Can anyone help me do some mystery shopping? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 12-11-2003, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have a clue how to start this! Where do i look for jobs/assignments? Spam me! Should i look online or are there places to call to get started?:
If anyone has ever been a mystery shopper, pleeeeease talk to me!!!!
#2 of 16 Old 12-11-2003, 09:17 AM

Does the site that you go through for mystery shopping have a section on it where you choose where you want to shop? I know some people who are in Australia that do it do it that way. If they have a FAQ section it should say in there what to do about getting work.
#3 of 16 Old 12-11-2003, 10:29 AM

Moving this to the Wahm Well.

Do a search fo it there. There is a list of companies to sign on with. I do shopping for bestmark.
#4 of 16 Old 12-12-2003, 12:54 AM

Go to volition.com they list a lot of mystery shopping companies. i haven't actually done it yet myself so I'm not sure which companies are the best....

http://www.volition.com/mysteryUSA1.html

Good Luck!
#5 of 16 Old 12-12-2003, 02:10 AM

Volition.com's message board and A to Z company list are all you need to get started.

I'm a professional shopper in addition to my WAH store

Berkeley mom of 3 and President of Tender Cargo Baby Gear
and The Nurture Center Store and Resource Center 3399 Mt Diablo Bl Lafayette CA 888-998-BABY
#6 of 16 Old 12-12-2003, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

WOW! Thanks mammas!!!!
I am going to take a look at that site and then if i could pick your brains, that would be great. . . . . .:LOL
#7 of 16 Old 12-22-2003, 04:51 AM

Yeah CCrissyy is right:about Volition
I've been mystery shopping for about 2 years now and have enough assignments that I turn some down due to time. I started out by applying to as many of those A to B list as possible. Then in the forum section of voiltion I would pull up the job advertisements even if it was for the next state over and introdue myself to the creator. I would tell them I know this job offer is for Utah, but I live in Las Vegas, NV and was wondering if your company was looking for shoppers in...then I listed all the cities I was wiling ot do shops in. That's how I got some really good accounts/jobs. For me this was suppose to be just a small part-part-timer to take me and the kids out of the house and now it's turned into real money to help out with bills. (Hee, Hee although we (the kids and I) don't tell hubby that. We just eat more Mcdonalds. Ha, HA!) If you want I can e-mail you some sites that I've already have worked for and know they good. So far I haven't (knock on wood) ran into bogus mystery shop sites.
#8 of 16 Old 12-23-2003, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I dont know if this is the same thing but we got to be a mystery person at Red Robin. You go 3 times and you fill out a form and mail it with your receipt up to 35 dollars and they reimburse you. They even reimbursed us for the tip. Free dinner is always nice! LOL

Desiree

#9 of 16 Old 01-13-2004, 04:17 AM
XM

Um, how do you guys make money doing this? I got called for a shop and they were going to reimburse me $8 to go order a wrap and a smoothie... around here a wrap is $5-7 and a smoothie is $3-5 so I am not exactly sure what the incentive is for me to do this :

This was with BestMark, if that helps...

XM
#10 of 16 Old 01-24-2004, 08:18 PM

I used to do Focus on Service.

http://www.focusonservice.com

Every 3 months I'd do a dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse. They paid $30 of my meal costs and an additional $10 if I got my survey in within 3 days of the week's shop.

We just viewed it as a free dinner out!

Two page survey, easy to do. You got reimbursed within one week. We stopped because we moved.

Have fun!
#11 of 16 Old 01-24-2004, 10:31 PM

kathryn5kids- have you gone for your silver or gold certification? If you have-what kind of questions do they ask? I've signed up for several and haven't heard back from anyone yet. I was wondering if it would improve my chances and be worth the money to get certified.
I what to do this! It sounds like fun and goddess knows I need some money and free meals!
Thanks for all the info and links!
#12 of 16 Old 01-25-2004, 03:14 AM

No I chose no to do the certificates just because I use mystery shopping as just for small part time fun to get out of the house. I suppose if I wanted to really get into to it for a real part-time I would, because yes the certification helps with larger companies. For example some companies have you go to resorts to sleep and eval. And some does high scale restaurants. (But I've also done high scale restaurants before this certification deal came aboard. This new thing started about oh 6 months ago or so..) But you know I have several "accounts" with the mystery shopping companies that I go through and have so many jobs to accept, I don't even apply to more/new companies any more. I'm able to turn down jobs.
I guess all in all you should just sign up for any jobs to get recognized your a reliable and dependable shopper. Once they see your rep, they start asking you to do more jobs. Constantly check the job sites to apply not only when you see your state is open for a particular job, but just to write to the "boss" and ask to be added to their data base. This is how I got really good "accounts". Hope this helps! kathryn5kids
#13 of 16 Old 02-09-2004, 05:06 PM

How can you find out which companies are in your area, especially if you live in a pretty rural area????
#14 of 16 Old 02-11-2004, 06:00 AM

Just ask the company you are looking into. For example if you live in LAs Vegas, NV (HA, HA and lets say LAs Vegas is a town way out in the boon dogs! ha, ha!) You search for teh company that offers your state adn apply with them. You let them know where you are avaible to shop adn they tell you if they have openings.
#15 of 16 Old 02-11-2004, 06:02 AM

Just ask the company you are looking into. For example if you live in Las Vegas, NV (HA, HA and lets say Las Vegas is a town way out in the boon dogs! ha, ha!) You search for the company that offers your state and apply with them. You let them know where you are available to shop and they tell you if they have openings.

Volition.com is a great place to find jobs!
#16 of 16 Old 02-11-2004, 06:04 AM

PS another reason just to apply even if they don't currently have an opening is if they have enough people living in your "area" eventually they will want to look for potential accounts for them to open. Thus giving you mystery shopping opportunities.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page