Mothering Forum banner

Birth/wishing/prayer beads

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  FyerFly 
#1 ·
Would anyone be interested in doing this? My last DDC did it and it was a special keepsake :)

#2 ·
Definitely! Last time around my DDC didn't do it (we talked about it but never got it off the ground) but we asked friends who live far away and couldn't be here for the shower or in the days/months before/after DS was born to send beads. It was SO so special, we still have all the beads hanging in a mobile above our bed. In fact, I kind of want to get them down, because DS is probably old enough now to play with them!

In any case, I'm definitely not planning something like that again with friends this time, and would love to do it with our DDC! And maybe since there are so few of us who are really active, we can each send a few more beads than "usual"? I don't know how it usually works? I bet we could think of something creative.

#4 ·
@aliciahorsley totally!

Last time we asked (I coordinated the mailings) that people include 1-3 beads and little notes to include with each along with some money (cash or paypalled) to cover shipping back. For US addresses it was about $3. We tried to have all the beads by the time the latest due was 30-weeks along :)

#6 ·
How does this sound?

Participants (I'll edit as people say they want to join in):
- justlizzy
- FyerFly
- aliciahorsley
- lerisha

I'll leave the list to participate open until Mother's Day (May 14th), and beads need to arrive to me by the end of May so there is plenty of time to turn all the beads around and we all have time to do our crafty things with the loose beads :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.