Polly Tommey Banned from Australia for Three Years - Mothering Forums

214Likes

#1 of 99 Old 08-07-2017, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3490 Post(s)
Polly Tommey Banned from Australia for Three Years

There is word that Suzanne Humphries may be as well, and is going to be making a "separate announcement" about it.

This comes two days after an article titled "COAG health ministers reject anti-vaccination movement" was published where they noted that immigration officials were aware of their presence and that a surgeon had slammed them for not revoking Suzanne's visa after Sherri Tenpenny's was canceled amid "security" concerns.

The article is behind a pay wall, but here it is in part. If anyone would like to read the full version, send me a PM.

Quote:
Questions were raised yesterday about how Ms Humphries had obtained a visa to Australia.

A spokesman for Immigration Minister Peter Dutton said the department was aware of Ms Humphries’ case.

“In cases where the presence of a person is assessed to be a risk to the health, safety or good order of the Australian community or a segment of the Australian community, there may be grounds to consider cancellation of the person’s visa,” the spokeswoman said.

They could not confirm whether Ms Humphries had entered the country on a tourist or working visa.

Melbourne-based surgeon John Cunningham, who attended the film on Thursday, questioned Boroondara Council for allowing the group to show the film — which alleges the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccination causes autism — inside a public venue.

He also slammed immigration officials for allowing the activists for being allowed into the country, given that US anti-vaccination campaigner Sherri Tenpenny cancelled her visa amid security concerns.
https://myaccount.news.com.au/theaus...type=anonymous

So, what are everyone's thoughts on these developments?

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by teacozy; 08-07-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 99 Old 08-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Proves what a fascist police state Australia is becoming.

Actually, nowadays with technology one isn't required to physically be somewhere to communicate/present to folks in a particular location.

Maybe the response to the fascist Australian government should be similar to 'dirty' Harry's:
kathymuggle likes this.
#3 of 99 Old 08-07-2017, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 1741 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post

What are your thoughts? Is this something you support?

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud member of #teamvaxchoice

#4 of 99 Old 08-07-2017, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 333 Post(s)
Quoted: 2775 Post(s)
Quote:
There is word that Suzanne Humphries may be as well, and is going to be making a "separate announcement" about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_UJnmXRlA

This comes two days after an article titled "COAG health ministers reject anti-vaccination movement" was published where they noted that immigration officials were aware of their presence and that a surgeon had slammed them for not revoking Suzanne's visa after Sherri Tenpenny's was canceled amid "security" concerns.

The article is behind a pay wall, but here it is in part. If anyone would like to read the full version, send me a PM.

https://myaccount.news.com.au/theaus...type=anonymous

I think it is hilarious. That two mild mannered, middle aged women, one a medical doctor, the other a mother of a severely autistic teen are considered so dangerous that they have to be banned from entering Australia...seriously!

The US definitely has a lot of horrendous problems, but it cheers me up in a sick sort of way to know that there is always Australia.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
#5 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
What are your thoughts? Is this something you support?
AFAIK, we don't have an official statement on why they've been banned. It could be for something as simple as a visa violation (ie obtaining a travel visa when you're actually working, etc).

Having said that, I think if Australia wants to keep people coming into the country whose sole purpose for being there is spreading debunked theories about vaccines which have the potential to precipitate outbreaks of preventable disease, they are well within their right to do so. This isn't theoretical, we know the anti-vaccine message can reduce vaccine uptake in communities which can result in outbreaks of disease (see Minnesota).

Whether they are middle aged or parents or women or "mild mannered" is irrelevant to whether they can spread misinformation that could potentially harm public health or not.

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience
#6 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Schadenfreude.

I doubt this would have been posted here in this manner if Drs. Offit or Pan were banned from somewhere for three years.
samaxtics likes this.
#7 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
@teacozy wrote:
Quote:
...a surgeon had slammed them for not revoking Suzanne's visa after Sherri Tenpenny's was canceled amid "security" concerns.
@teacozy quoted:
Quote:
He also slammed immigration officials for allowing the activists for being allowed into the country, given that US anti-vaccination campaigner Sherri Tenpenny cancelled her visa amid security concerns.
Did Sheri Tenpenny cancel her own visa (re: quote) or did Australia (as inferred by teacozy) cancel her visa?

As for the American VaXXed team, what does it matter if they are banned from Australia? Banning people for defending personal medical choice just makes the government look ridiculous, so ban away! Why just three years though? Is that the term limit for the current government?

Besides, plans are in the making for Australia to have its own VaXXed bus driving the country and recording parents' stories. As I've said elsewhere on this forum, the stories of the vaccine injured and the extremely healthy unvaccinated people are quite compelling and the amount of unvaccinated in Australia is quite surprising and encouraging. You'd never know it by their extreme media. There are so many stories in Australia with large families who are their own vax/unvax study. For example the one family (I think it is the president of AVN) with 8 children - 6 vaccinated and injured and 2 very healthy unvaccinated. The government and media can spin away, but it's hard to ignore the suffering of the injured and their families and the good health of those that remain unvaccinated.

Did I mention the unvaccinated are really healthy?
weisser hase likes this.
#8 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisser hase View Post
Schadenfreude
This is a neat German word that means "pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune".

Here are some more great German words that we don't really have a good equivalent for in English:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/g...gV7#.uq9awXVJO
Mirzam, Deborah and weisser hase like this.
#9 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 05:27 PM

I wonder what @japonica thinks of Australia banning Polly etc. to try censor discussion regarding serious side effects of vaccines.
Deborah and weisser hase like this.
#10 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
Did I mention the unvaccinated are really healthy?
Don't worry, it's OK if you mention it more than once.
#11 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Whether they are middle aged or parents or women or "mild mannered" is irrelevant to whether they can spread misinformation that could potentially harm public health or not.

Vaxxed
is mostly about the famous recorded phone conversation between Drs. Brian Hooker and William Thompson. Have you seen Vaxxed yet? If so, I was wondering if you could detail for me what exactly about their account of William Thompson was misinformation. If not, I'd say that you're speaking prematurely, don't you think? Until you've heard their own case, and not their case has been presented by, for example, your favorite vax bloggers, it doesn't seem fair to label it as "misinformation."

As for venturing my opinion on Australia's travel ban, everyone here already knows my views on government or privately sponsored censorship.

If it's true that a Vaxxed bus will be crossing Australia, they deserve our thoughts/prayers. The most they deal with here is a heavy-drinking salesman from Tacoma stalking the across a couple of states. I'm terrified to think of the harassment and intimidation that they'll face in Australia.
Mirzam, Deborah and weisser hase like this.

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor

#12 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 05:39 PM

Yikes, I recall the horrid characters that severely harassed the founder of the Australian vaccine information organization.
#13 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Looks like word on the street is that they lied on their visas.

Also:

Quote:
The Herald Sun understands both anti-vaxxers had not declared their intention to work, resulting in visa cancellations and a “substantial” exclusion period.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection would not comment.

But confirming it was aware of both cases, a spokesman said: “Individuals travelling to Australia need to be aware of visa conditions and ensure they meet all requirements to legally stay in Australia.”
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/int...7b5eaae5d5c804

And yes, I've seen Vaxxed. The many many inaccuracies and distortions from the film have been covered extensively. I do not have the time to go through them all again.

#14 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
AFAIK, we don't have an official statement on why they've been banned. It could be for something as simple as a visa violation (ie obtaining a travel visa when you're actually working, etc).

Having said that, I think if Australia wants to keep people coming into the country whose sole purpose for being there is spreading debunked theories about vaccines which have the potential to precipitate outbreaks of preventable disease, they are well within their right to do so. This isn't theoretical, we know the anti-vaccine message can reduce vaccine uptake in communities which can result in outbreaks of disease (see Minnesota).

I was hoping you would come out firmly in favor of censorship. And you did.

Frankly, I think censoring alternative points of view is far worse than spreading misinformation. A free and healthy society can cope with people saying wrong stuff. Societies that cannot cope are neither free nor healthy. Plus, of course, they are likely to have huge amounts of misinformation being spread around by the very people who are claiming to be protecting the "masses" from that supposed "wrong info".

Suggest you re-read 1984.
Mirzam, Kelleybug, Bow and 4 others like this.

prevent it
#15 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 06:21 PM

I doubt very much that either of them lied on their visa. The government was looking for an excuse and fudged one up. Aided by a lazy press.

What I'm getting out of this little mess is that the vaccine defenders are literally unable to effectively argue their side.

For example, what about the babies, children and teens who react to more than one dose of the same vaccine? Double coincidence? Or actual vaccine reaction?

And if it is an actual vaccine reaction, does that mean that some of those who had a similar reaction to just one dose might also represent actual vaccine reactions?

Crickets once again...
Bow, Turquesa and weisser hase like this.

prevent it
#16 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 07:02 PM

The VaXXed team had business visas. I wouldn't take teacozy's tabloid seriously; they call Polly an anti-vaxxer yet her son was injured by vaccines. If they can't get the headline right, there isn't much hope for the article. The tabloids also have lied about the AVN lying to the venues that played VaXXed.

Anyway, for those who might be interested in something more than "the word on the street", here are Polly and Anu talking about their exit from Australia:

#17 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 07:05 PM

@samaxtics , you beat me to it. I was about to post that.

But gossip transcends...
samaxtics and weisser hase like this.

prevent it
#18 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 07:11 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Looks like word on the street is that they lied on their visas.
LOL! "Word on the street" is about as reliable as any Murdoch-owned tabloid gets!

It sounds to me that the Australian government decided to exploit a loophole by calling what Tommey and Humphries are doing "working" after they applied for a travel visa. This is petty. And stupid. They already stated that they don't like their subversive message and sought to censor it. I wish they would have stuck with that more honest narrative.

And honestly, this is just a symbolic, political feather display. Unless Australia gets like the Chinese and censors the Internet, or like the fascists and burns books, people can get their information from sources other than in-person encounters with Tommey and Humphries.

Last edited by Turquesa; 08-08-2017 at 09:59 PM. Reason: clarification
#19 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 07:23 PM

[quote=Turquesa;19712061]
Quote:

LOL! "Word on the street" is about as reliable as any Murdoch-owned tabloid gets!

It sounds to me that the Australian government decided to exploit a loophole by calling what they are doing "working" after they applied for a travel visa. This is petty. And stupid. They already stated that they don't like their subversive message and sought to censor it. I wish they would have stuck with that more honest narrative.

And honestly, this is just a symbolic, political feather display. Unless Australia gets like the Chinese and censors the Internet, or like the fascists and burns books, people can get their information from sources other than in-person encounters with Tommey and Humphries.
Exactly.

If you've got rock solid science and points, there is no need to censor, or lie, or play weird games or try to intimidate.

prevent it
#20 of 99 Old 08-08-2017, 08:32 PM

[quote=Turquesa;]
Quote:

Actually wonder if Murdoch has something to do with Australia's fascist approach to questioning vaccines: http://www.hangthebankers.com/murdoc...nes-australia/
Quote:
The prime minister’s decision to strip welfare payments from parents who do not want to vaccinate their children may or may not have something to do with his friend Rupert Murdoch and his family’s strong connection with pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline.

The Canberra Times said in a January editorial that the prime minister does not need enemies “with friends like Rupert Murdoch.” Although the topic revolved around Mr Abbott’s chief of staff Peta Credlin, the idea is that the Murdoch family’s newspapers have taken the proverb ‘throw dirt enough, and some will stick’ to a new level.
Turquesa and weisser hase like this.

Last edited by Tweety_Bird; 08-08-2017 at 08:34 PM.
#21 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 06:27 AM

When I went to Australia (many moons ago) it was my experience that it took months for the visa application. I was going to bring up this point in my last post but didn't because I figured that maybe the process is a lot faster today, but I did wonder why the Australian government/media are acting like the VaXXed team just materialized on their continent like Captain James T Kirk and crew. In the beginning of the video below, Polly addresses the visa issue. Would like to hear your thoughts @teacozy on these developments and also would like to know if you will continue to trust the tabs implicitly.

Bow and weisser hase like this.
#22 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Polly Tommey has just provided a tiny snippet of her response from Australia. I am now more convinced that she isn't being totally straight forward, as the sentence she provided was reason letter "e" for the visa cancellation. What are the 4 other reasons above it? Why not show it if it has nothing to do with her being less than honest on her visa? She is only showing what she wants to show.

There is more to it than just getting a business visa. You also have to accurately answer the questions asked on the visa.

Here is what the Vaxxed team has provided:

And:

Again, they are being VERY selective about what they are willing to show. There are at least two pages to the document, and they are providing two short sentences.
Bow likes this.

Last edited by teacozy; 08-09-2017 at 09:14 AM.
#23 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 10:52 AM

[quote=Deborah;19712063]
Quote:

Exactly.

If you've got rock solid science and points, there is no need to censor, or lie, or play weird games or try to intimidate.
It's like I said . . .
Bow, Bow and weisser hase like this.

#24 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 10:53 AM

And honestly, I can't get too hard on Australia, seeing as we're dealing with this same hair-brained sh*t in the U.S.
Deborah, Bow, Bow and 1 others like this.

#25 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Again, they are being VERY selective about what they are willing to show. There are at least two pages to the document, and they are providing two short sentences.
I was unable to get a screenshot, but the discussion on that is here.
Bow and weisser hase like this.

Last edited by Turquesa; 08-09-2017 at 11:42 AM.
#26 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Polly Tommey has just provided a tiny snippet of her response from Australia. I am now more convinced that she isn't being totally straight forward, as the sentence she provided was reason letter "e" for the visa cancellation. What are the 4 other reasons above it? Why not show it if it has nothing to do with her being less than honest on her visa? She is only showing what she wants to show.

There is more to it than just getting a business visa. You also have to accurately answer the questions asked on the visa.

And:

If one is going to accuse folks of something one needs to improve one's analytical skills. Above the (e) statement there seems to a sentence ending in 'that'. One can clearly see that the sentence ending in 'that' is not indented at all whereas the (e) statement is indented. If four other reasons were listed they would also be indented.

Should be careful about relying on everything Orca et al says.
Mirzam and weisser hase like this.

Last edited by Tweety_Bird; 08-09-2017 at 01:30 PM.
#27 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2...rom-australia/

Quote:
Polly Tommey is a woman who stands for what she believes and puts everything on the line. She has delved deeply into the protected secrets of the medical establishment. She has emerged with a film brimming with knowledge.

In a half-sane world, she would be hailed as a hero.

I am Rhome
#28 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:

And:

The desperation is quite comical.

Did you really expect Polly to release the full document with her personal information on it for all and sundry to see?

Can you explain teacozy, how it is that Anu who was in Australia on the same type of visa wasn't banned but Polly was (not sure about Dr. Humphries) if the reason was they lied on their application?

This is from an Australian law firm:

Quote:
If a visa is cancelled and the cancelled visa-holder leaves Australia or is not in Australia, then they will face a 3 year ban from grant of further temporary visas to which PIC 4013 applies unless the person can show compelling or compassionate reasons for grant of the visa within the 3 year ban period.
This visa cancellation was done as they were leaving the country...as in... after their visit...as in... after they visited those venues (including ANU's science dept.) showing the film and participated in Q&A's (unpaid) and recorded many stories of vaccine injured children and healthy unvaccinated children (also unpaid). Cancelling the visa on their way out of the country is akin to shutting the barn door after the horses have left.
#29 of 99 Old 08-09-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
And honestly, I can't get too hard on Australia, seeing as we're dealing with this same hair-brained sh*t in the U.S.
Do you suppose some of the vaccine defenders would go for this craziness, too? there are definitely some similarities.
weisser hase likes this.

prevent it
#30 of 99 Old 08-10-2017, 06:42 AM

There is a new video by Polly and Anu which is their official statement about the Visa ban. You can see it at the We Are Vaxxed FB page. It's not on their YouTube Channel yet and I'm not sure how to link the FB video.
Polly was the only VaXXed team member to be banned; Anu, Dr. Humphries and Brian Hooker were not banned. And she was banned for the reason that her presence could provoke an "adverse reaction" in the community.

Once again the vaccine enthusiasts stay true to their character by presenting false narratives:
Quote:
The Herald Sun understands both anti-vaxxers had not declared their intention to work

Quote:
...people coming into the country whose sole purpose for being there is spreading debunked theories about vaccines...
is a popular albeit incorrect narrative among the pro-vax and serves to direct the focus away from the real intention of the visit which was to screen the documentary of a CDC scientist who claims malfeasance in the way that the CDC conducts vaccine safety studies and get a dialogue happening.

Notice no vaccine enthusiast is talking about the stories of the vaccine injured or the stories of the very healthy unvaccinated that the VaXXed team recorded in Australia and New Zealand. These stories are from people who came to the screenings of their own volition; they were not coerced nor did the VaXXed team seek them out. And if you watch the video I mentioned above, Anu and Polly talk how Australian media coverage served to increase the number of people coming to the screenings. Not only were shows sold out but they had waiting lists.
Deborah, Bow and weisser hase like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page