Party plan WAHMS? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-17-2004, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know... Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, Avon.

Any of you out there? Got any tips for a newbie?
#2 of 6 Old 02-17-2004, 12:30 PM

I do a side party business, but I am fairly new to it, so I don't have a lot of great tips.

We can discuss ideas for what to do at parties here in this forum and other general ideas, but we can't actually post the names of the companies we are selling with...just a heads up

I have done parties with very few games. I just haven't decided if games are a good or bad thing?

What kind of ideas are you looking for?
Things to do to get parties?
Things to to do at a party?
Ways to grow your business?
other?
#3 of 6 Old 02-17-2004, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa
We can discuss ideas for what to do at parties here in this forum and other general ideas, but we can't actually post the names of the companies we are selling with...just a heads up
I had a feeling.

I guess I was just looking for general feedback, to hook up with other WAHMs, etc. I didn't start out thinking I'd do home parties, but now I'd like to. Problem is, I'm really shy.

I'm also thinking that I'm not going to make much money with this, because I am already spending what I earn! :LOL
#4 of 6 Old 02-17-2004, 02:43 PM

I am going to start selling candles at parties.

My cousins wife does it so I am going to get started for some extra money. She did say it is hard to not spend all of your profits.

But my advice just from working and managing in retail sales for a long time is to sell something that you love or that you know a lot about it makes your sales pitch more believable and not just something that you have to do to sell the product.

good luck!

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#5 of 6 Old 02-22-2004, 01:33 AM

I thought about selling toys for a company like that but then decided not to. It would be a fun thing but you cant take your child to the parties with you and I can't always depend on having someone here to watch Cortland. (My DH is military and so goes on trips a lot).
#6 of 6 Old 02-23-2004, 07:09 PM

I do catalog sales with a company that is just starting to branch out into home parties, but did not do them in the past. I just drop catalogs off at all of my neighbors houses, leave them where ever I go, etc. I haven't really done enough promotion type stuff, but I manage to make about $100 every campaign (every 2 weeks). I know if I would get working I would probably make more I chose to go with this company because it was only a $10 start up cost and there seemed to be a good supprt system in place. I plan to keep doing this, but I am looking into the different AP companies because I am approached so often about buying slings and cloth diapers and stuff like that....my mom says I would be a natural at selling crunchy stuff

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page