Ok...how do WE make $$ with our Blogs? MDC momma blogs rock! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 106 Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmama22 View Post
Found you holly!

Maybe if you put your actual blog title- www......com or whatever in your siggy more people would realize it was a blog and click on it?
Changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmama22 View Post
I also had two giveaways which I think got me, maybe 10 or so subscribers.
I did two as well. Didn't do me a lot of good. And the second one, the person providing the prize didn't send it and now I can't get in touch with her. : She got months of free advertising on my blog. The least she could do is respond when I try to ask her what's going on.
#92 of 106 Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 PM

Ok, rookie question of the day -- what IS an RSS feed? And how is it different than just "following"?

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#93 of 106 Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyvangogh View Post
Changed it.

I did two as well. Didn't do me a lot of good. And the second one, the person providing the prize didn't send it and now I can't get in touch with her. : She got months of free advertising on my blog. The least she could do is respond when I try to ask her what's going on.

Seriously??! that is horrible, I'm sorry about that!!
#94 of 106 Old 05-19-2009, 11:49 PM

An RSS feed is basically a way to bookmark a site that you like.

I personally only subscribe to RSS feeds of a few blogs that I really like, the rest I follow. I like the follow feature better.. I will explain more later after I shower

ProBlogger does a good job of explaining it if you google pro blogger and RSS feed you can find it or its only my blog too under " blog tips" or I will find it later!
#95 of 106 Old 05-20-2009, 12:33 PM

Ok, in searching around the internet today learning about writing a blog, i stumbled upon what I think is a cool resource. Maybe people already know about it, but it's called the 30 day challenge. It has things to do each day for 30 days, plus a whole "pre 30 day" section where you learn about blogging, internet, etc.

Here's the link: http://blogbuildingu.com/thirty-day-challenge-2008
#96 of 106 Old 05-21-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi315 View Post
Ok, in searching around the internet today learning about writing a blog, i stumbled upon what I think is a cool resource. Maybe people already know about it, but it's called the 30 day challenge. It has things to do each day for 30 days, plus a whole "pre 30 day" section where you learn about blogging, internet, etc.

Here's the link: http://blogbuildingu.com/thirty-day-challenge-2008
Problogger.com does something similar - They have some awesome suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonapple View Post
I'm pretty new to the blog thing as well, and I've been excited to see that I'm getting a few more followers every day, but I'm still SO far away from the traffic I'd like to see on my blog. I update frequently,and I've started joining sites that compile blogs all together. I'm interested in hosting a give away as a way to increase traffic and get some more followers. How do you go about hosting one? how about advertising it?
I'm hosting my first giveaway right now. I've had several companies donated products for me to review/giveaway just by emailing them and offering to review thier product on my blog. As far as advertising, I'm just telling people about it on message boards and putting the link in my siggy. I haven't had a ton of entries, so I'm sure that there is a better way to advertise.

Molly - Mom to M - Feb '08 and wife to J. expecting baby #2 in late February
#97 of 106 Old 05-21-2009, 01:54 PM

I paid to do the ad siggy so my stuff is now linked.

I am looking for contributors to Parent Juice. This is a good way to cross promote blogs and you get a paid writing credit with byline.

Does anyone know what skills I need to learn in order to build my own blog banners? I have an artist doing a logo for Parent Juice but I don't know how to install or what I need to know in order to even try.

Thanks
V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
#98 of 106 Old 05-29-2009, 05:05 PM

Hi everyone!

With the refined Mothers Writing Group: Writing for the Web forum guidelines in place, this thread is going to live in the WAHM Well, where you can talk a bit more about blogging for profit.

Quote:
Discussing how to best monetize your blog or website takes a thread into a 'business promotion' discussion, as do threads regarding websites where you get paid to write and/or per page view. This is ok (without links), but these threads must be placed in the WAHM Well, where there are specific guidelines in place to host money-making discussions.
Don't worry. QueenoftheMeadow will take great care of you!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#99 of 106 Old 05-30-2009, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi! Welcome to WAHMs forum. I want to remind everyone of the advertising rules to avoid any confusion in the future.

Quote:
Advertising in discussion threads is strictly prohibited. Do not post to advertise your product, business, website or blog or in any other manner from which you would financially benefit. Advertising in signatures is only permitted with a Signature Advertising Package. Blogs linked in signatures may not contain advertising/promotion without a Signature Advertising Package. Information about acceptable board advertising may be obtained by contacting advertising@mothering.com MDC sales and fundraising information may be posted by administrators, moderators and designated members. Members may not use their business or product names as a username. Please See the MDC User Agreement.
Blogs including goodle adds, adds for your etsy store or business, articles that are pay for click, giveaways or product reviews, or links which in anyway generate income for blog owner are considered comercial and can only be hosted with an advertising signature package. Thanks for your cooperation.

#100 of 106 Old 05-30-2009, 05:13 PM

thanks for the clarification!!!!

feels kind of exciting to me to be over here in the wahm well. maybe i will figure out a way to actually make some money from blogging after all!!!

QueenOfTheMeadow ~ i have a question. within the perimeters of the ua, is there any way for us blogging mamas to connect with crafting/etsy-selling mamas who might be interested in buying sponsor ads or doing giveaways on our blogs?
#101 of 106 Old 05-31-2009, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Great question! I have no clue. I'll check with georgia.

#102 of 106 Old 05-31-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post
Great question! I have no clue. I'll check with georgia.
thank you!!

what would be really cool is if we could have one match-up thread where blog publishing signature advertisers could post a little blurb about who they are, what they do and who their ideal sponsors are (and vice versa).

something like (***these are made up examples!!!***)...

i have 200+ visitors daily visitors to my blog, which focuses on creating art with children. i am looking for wahm companies who create art kits or sell art supplies for kids/families, for product reviews, monthly give-aways and/or on-going sponsorship.

or

i am a wahm who sells nature-inpsired jewlery and handmade children's items. my ideal blog to advertise on would be waldorf-inspired and/or focus on exploring nature with your family.

if someone saw something that interested them, they would contact the poster directly via PM or e-mail, and make arrangements, none of which would be endorsed or guaranteed by mdc in any way.
#103 of 106 Old 05-31-2009, 07:39 PM

We are about to launch a very exciting (to me at least ) feature that will be free for Business Signature Advertisers and a pay feature for all others that will enable WAHMs to post to promote themselves in their own dedicated thread. So, please keep your eyes out for it very, very soon! Details to come!!!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#104 of 106 Old 05-31-2009, 07:57 PM

woo hoo! i cant afford a advertiser sub sadly but i'd love to get sponsers for my blog so i can make a buck or 2

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#105 of 106 Old 06-05-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyHawk View Post
Ok, so we all have read about the blog that makes $40K a month...and we're all in agreement...it blows next to OUR blogs!

So....how do WE start making dinero with our blogs?

How can we help eachother out?
http://www.seomoz.org/article/social...keting-tactics

Twitter.

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...2604-1,00.html
#106 of 106 Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 PM

I'm one of those people who don't make money directly from my blog...oh wait...I do on a couple blogs with text link ads, but my main blog (the "mommyblog") I've used to get other writing jobs. It's nice to be able to refer someone to my site and say, "That's my writing style."

Without my blog I don't think I would be near as successful as I am right now, even though the blog itself barely pays for the hosting LOL

But with a service (or product, I'm sure, but I don't have a product so can't say from experience) based business you can darn near use anything to get clients - Facebook, Twitter...whatever you're on, there are others there to connect with. It's like a big networking party

Mama to two preschool girls and one beautiful infant girl born 9/30!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page