Mothering Forum banner

Roll call?

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  gottajibboo2 
#1 ·
Where is everybody? Here I was hoping to lurk for a few more weeks :)

Edd by ovulation for me is March 14. This will be my 3rd. I had an unnecessary c/s with my first (overdue, suspected large baby, induction, cascade of interventions train wreck) and a relatively easy accidentally out of hospital VBAC with my second.

I'm on vacation, and my doctor lost delivery privileges at my hospital (political b.s., no bad outcome) so I may be searching for a provider when I return.

#3 ·
Hi @cillian!! I am not feeling any symptoms, which is why I wanted to lurk :) I did make a preliminary appointment with my family practice doc (actually her nurse practitioner) for Thursday (seems early!) But I'm leaning towards a dating/viability u/s so early is good for that. My first was induced at 41w5d and second came spontaneously at 38w6d so who knows what will happen this go round. A March 14 due date puts me pretty safely in the March DDC either way, though. Told my first IRL friend today :)

#4 ·
Hi! My edd based on lmp is March 13. Based on that I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and have my first appointment with a midwife. I really want a dating/viability U/S and am hoping I can get in ASAP. I'm pretty nervous! This will be my 4th.

#5 ·
Hello! My edd is March 16. I really hope this one sticks! I had a mc in March at 8w5d and it has made me Sooo nervous. I have 3 little boys and was never nervous with those pregnancies, but it took longer to get pregnant this year (not trying hard, but not preventing) and then the miscarriage, I can't really believe it this time or get too excited. I am hoping joining in on the forum will help me believe it's real and relax :smile:
My first appointment is on Thursday (I should be 6 weeks) and its the first time I have ever gone to an OB for pregnancy, so a little bit more nervous!

#6 · (Edited)
I'm here! I just got my positive tests Friday (day 28 of my cycle) We weren't trying, but we weren't being great about preventing either so I was not expecting this to happen so soon. My EDD is March 25th. I'm not having much for symptoms yet, just VERY tired and emotional.

I have an *almost* five-year-old daughter that was about two weeks overdue, so I may pop into the April DDC once it opens as well.

Nice to meet you ladies. :)

#7 ·
Hi, I'm new here, but we have baby number 3 on the way. It took us a bit over a year of trying so I am super excited to finally have a little one on the way. According to my last period, I would be due on the 15th of March, but I always have cycles that are a little bit long, so I am going to say closer to the 19th or 20th. So excited to talk with some other ladies. We aren't telling anyone yet :)

Andrea

#8 ·
I'm in! Quite in shock still even after knowing for 5 days now. We were preventing and discussing trying in fall as we were still so conflicted about another one...well this certainly simplified things, hahaha. The DDCs seem pretty vacant so I'm hoping we can have a core group of mamas to chat with. EDD 4/30 but I am always late so April is likely.

Anyway, this will be my 9 th pg, 5th live birth if it sticks, but I'm not worried.

#10 ·
I'm in! Quite in shock still even after knowing for 5 days now. We were preventing and discussing trying in fall as we were still so conflicted about another one...well this certainly simplified things, hahaha. The DDCs seem pretty vacant so I'm hoping we can have a core group of mamas to chat with. EDD 4/30 but I am always late so April is likely.

Anyway, this will be my 9 th pg, 5th live birth if it sticks, but I'm not worried.
Also hoping to find a few others to stick out the DDC with me! I had a VERY active group with over 60 mamas here when I was pregnant with my daughter so I wasn't expecting the forum to be so slow. Seems Facebook groups are taking over!

#9 ·
Hi, I just found out I'm pregnant with baby #3 . After getting nothing but negatives (including this morning on a CBWE when my period was due), I completely convinced myself my symptoms were really just insanity and a UTI. Went to the dr and got the pleasant news there. EDD 3/30 or maybe 4/1, somewhere in there.

#11 ·
I'm joining the club. Due March 30 (my dad's birthday.) But, I'm cautiously optomistic, because I've had 4 babies and 4 miscarriages. I always miscarry a pregnancy right before I get pregnant for good. Maybe this time it will stick right away!

#12 ·
Hi all! I'm expecting baby #2 on March 13th (a day after my own birthday!). Worked with a midwife for baby #1 , hoping to have her at home, and ended up in hospital with an emergency c-section- that was Dec. 2013. Have recently been for initial labs/appointment with a midwife at local hospital that does allow VBACs- still a very different model of care and I'm just not feeling very sure about it yet. Anyone else have a VBAC in the past, or hoping to this time?

#14 ·
I am also going for a VBAC this time. This will be my second VBAC. My first was at a very natural-birth and VBAC friendly hospital and it was just perfect! I am a little more nervous this time because we have since moved and my new hospital is a little more strict with the monitoring/IV rules for VBAC. I am writing a birthplan that says I want hep-lock and intermittent Doppler monitoring only. I will sign waivers or whatever, but of course this is easier said than done while you're in labor. I love my midwife and she is on my side, so I am just hoping for the best.

#13 ·
Hi Mamas,

I'm Jen and expecting #2 in early April or late March. I have a 2.5 year old son who was due 4/6 but came three weeks early on St. Patrick's Day, so I take an April due date with a grain of salt ;) This one is "due" 4/8. This is our 5th pregnancy, so we're cautiously optimistic that this baby will stick. I'm about 8 weeks along and just holding out hope that I'm in it for the long haul. I'm happy to be here and to share the journey with you guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.