Need to switch from Pappashop to something else - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-25-2009, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I really like Pappashop service but their system doesn't do some things I need it to do.

Check here in my site to see what I mean: http://www.pittsburghclothdiapers.co...-Size-Snap.htm

I have most things set up as a drop down menu. The main problem is that if a diaper gets quantity discounts (like bumGenius! organics), the customer has to buy 3 of the same color for the cart to recognize it and calculate the discount. Customers don't buy 3 of the same color ever! So I have to manually refund the difference via paypal, which is a pain and unprofessional.

The work-around is to not have it set up as a drop-down menu, and instead just have a quantity field and then a memo box for them to list their colors. This works to get the discount, but then my store cannot track the color inventory. So then the next customer can order something that does not exist. This has happened, too.

I have talked to Pappashop and there is nothing they can do. So I guess I need to switch, but I am terrified to set up everything again. My site design works on these hosts:

AlohaShop
Easy Boutique Builder
Eco Chic Hosting
Merchant Moms
Mia Shops
Pappashop
Shoppe Pro
Solutions Cart
WAHMShoppes Feature Cart
WatersWeb Shops

So who should I switch to who will be able to track colors, sizes and discounts the way I want, and have as painless a switch as possible?

Thanks for reading this far.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 03-25-2009, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Someone spam me!

#3 of 14 Old 03-25-2009, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use Watersweb and have been really happy with them. Not sure about the features you are looking for....you can do a demo (it's in the right side bar.....username and password are given).

http://www.waterswebshops.com/

Michelle?

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#4 of 14 Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 PM

Most of the carts that you have listed are the SAME cart setup as papashops.
Can you list each color as a seperate product? The discount should still work, because the discount is set up through Mals and Mals doesn't recognize actual products, only quanity of total products. And you could still manage inventory. I think that is how most people do it.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#5 of 14 Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

I don't understand how that will help. Right now I have bumGenius snap organic, say, as one item, with 9 color choices in a drop-down. So the inventory is tracked correctly and no one can order what is not in stock. But even when they check out and the cart goes to Mals, Mals doesn't recognize the quantity discount. Anyway, the discount is right in the storeadmin - is there a way to do it in mals?

If none of those work, what system would you recommend?

#6 of 14 Old 03-26-2009, 02:57 PM

Yes, you can setup discount options in Mals, I assumed thats how you were doing it already. But in Mals its a general discount based on quanity of items purchased not specific items. Also, if you seperate them out by color they still track inventory correctly.

If none of those work for you I can't reccomend a system because that system (and those like it from your list) are the ones I reccomend because they cover %99 of everything.

When using teh storeadmin discount setup will it work if the customer just orders that product multiple times with different colors selected? If not then I suggest looking into the Mals discount setup and see if that would work for you.

#7 of 14 Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I looked at Mals and it won't do it for a particular item, just for overall quantity or price.

Pappashop says 3 identical items need to be added to the cart at once.

This is my new workaround - I made items called "bumGenius! 3.0 Three-Pack" and priced them at the quantity discount, and customers have to type the colors they want. I put a note and a hyperlink to check the bumGenius! 3.0 single diaper drop-down for color availability, but I might email them to select a different color. Then I will have to adjust the inventory manually if someone orders a 3, 6, or 12 pack, but at least their prices will be right and they will be warned that there might not be a certain color in stock.

#8 of 14 Old 03-28-2009, 07:59 PM

Instead of having the customer manually enter the color, can you create drop downs? Going from memory so I could be way off here, you might be able to enter inventory quanities for the colors in the drop down?

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#9 of 14 Old 03-28-2009, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Only the first option is tracked in inventory, so after the first drop down, the rest wouldn't track inventory.

#10 of 14 Old 03-28-2009, 11:59 PM

Can you have the first option be "choose 3 colors" and the options be check boxes with the color options?

NVM, that wont track inventory

#11 of 14 Old 03-29-2009, 01:10 AM

YOu can check out my site to see what I did.

I do not have a way of keeping track of bumGenius inventory... so, I just have to make sure I have A LOT in stock for all colors. And when I"m low or gone of certain color, I just have to mention it on the description section at the very bottom near the ORDER button.

http://www.naturallytrendy.com/categ...th-diapers.htm

I have pappashop.
#12 of 14 Old 03-29-2009, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for letting me look. I just have a big memo field for them to type, with a link to the single bG! page to see the stock levels there, and a note that I will contact them if they choose something out of stock.

BTW, your site is so well done. I like the way you put thumbs of the colors right in the page.

#13 of 14 Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 PM

PappaShop used to give great service. Unfortunately, now the customer service has really fallen off. They rarely seem to answer the phone and they are slow to answer email questions. Rather than help me solve a problem they offered the procedure to cancel my service. Start with a different web host so you will not have to move your whole site later. 

#14 of 14 Old 12-31-2011, 09:22 PM

In response to Piercing Frenzy who is still hosted with PappaShop.....

" Customer Question: While trying to install Google Analytics I went into the Template section and clicked customize like the Knowledgebase article advises. Now the left side of my page is light blue and purple but we had it set to black and white.

Would you please change the color or tell me how to do it?

The bottom check box will not stay checked. I am not using the original template. *** modified it so the whole page looks black. Would you please look at my page and see how it is blue on the left. That blue part was black so that it matched the rest of the page.

Support Answer: You can select the template from the dropdown list, check both little boxes under the dropdown list and then click Apply. This will reset the original template. You will have to edit the template again. CLick on the template from the dropdown list and click the Customize button and reapply your changes.

Response: Maybe it does not matter to you but this is very serious to me. My site is very small and no one is going to buy anything from a site that looks rediculous. Please advise me how to change the left side color to black or advise me how to shut down this site! I have no idea how to do it myself.

We gave instructions on how to edit the template again as well as how to cancel since both were questions you asked....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page