how to display leg warmers at a craft show? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-26-2009, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just that if i roll them they look like socks. i put them on a doll and no one noticed them. they just thought i had a doll setting there. what do you all think?

tia! kelli
#2 of 6 Old 11-26-2009, 07:52 PM

I'd have a pair on a doll to show them in use, but also would lay them out in pairs attractively. By this I mean lay them flat in rows so people can see the patterns and colors. COnversely, you could have one of those stand-up display boards and pin or attach them some other way. I think the key is to have them unrolled and in pairs.

I'm Megan , married to Steve, mama to Rowan (11/07) and thrilled to be 03/10!
#3 of 6 Old 11-27-2009, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
flat legs? Using cardboard or heavy card stock trace or draw some legs or even photo copy real legs....cut them out and display. yuou could make a fan of legs sticking feet up then you can roll up the rest so they can see the pattern. or lay them flat in pairs along the table, kinda like the tie displays at department stores. the important thing is that there is at least on good example of how they work (as obvious as it may seem.)

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#4 of 6 Old 11-27-2009, 01:22 AM

What about a little clothes line, with the legwarmers pinned with wooden clothes pins?

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#5 of 6 Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 AM

I like the clothes line idea. Could you get a really big, not-creepy-looking doll to show them being worn?

I don't come here anymore. MDC has become overgrown with ads & useless extra forums.
#6 of 6 Old 11-27-2009, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

wow, great ideas! thanks! it's amazing how simple those suggestions were and i could not think at all. i'm better with ideas when they don't pertain to me

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page