Announcments - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 09-28-2016, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
JLA

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Announcments

Anyone have plans yet?

It's probablly a little early to be planning, but I'm fairly sure how we'll announce. I've got a collage picture frames, labelled "grandkids" for the Grandma's. We'll put pictures in of all the current kids and a single ultra sound pic... Hopefully they'll get it or ask, "Which one is this?" and I can say, "The next one!" while pointing at my belly.

For social media I'm thinking the family pumpkin pic with the mom cut out for a tiny pumpkin inside. So adorable!

What is everyone else thinking?!! Share pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-29-2016, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We've decided that we will not be announcing on social media this time around as we have a few family members that feel that liking a post is the same as being involved in our lives. Instead, we will start telling people after 12 weeks when we see them in person. We'll see most of DH's family on Thanksgiving so I'm thinking of getting our DD a shirt that says "Big Sister" or maybe a shirt for DH that says "Be nice to me my wife is pregnant". Other than that big reveal we'll just be telling people matter of factly as we see them.

I'm a 20-something wife and mother of 2 rambunctious little boys& 1 sweet baby girl. Expecting #4 May 2017.
#3 of 5 Old 09-30-2016, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We were going to do a reveal near Christmas when we found out the gender but we've decided not to do a social media announcement this time. We're just going to tell close family and friends.

#4 of 5 Old 11-02-2016, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, we're not sure if we'll even announce. Being that DP and I are so young, we don't have many people supporting our choice in starting a family. Whatever, when I start showing they'll know, which will save me and DP any judgement and unsolicited advice for a time, haha.
#5 of 5 Old 11-08-2016, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a pretty private person and I HATE being given unsolicited advice... I've decided, at least for now, that only my immediate family and people I see every day (work, mostly) are going to know, maybe until the baby's born. I really don't want the constant questions, either. I've told my parents and sisters, not yet my brothers. I have a LOT of nieces and nephews, all 16 and under... I'll tell them when I start showing, I guess.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page