Mothering Forum banner

Movement??

2K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Turner58800 
#1 ·
I know its really early for some of us (me included), but I'm pretty sure I may have already felt a few tiny fluttery thumps really low. Just here and there, mostly when I'm curled up in our recliner with my legs up and smooshing my uterus. I'm really looking forward to feeling more (and figuring out if what I've felt so far is actually the baby!) I felt DS flutter at about 11 weeks, so its not out of the realm of possibility, but its still very early, so it could be many other things (gas, etc.)

Anyone else feeling movement yet?

#2 ·
I'm at 15 weeks and have only felt a few small flutters here and there. But, when I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks they said my placenta was anterior so I may have to wait even longer to really feel something. Can't wait for when my belly is big and I feel all those glorious kicks!

#3 ·
Oh goodness @FyerFly -- I was just coming on to post about the same thing. I just felt what I can only describe as "boops" and bumps in the right area while I was sitting at my desk, but kept thinking "I'm not even 11 weeks, it has to be too early, right?"

I felt DS the first time between 14 and 15 weeks -- it was random and short bumps like these so I wonder...

Reactions: ~Chava~
#5 ·
I think I figured it out -- I get the bumps when my bladder is full. If it IS the baby someone is letting me know that mama needs to go and that he/she doesn't like being squished :lol

Reactions: FyerFly
#7 ·
Definitely just felt a shifty little squishy movement!! Found out yesterday I have an anterior placenta, which might be why I haven't been feeling much so far. But this was the first time I'm not second guessing - there was definitely some movement down there!! Still pretty low, but my midwife told me I'm measuring spot on for 15 weeks. I'm guessing babe will move up soon, and hopefully I'll get to feel a lot more :grin:

#9 ·
My LO has really picked up and started moving. DH was able to feel some kicks the other day! I'm now 18 weeks and I feel movement multiple times a day. They went from being little flips and pops to real pokes and kicks, so exciting!
My LO loves it when I eat anything sweet, or spicy, it perks them right up and I love it!

Trying to enjoy all these pleasant movements now before they turn into kicks to my ribs and punches on my bladder!

#10 ·
@justlizzy and @Fembot so exciting that your little ones are starting to wiggle and kick!! I'm still not feeling much movement yet. A few "thises and thats" here and there, but definitely still in the flips and pops, not "real kicks" category yet. I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow, so I'm hoping movement will become more perceptible soon!!

#11 ·
We decided to do the 20 week anatomy scan and I think something about all that poking and prodding really woke this baby up! I'm feeling much more movement now and even saw a kick a few days ago. Baby is in breech position at the moment so all the kicks are pointing down.
@flyerfly I remember my midwife saying that many of us in 2nd pregnancy don't feel baby until 20 weeks or a little after. That was the turning point for me. Not much before then but now things are much more obvious.

#13 ·
Oooh @lerlisha I hope 20ish weeks will be a turning point for me too :) I definitely felt something last night in yoga class when we did "puppy pose" (I've never done that one before!) Still very low, so I'm hoping in a few more weeks he/she will be UP a little higher and the placenta position won't matter as much. Glad you're feeling and even seeing movement!

And @justlizzy so cool that your DH felt a few pokes!! I am soooo excited for DS to start feeling movement, I think he's going to love it :love

#15 ·
And it begins! The tiny human kept me up LATE Friday night kicking and moving. I'd get comfortable and he'd start up again. I love the feeling, but dude, mama needs to sleep :lol

#18 ·
Awww @aliciahorsley so glad you've been feeling lots of movement!

Its so funny how with #1 I was obsessed with the days and couldn't wait for them to pass till the birth, and this time I have a much different view!! Like you, I'll miss being pregnant, and its possible that this is our last (though I hope not...) so I want to hold on to every single day! Feels like life is good right now, and I'm already sad about how fast this little one is going to grow once he/she is born. I even remember missing feeling DS kick me :) BUT! Newborn baby snuggles! Little dino noises!!!

#19 ·
Oh newborn snuggles! I am SO looking forward to those too.

I'll miss being pregnant too -- with DS I got weepy one day and DH asked what I was wrong and then was confused when I said I missed DS when I had him attached to the boob right then. I've warned a couple FTMs that it's the weirdest thing to feel empty and miss your baby when they're right there looking at you on the outside, but it happens!

#23 ·
Felt my first baby kick that knocked my hand up today :) I had kind of forgotten about those - have been feeling movement every day, but nothing that strong or obvious. I'm guessing that baby's feet are near my upper right and hands lower left (kind of diagonal across my body) which is so so similar to how DS was positioned in there for a long time. Fun!

#24 ·
^^ Aww!!

I think my placenta is in a different spot than last time! I am excited to find out tomorrow. I seem to be feeling stronger kicks down low in front than I did last time! I don't remember exactly where it was last time, but I think it was to one side on the front. I can feel them really well right now but DH can't as much....maybe they are more on my cervix/bladder than out front?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.