What was it? How did people find you?
How did you market your products?

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#2 of 3 Old 12-02-2009, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first sale was the day after I posted it. It was a mud mask. I think she found me through the etsy site (where I have everything). Since then (a month ago) my etsy shop has gone to 42 sales. I do a lot of free marketing techniques. I am on link exchange sites, I have an active and growing blog, facebook fan page, twitter with lots of followers, part of a etsy team, etc. The biggest thing that has worked for me is social networking. I am active online and make a lot of friends who then spread the word. My blog has brought me several customers as well (and it is a kinda racy blog since I talk about things like breastfeeding, vaccines, etc along with my etsy store). I love the repeat customers I have gotten and they are just wonderful. I started my business a month ago and I have had several repeat customers so it feels good.

Overall, I think I have done pretty good for just getting started. I just need more products, even better pictures on some items, and more advertising. I want to try paid advertising in the future.

Amber (31) - Married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years, mom of 4 amazing kids (ages 12, 8, 3, and 16 months), homeschooler, and expecting our 5th child around May 18th!
#3 of 3 Old 12-06-2009, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
the first thing I sold was a quilt. I don't really do much to promote my site (although my business link siggy here has helped some). Since I sell on Etsy people are searching. So I am very careful to list my poduct well, with tags and kew words etc so they come up in searches.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page