How are you feeling? - Mothering Forums

12Likes

#1 of 93 Old 12-21-2016, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
How are you feeling?

I was surprised this time around that even from 1DPO I just knew I was pregnant. Had some very light cramping early on, and I've been feeling these lovely little "popcorn"-like feelings in my uterine area...probably just stretching/hormones?

Have also started noticing greater sensitivity to smells and some digestive issues.

Today is the first day I've felt some fatigue and nausea.

How are you feeling??

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 93 Old 12-21-2016, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
@FyerFly that's awesome that you knew you were pregnant so quickly. I remember feeling that way my first time around, pregnancy just hit me like a train! This time has been much more subtle, and I wonder if that speaks about the difference in this baby and my DD, who is the type to always announce her presence!

I'm sure my nose will become super sensitive too. Last time I didn't really experience any nausea so I'm hoping I won't this time either, but I know every pregnancy is different!

My first big sign was my lips drying up overnight. I woke up a few days ago and they were so chapped! I remember this happening the last time too, so that made me start to really accept that I was pregnant.
I'm also super tired, thirsty, emotional, and constantly peeing.
However, my biggest symptom has been my dreams. I'm usually a super vivid dreamer, but when I'm pregnant they go on overdrive. I also tend to get these very specific nightmares that I only get while pregnant, so despite having a horrible dream, it was pretty comforting to realize that I am indeed pregnant!

Mother to DD born August 2014!

Be courageously authentic, present, and full of love!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#3 of 93 Old 12-21-2016, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I didnt know till 4 weeks or so and i was afraid to Jinx it so i waited till around 8 to test. I felt all the sign but me and the hubbie have been trying for 2 years so just had to wait till it was for sure. Nashua and exhaustion hit about 8 weeks too and wow, 25 weeks and I am always nauseous and tired but i feel good. Weirdest thing i am not sure how to explain it but i can laugh it off like yep little man this is nothing compared to what shall come and i am tired and icky but happy all the way around!

#4 of 93 Old 12-22-2016, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

@Fembot thats so interesting, the idea of the pregnancy fitting the baby's personality -- I guess we'll see! Regarding smells, one of the toughest places for me during pregnancy is the grocery store!! I was just there today, and I can smell all the cleaning fluid and mops and the smell of the old milk cartons...ewww!

Chapped lips is such an interesting symptom - is it related to being dehydrated at all, or just its own thing? My mouth has been super dry lately, I think I need to drink WAY more water (esp due to still nursing DS quite a bit...)

Isn't that so funny how we have "horrible" symptoms (like your dreams) and instead of being a bother, they make us feel more comfortable!!! I know that's true for me too. I've also started to have more vivid dreams, but nothing too scary yet.

@Blossoms80 congrats! That must be so exciting to be pregnant after TTC for two years! Sounds like you're due quite a bit before us? Glad to hear even though you're feeling icky, you're also feeling happy

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#5 of 93 Old 12-23-2016, 11:38 AM

@FyerFly The last time I was in the grocery store I was super grumpy! All the smells, busy people, plus being super tired made me so irritable. I think my hubby is going to do most of the grocery shopping from now on!

Yes, I think I am a bit dehydrated. Sometimes I get so caught up in what I'm doing that I ignore how thirsty I am, but I'm going to have to kick that bad habit. Now I've been drinking water all day, and peeing all the time! I'm still nursing my DD, so I'm sure that's making me even more thirsty. I have to get back into a pregnant mindset! And you are right, even the worst symptoms can be so reassuring and ultimately positive!

#6 of 93 Old 12-23-2016, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I started to have mild nausea at 7DPO which was before implantation but I had something similar with my last pregnancy. Most of my symptoms show up in the afternoon when I get nauseated and so tired. I have had to stay home more because I keep nodding while I'm driving! I'm also hungry every 1.5 hours or so, which has been the same for all of my pregnancies. Just like y'all, I'm excited about all of my symptoms because it's helping to make this all more real!
#7 of 93 Old 12-26-2016, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Not sure if it's age or if I've forgotten how the previous pregnancies were like but URGH I feel grotty. I'm nauseated, tired and my gut is nuts. It's either diarrhoea or constipation. Very not like me.
#8 of 93 Old 12-26-2016, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

@Fembot good call about hubby doing the groceries from now on! Ive also been drinking a ton of water and peeing a lot. I feel like Im already starting to notice my milk supply dropping...i was hoping that wouldnt happen for a while yet.
@katealicia ive also had afternoon symptoms. And the hinger thing is no joke!! I surprise myself by how much i eat sometimes...but im definitely having more cravings than aversions so far, so i expect that will change soon.
@aliciahorsley ive also had a very confused gut (cant decide what it wants to do). I think its the hormonal shifts.

My latest is last night i had a huge sneeze that i tried to suppress somewhat because i was laying down w DS to get him to bed, and so I guess my body tensed up and WHOO round ligament pain reared its ugly head!! Really sharp pain on both sides of my uterus, intense but short lived.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#9 of 93 Old 12-27-2016, 10:45 AM

@FyerFly My milk supply seems to be steady, but my nipples are so tender. Nursing has been a bit challenging and painful. I need to distract myself otherwise it really annoys me. Before I got pregnant I just assumed I would nurse through the pregnancy and tandem nurse afterwards. Now I realize how challenging that might prove to be. I'm still committed to nursing my DD as long as she wants to, it's just more challenging now.

@katealicia I've noticed an increase in appetite too. I'm always hungry, or super full and bloated. I don't know if I'm being paranoid, or if I don't accurately remember what I looked like before, but I feel like I've just been popping out already! After I eat I'm so big and bloated, I look 5 months pregnant! Then in no time at all I'm hungry again! I need to keep more snacks on hand.

#10 of 93 Old 12-27-2016, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

@Fembot I like the way you described nursing DD as more of a challenge. I've also noticed a bit of pain, interestingly more on one side than the other. I'm also planning/hoping to nurse through pregnancy and tandem nurse, but I guess we'll have to take things as they come. Also so glad you mentioned bloating...its insane how different my belly looks in the AM and at night! After meals, I look about 16 weeks pregnant too, like you mentioned.

Nausea has definitely hit a bit more in earnest now -- seems like afternoons are my most icky time of day. Also "enjoying" some of my good ol' pregnancy insomnia that I remember from the first time around - really hard to get back to sleep after DS nurses in the middle of the night!

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#11 of 93 Old 01-01-2017, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Up until a few days ago, I was feeling fine! Just a some exhaustion around afternoon time, a teeny bit of indigestion, but great other than that.

Then at 8.5 weeks it just hit me, now I feel hungover every day until late morning. I get really uncomfortable after eating any sort of substantial meal. Sometimes it's nausea but sometimes it's just feeling very "full" and queasy. But I don't get nausea like I would if I had motion sickness or a hangover. It's a strange feeling. This is my first pregnancy so I'm just getting familiar with these side effects. I have not vomited though, so I feel very grateful for that, as most of my friends who get morning sickness will throw up a bunch.

For a few days all I wanted was pizza and apples. Thank goodness for prenatal vitamins.

Oh yeah and my nipples hurt, I get a thigh cramp every other day, and I'm super constipated! Ha.
#12 of 93 Old 01-02-2017, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

@hi_i_am_leah - OUCH! Sounds like you're in the thick of it. I'm definitely feeling a few similar things, and had a serious craving for pesto yesterday (the kind like you described, where it has to be only that and nothing else).

Interesting about the thigh cramp, thats one I've never experienced. I also never vomited w/ #1 (except in labor, ha!) so fingers crossed the same will be true this time around...

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#13 of 93 Old 01-05-2017, 01:23 PM

@FyerFly Nursing has been really difficult. I'm trying to just take things as they come, because I never imagined it would be this painful and irritating. In the middle of the night when she is nursing I just want to push her off of me! I heard milk supply drops in the 2nd trimester when colostrum comes in, so maybe that will change things up

@hi_i_am_leah My nausea has been kicking my butt! Last pregnancy I only felt slightly nauseous when I was very hungry, which was easy to deal with. Now I'm nauseous all the time. Morning, noon, night, hungry, full, all the time! I've never actually puked (thankfully!) so hopefully it stays that way. I have so much sympathy for women who puke regularly during pregnancy, and I really hope I don't turn into one of them!

I've been having food aversions and cravings. Things I used to love just don't do it for me anymore, which has made meal preparation a bit challenging. We've had to start buying different groceries to keep me full. This past week I was desperate for pickles, so when my husband brought some home I ate half the jar in one day! Now the thought of pickles makes my stomach turn!

#14 of 93 Old 01-05-2017, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

@Fembot sorry to hear nursing has been difficult. Im struggling with it too, especially with feeling like i dont want to let my DS down (no pun intended, haha). I was really set on nursing him as long as he wanted, but with supply issues already looming (and pain here too, seems more intense at night!), seems like things will change faster than Id hoped.

Im also in the "have to have That Specific Food Item"...then 5 mins later "That Specific Food Item is disgusting" phase.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#15 of 93 Old 01-06-2017, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
@Fembot and @FyerFly - right there with you two on toddler nursing. I got to the point this morning that I outright told him no because it was so uncomfortable and it felt like every single hair on my body was standing on end. We were nearly night weaned then he got really sick over Christmas weekend (Urgent Care visit to rule out pneumonia) and daddy had been gone a good chunk of this week due to a funeral in Texas. While on the one hand tandem nursing sounds fun, on the other I'm so tired between pumping and commuting I think working towards weaning over the next couple months will be the best for everyone.

I have my first prenatal appointment this afternoon. It's earlier than doctors typically want to see you in this town, but I needed to be on progesterone for fetal support with my last pregnancy so they squeezed me in as soon as they could. My husband wants to talk with them to see if there is anything we can do or that I can take to mitigate stress hormones -- I have a high stress job with a crazy commute (60+ minutes one way PLUS an active interstate construction zone). I'll likely be telling my boss before the end of the month and making arrangements to work from a local work space share in town once a week.

------
Married: 2009
LOTS of adventures with my wonderful DH

Became a mother May 2015 <3
Someone new coming Aug/Sept 2017 <3
#16 of 93 Old 01-06-2017, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Ooh @justlizzy exciting about your first prenatal! I was also on progesterone for the majority of DS's pregnancy, and had my levels drawn this week. They look fine so far, but will be important to re check in a few weeks to see if they are going up. Sorry your commute is so crazy, that would definitely stress me out too. We used to live in a metro area with notoriously bad traffic, and i quit that job after 1 yr because i couldnt take the 1hr 15 min one way commute through traffic every day. I hope you work it out so you can work from the local work space as much as possible. Do you do anything while in the car to keep yourself calm?

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#17 of 93 Old 01-08-2017, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh the scary and vivid dreams are here full force. I dont even want to describe them here because they are too disturbing (and pregnancy/mothering related) not fun!

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#18 of 93 Old 01-09-2017, 05:19 AM

First prenatal appointment went well -- both DH and I liked the doctor, and we were given a 90% chance that I could have a successful VBAC if I follow all directions and really take care this pregnancy. I have the dating U/S on Friday morning -- fingers crossed that we get to see a heartbeat! Per the wheel thing they said I wasn't as far along as my charting/guessed conception date. We'll see who gets the last word on that one.

I also had the OB bloodwork done last Saturday. Sounds weird to say, but it was probably one of the five best blood draws I've had done. Single stick, over in 5 minutes for all the vials -- NOT typical for me. At my ER visit last summer it look them 4 pokes. I told my tech that I'd tip him if it was allowed.

@FyerFly -- for the commute I sleep a lot. I vanpool 4 days a week so it isn't horrible most of the time. It just wears on you after a while.

Your dreams do NOT sound like fun. The nausea is starting to ramp up. So far the only thing that makes it better is lemon water.

------

#19 of 93 Old 01-09-2017, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

@justlizzy so glad your appointment went well! And the blood draw too - I've also suffered from multiple pricks (major bruising, not cool!) so can completely understand that one making your top 5!

Glad to hear you can sleep some on the commute.

Nausea ramping up here too. Last night it felt markedly different - I had a kind of "ohhhh yeah" moment remembering the more intense nausea. Its affecting my interest in food, too.

We scheduled our first prenatal with our midwife, but won't be for another few weeks, close to mid-February. Still, something to look forward to!

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#20 of 93 Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 AM

My symptoms have seemed to have gotten a bit better. I've learned to start eating less food more frequently to combat the nausea. It's strange, now that I'm feeling a bit better, I almost miss feeling more sick. At least the sickness was confirmation of pregnancy! I'm having super vivid dreams, which was my first sign every time I got pregnant. Thankfully, mine have been pretty positive so far, but I know how horrible pregnancy nightmares can be!

@FyerFly I hope your dreams get better. I've been working on having lucid dreams so I can better control and change them when things go in a direction I don't like.

@justlizzy Nursing has been challenging, but overall I'm getting used to it. I still want to tell her no at times, and sometimes I do, but we are finding our way through it. I know my milk supply will drop next trimester, so we shall she how she takes the change. I'm sorry to hear about your commute, but hearing about your positive prenatal appointment put a smile on my face!

I'm going to call my local midwives today and set up my first appointment, which I'm a bit ambivalent about. I saw the same practice last time, but they have changed their model since then and I'm not sure if I'm going to like it. I might have to look into other options.

#21 of 93 Old 01-10-2017, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

@Fembot thanks, but I'm afraid last night was my worst dream yet! Its so awful, every night seems like a different person I'm close to is in grave danger DH thinks maybe my anxieties are coming out in my dreams (since running after DS and keeping busy with work and other things during the day doesn't allow much time for ruminating...)

We have started working on night weaning DS, which is going pretty well so far. Just taking a little bit at a time, and "the milk is sleeping" just a bit more of the night every few days.
@Fembot what changed about your mw practice? We are going with a different midwife this time, and I'm really excited about getting to know her. Feels like a very positive change, as our last mw was never the right "fit" for us, even from the very start, but since options are limited in our area, she felt like the right choice at the time.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#22 of 93 Old 01-10-2017, 12:35 PM

@FyerFly Nightmares suck. I remember all my anxieties and fears would come out in my pregnancy dreams, it was pretty stressful. I hope you find ways to work through whatever it is that's on your mind so you can start having more peaceful dreams!

Good luck on the night weaning! I've found DD has been nursing more since I got pregnant. I don't know if it's because my boobs are bigger, or what, but weaning seems far off for us. Then again, everything changes in time, so maybe weaning just feels far away right now.

With my last baby the practice was a group of 3 midwives that worked together. I saw all of them throughout my pregnancy, and they rotated who was on call. I thankfully got my favourite midwife when I was in labour. Now they have made their practice bigger, including OBGYNs and doctors. They also offer group appointments (as well as individual) and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I would rather just have one midwife, not a whole group of them, and them being more connected to OBGYNs and Doctors isn't a bonus in my mind.

Last time I felt like the different midwives treated me differently. One of them was worried that I was measuring too small, so she pressured me into another ultrasound that I didn't want. The ultrasound gave them no new information, and the whole process was really demoralizing. I feel that if I had had a different midwife that day, I wouldn't have had that negative experience. So we shall see what I end up doing this time. It would be real convenient to just go to the same people though! I have an appointment next week, so I'm going to ask a lot of questions and see how I feel.

#23 of 93 Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

@Fembot got it! That does seem like quite a change from last time around. No fun feeling pressured into things you dont feel comfortable with! There are always so many factors though, i hope next weeks appointment goes really well and you get lots of good info (whatever you ultimately decide!)

AFM I went to see a new chiropractor yesterday and really liked her. She worked on my neck a lot, which is still healing from a small surgery I had in Sept. I dont know if we can afford for me to go back to her (had no idea she is "out of network"!) But I hope so. I even feel like my nausea is slightly better today...
Fembot likes this.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#24 of 93 Old 01-12-2017, 10:04 AM

And the smell aversions have started full force here -- which haven't been helped by food poisoning earlier this week -- as well as cravings. This morning I HAD to have a salad at 9AM, but my husband is eating the cheese pizza I NEEDED for dinner last night right now and the smell is making me ill.

Bloodwork results came back -- everything looks excellent, I won't need to supplement with progesterone this time around, which truthfully is a huge relief because of how tired it made me feel last time. We have the dating U/S tomorrow and I need to still head in for my EKG at some point.

------

#25 of 93 Old 01-12-2017, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

@justlizzy great about the bloodwork and not supplementing!! But food poisoning, ick. I didn't realize theres a link between progesterone supplementation and extra tired-ness...here's hoping I wont be supplementing this time around either...

Hope the dating u/s is fun and informative!!

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#26 of 93 Old 01-16-2017, 04:44 AM

U/S -- it went well, and we got to see and hear the heartbeat, which in all honestly was a relief. The day before my maternal grandmother passed away very suddenly so it's what I needed. Our "official" due date is Sept. 3, so we'll see when the little miss/mister decides to make their grand entrance. I counted the dates out, and honestly I'm hoping for Sept. 1 or after -- that way I go back to work Thanksgiving week and have a short one.

------

#27 of 93 Old 01-16-2017, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

@justlizzy sorry to hear about your grandmother. But so glad the u/s went well! How comforting to see/hear the heartbeat...I'm definitely looking forward to our first prenatal in a few weeks for that very reason I see what you mean about the dates - would be really nice for you to have a "softer" re-entry to work!

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#28 of 93 Old 01-17-2017, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Nausea is hitting me pretty bad these days. Food aversion, too. I'm looking forward to moving on from the first trimester, for sure!

How is everyone else feeling?

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#29 of 93 Old 01-17-2017, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
FyerFly Yes! The nausea is hitting me pretty hard too! Walking into stores has been torture! I'm trying to tell myself that it's a good sign. I'm also counting the weeks until it's gone! Sea Bands have been my main relief, along with trying to listen to my cravings to work with my body, getting lots of rest and fresh air.
#30 of 93 Old 01-19-2017, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

@~Chava~ I know what you mean about walking into the store! The milk freezers are the worst for me. Though this morning even the smell of eggs/toast made me feel pretty icky...

Fresh air is such a good suggestion. Rest is hard to come by these days, with DS and his antics. Though I did fall asleep on the couch for the first time in a long time last night!! So I guess we'll get it when and where we can

Mama to DS
born June 2015

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page