Mothering Forum banner

How is everyone feeling?

7K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Sima Narimanova 
#1 ·
I'm 4 weeks and 3 days today....not quite far enough for the extreme symptoms to have set in yet, if they are going to. I am suffering with very, very sore and tender breasts. If been feeling a little crampy today. And I definitely have to pee more often!

#2 ·
I am five weeks now. I tested the day before period (and got a positive!) because my breasts weren't sore (like they usually are when I am pmsing) but my nipples were insanely sensitive. That continues.

Besides that I am having major sleep issues. I am barely sleeping and I am oddly not as tired as I should be considering, and the vivid dreams have started. I usually need my sleep and badly, so getting 3-6 hours of sleep at night and functioning is really odd for me.

It has been so long since I was expecting last. I wonder if that happened with any of my other pregnancies.

#9 ·
I've never been able to wait :D I've always told everyone right away and the only people I haven't told so far are my kids. This time feels so much less real to me, so I'm trying to wait. I'll be 10 weeks around xmas, and soon after xmas we'll go to the midwives to listen to the heartbeat and I want my kids there!

#10 ·
It is odd, I am still having trouble believing this is real. I am almost 8 weeks now and I took another hpt yesterday evening. The test line was darker than the control line.

I wonder when this will become more plausible to me.

I have major food aversions, breast tenderness and sleep problems, but no major nausea.

I wonder if being older affects that? I was so sick with my first and less sick with subsequent kids, but I don't remember any I wasn't sick with at all.

On the other hand, I am having a lot of fun and confusion looking for nice cloth diaper covers. :smile: I know it is early, but I lost a whole tote of covers when we moved. My biobottoms, bumkins and prowraps. None of them seem to be around anymore. What covers do people use with unpinned prefolds now a days?

#12 ·
I am very high risk (preemies, endocrine issues, medication that had to be changed and IV dependent), so I have had my first and second appointments already and even saw a little tiny heartbeat on the screen. LOL It doesn't seem to have helped as much as I would have thought.

#14 ·
:smile: eventually I am sure it will seem more real. I am happy about the pregnancy, starting to let myself believe it might be real.

My super sense of smelling and my amazing ability to produce saliva is a constant reminder that this might be real.

How is everyone else doing? Getting excited? Feeling sick? How are you doing?

#15 ·
I feel pretty good, except for nausea (mostly at night) and exhaustion. I'm only 7 weeks though, and I remember 8-10 weeks being the worst last time. I'm SO OVER the super sense of smell though. Cheese, raw meat, even PAM all smell so terrible I'm having a hard time finding things to cook!

#18 ·
Doing great now at 14&2! Worried about blood pressure already :( and hoping my new clinic calls me to discuss GD results I can see in my chart. I don't want to drink more crap & sit through another test. I've done the diet. It's not that bad. The worst thing I'm going through right now is my 20 Mo old's twiddling! It's horrible, especially bedtime. I'm hiding sometimes in the evenings till were actually ready for bed to avoid it.

#19 ·
Hey all! joining the club:) I felt like crap today nausea all day after driving through an area where some new blacktop was being played down. . The smell of blacktop had me gagging for miles. Also my hormones are totally out of control. I cried today for about an hour for no reason I can really think of aside from just general stress. Good times. :crying:

#20 ·
This is my second pregnancy and it was very different from the first time. I did have some nausea in the beginning, but what is more surprising is my craving - not for food but for smells. I started to like all strong flavours, like oriental and indian as well as the smell of the garden and plants. I am usually not a green person, I dont like to plant or play in the garden, but now I am crazy about planting. I am not sure if its normal. I also like now all natural things like cosmetics and try to do everything myself ( this would never happen to me before, as I am a strong addicted person to all brands and cremes and all those staff, but now its been 8 months I went all natural). I am feeling though much more depressed and loosing my self esteem, just about my body and everything. I lost my taste for nice clothes and usually I am all pump up with high heels now I am barely brushing my hair ...dont know how to get back on track and feel myself pretty and less depressed. My relationship with my husband also went bad, cause I am depressed and cry too often, but he does not get it as me being pregnant but as me being annoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.