all. "... appropriate and quality health care".
Mirzam, Deborah and Xerxella like this.

Last edited by applejuice; 12-09-2016 at 01:43 PM.
#14 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Whoops! Senator Dr. Richard Pan inadvertently revealed his true plan for medically independent families in California and showed why he needs to brush up on his history books.
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

I am Rhome
#15 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 03:15 PM

mmm, Final Solution? Sounds familiar.

Quote:
There will come a time when the names "Drs Richard Pan and Paul Offit, MD," will be as reviled as Dr Josef Mengele for the roles in the creation of the autism holocaust and for the lives lost and maimed through their insatiable greed and sociopathic quest for mass vaccination. That day is coming.
Soon I hope.

Those who do not learn from the lessons of the past are doomed to re-live them.
Mirzam likes this.

Last edited by applejuice; 12-09-2016 at 03:19 PM.
#16 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Joining some dots..... Paul Offit saying unvaxxed children should go to the state.

applejuice likes this.

I am Rhome
#17 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 04:11 PM

Brown v Stone 1979 - a state of MS decision, I believe, not SCOTUS.

http://law.justia.com/cases/mississi...9/51553-0.html

#18 of 51 Old 12-09-2016, 04:49 PM

"We may be approaching a time in which more vaccine related problems than those due to disease will be experienced."

-Charles Manclark, 1975, FDA scientist hired to develop today's dtap/tdap.
Mirzam and Deborah like this.

#19 of 51 Old 12-10-2016, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1419 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post
"Perpetually Panicked Pan"

Perfect!
applejuice and Tweety_Bird like this.
#20 of 51 Old 12-10-2016, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Interesting, when you look at the origin of 'panic':
Quote:
Word Origin
C17: from French panique, from New Latin pānicus, from Greek panikos emanating from Pan, considered as the source of irrational fear
applejuice, Xerxella and samaxtics like this.
#21 of 51 Old 12-11-2016, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Just WHO IS Sponsoring California State Senator Richard Pan’s Destruction of Parental Rights?

http://bolenreport.com/just-who-is-s...enate-bill-18/

(Warning may be triggering)
applejuice likes this.

I am Rhome
#22 of 51 Old 12-11-2016, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Do you want to work as a parent organizer for SB18? Common Sense Media is hiring (stipend paid).

http://www.idealist.org/view/volop/JKBKF3SbP9MD/
applejuice likes this.

I am Rhome
#23 of 51 Old 12-15-2016, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotacakes View Post
This doesn't have anything to do with vaccines. I think that it is projection from the sponsor of the bill being the same person who sponsored SB277.

I can't find anything objectionable in the bill. It appears to me that it is similar to the UN rights of the child treaty that the US will not ratify (most arguments I have read as to why involve fear that parental rights to spank children would be curtailed). I think the bill is largely for one state to quasi ratify the UN rights of the child treaty, the statements are pretty congruent to that.

I think that referring to it as a medical kidnap bill or the destruction of families act, or the government owns your children act is ridiculous hyperbole.

I can't find anything in those 7 things that would be objectionable in any way
That's because it is something called a "spot bill".

Quote:
A bill that amends a code section in such an innocuous way as to be totally nonsubstantive. The bill has been introduced to assure that a germane vehicle will be available at a later date after the deadline has passed to introduce bills. At that future date, the bill can be amended with more substance included.
http://leginfo.ca.gov/glossary.html
applejuice likes this.

I am Rhome
#24 of 51 Old 12-15-2016, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

More from Tim Bolen....

http://bolenreport.com/communism-com...nias-children/
applejuice likes this.

I am Rhome
#25 of 51 Old 12-17-2016, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Kids in Common and SB# 18

https://wakesheep.wordpress.com/2016...n-common-sb18/
applejuice likes this.

I am Rhome
#26 of 51 Old 01-02-2017, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

SB18, part of the road map to mandatory vaccination.

http://rickjaffeesq.com/2016/12/21/n...et-may-coming/
applejuice likes this.

I am Rhome
#27 of 51 Old 01-02-2017, 06:05 PM

Campaign posters - we all love our children.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15822927_10211532265924111_8048382260173132646_n.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	48250  

Click image for larger version

Name:	15894496_10211532265644104_2563290979073047808_n.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	48258  

#28 of 51 Old 01-02-2017, 06:31 PM

http://www.nosb18.org/
Deborah likes this.

#29 of 51 Old 01-24-2017, 03:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotacakes View Post

I think that is perhaps quite naive considering Pan's name is all over it and considering the overreach of the Californian heads of state. Governments do not ever have public interest at heart at their highest levels.

34 yo mum of 1 miracle daughter.
#30 of 51 Old 05-20-2017, 02:06 PM

So, SB18 is worse than SB277. What could be worse than SB18?

Shell game at play here.

SB18 has been magically changed into SCR41

Therefore SB18 = SCR41 http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...201720180SCR41

A pig with lipstick and rouge on it.

From Facebook -

"Repost from SB18 Takedown
**Admin Post**
A quick primer on what has happened with SB18. It's confusing. Probably by design.
So, as you know, SB18 - A Bill of Rights for Children and Youth in California, was introduced in December. We organized and activated. We successfully ensured that not a single coauthor officially signed on to support this bill. This bill went nowhere! Our efforts caused the sponsor to completely change direction. Here's what happened (this is where it gets tricky)...
Realizing that SB18 was a goner, the author introduced a resolution, SCR41, that is really SB18 as it was intended to read. Resolutions are basically legislative opinions. They do not carry the force of law. They are feel good statements. Usually. Here's where things get interesting. Stay with me, SCR41 is now a resolution that is really SB18. Resolutions are easier to pass. They aren't usually vetted in policy committees. They usually go straight to the floor for a full vote. This is the sponsor's way of getting SB18 accepted by the legislature.
Now, SB18 was completely gutted and no longer resembles a bill of rights for anyone. It is a bill that aims to establish a legislative committee that will give SCR41 the force of law. It is a dirty trick whose purpose is to circumvent the legislative pathway for a bill. We aren't falling for it!
SB18 is stuck for the time being as it failed to meet legislative deadlines. It is NOT dead. This is the first year in a two year legislative period. This bill can be resuscitated in January 2018. Our energy now needs to be spent on killing the resolution. Without the resolution, SB18 has nothing. Kill the resolution and we effectively kill SB18.
In the coming weeks, our action plans will be centered around killing SCR41. Easy reminder: SCR41 = the original SB18...
Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion. Please let me know if you have any questions."

IF YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT HAS YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART,
OBVIOUSLY, YOU NEVER PAID ATTENTION IN HISTORY CLASS!

Last edited by applejuice; 05-20-2017 at 02:25 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page