Mothering Forum banner

Nervous about no heartbeat today at appointment

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Saladd 
#1 ·
Hello! I'm 6 weeks, 1 day (4 weeks, 1 day gestational age - I did IUI so I know exactly) and have an interuterine ultrasound this morning at my fertility clinic. The intention was to see the heartbeat and end my care with them and move on to my midwife. We didn't see the heartbeat. We did see the yolk and what she "thought" was the fetal pole. She said maybe it's too early, but it seems weird they would schedule it under the pretense of seeing the heartbeat for it not to be there. I have been nervous because my breasts have been hurting less the last couple days and I'm not as tired as I was. I'm still bloated, gassy, and urinating all the time (lovely) and my fiancé is driving me crazy. Ha! I've found it odd I haven't had any nausea because it's not unusual for me to be nauseous in life quite a bit before I was PG. So anyway this didn't help calm my nerves. I have to go back next week now to establish viability, but it's going to be a long week. Of course the few people I've told have said "don't stress", which is easy for them to say. Anyway - anyone else had an ultrasound at this point and not seen the HB? And went on for everything to be ok? I'm a natural worrier that gets insomnia, so I'm dreading the next week. Thanks!

#6 ·
I had 2 blood draws 9/4 and 9/8 (standard after doing IUI) and my HCG and progesterone levels were really good. To the point they normally would put a woman my age on progesterone and didn't. I'm feeling better today. My best friend has a friend who is the head of OB at a major hospital in NY and said he thinks they brought us in too early. He would never bring a mother in prior to week 7 for just this reason. He said 6w1d is really on the cusp and most can't detect until 6w4d. So hopefully all is well. Thanks for the support. It was just such a disappointment after being excited for it, and then scary knowing miscarriage percentages for older Mom's. I'll keep you updated!

#3 ·
I have no experience with this either. I have experienced one loss, but didn't find out until I started spotting at 10w. I sincerely hope there is nothing to worry about. I know the unknowing is really the most horrible place to be in. It seems like examining your hcg levels with a blood draw could give you some info. Hugs.

#8 ·
I'm sorry :(

I had spotting around the same time for about a week and a half. I even had a small clot pass. I did not miscarry, everything was fine. Spotting can be normal. I remember freaking out too. Just try and keep yourself occupied. I hope everything turns out fine!

#10 ·
Any news? One of my apps says at 7 weeks (where I am now) it's normal to see spotting at this time, which I thought was odd, and it didn't explain why. I'm too scared to google why, but I'm sure it'll just give me nightmares... I had some tinged discharge (tmi?) and was relived I read that. But, I'm still interested in why it's normal to see it around this time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.