Webhost/shopping cart - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 04-05-2006, 01:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am coming here because i want OUT of wahmshoppes. they have NO customer service at all...i have been waiting weeks to get an email problem worked out and tony is very hard to get to answer emails. like impossible.

i am willing to pay more for my host if they offer TIMELY customer service, so i am going to look into the ones mentoned here. thanks for a great thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 57 Old 05-17-2006, 05:19 AM

Ok, so I've checked out all the sites people have recommended for a shopping cart.. but I'm still confused! I'm pretty web-savvy but when checking out some of the sites, it's very foreign to me.

We are just starting out in a baby carrier business and so at the moment, funds are not quite readily available. So we can't plop down $20 a month or $200 for set up fees. $5 a month could be viable considering if we bring in some revenue but otherwise, it's all out of pocket expenses.

Can someone shed some light on a EASY option? I have a domain.. am currently hosting my site on comcast and am in need of a shopping cart option.

Thanks to all for your help!
#33 of 57 Old 05-24-2006, 04:51 PM

I have used Wahmshoppes.com and found the customer service to stink too! I was willing to pay more for good service and a fast website. I currently use MerchantMoms.com and love it! The customer service is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and the websites load quickly. Very pleased! www.merchantmoms.com
#34 of 57 Old 06-14-2006, 04:28 AM

#35 of 57 Old 06-21-2006, 01:44 PM

I built my site (template) and have it hosted with the shopping cart and all through Artsefest. The cart is powered by paypal. Brian is GREAT with helping and usually very quick with answers. The drawback? Everything has to be hand made. This is working for us, but we are looking to expand to sell a few non-handmade items from companies we support, so we need to find a new site.
Artsefest is inexpensive, too!

If you click HERE it will take you to my site. Scroll down and you will see a big logo for Artsefest. If you go through that link, I get a kickback for introducing you!

My second site- Earthetarian, is hosted by http://wahmshoppes.com/. It is confusing to get it running and the owner is hard to get a hold of, but if you are persistant the options seem endless! It's $7 a month for hosting and you can buid a free store, with shopping cart and all the bells ans whistles. I emailed telling him to cancel my account because I couldn't figure out how to set it up. That's when he helped me and it's been great since. I think the guy is just really busy!

Mom to three and owner of Earthetarian Happy, healthy and handmade.
#36 of 57 Old 07-10-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariMichelle
I really like my hosting and shopping cart at Doodle Babies. Stacey is great and she always answers my emails quickly, which I really appreciate!

-Kari
i just switched to doodlecart and i absolutely love it! i just bought the license and installed/designed it mysellf -but it was SO EASY. I can't say enough good things about it!
#37 of 57 Old 09-15-2006, 03:47 PM

I am currently with Wahmshoppees..stay for convience. but I need to get a new site up & running cause the customer service sucks.
I do know how to design a site. Use FP a little bit. The thing is the shopping cart. I would love to use zen cart. But it looks complicated. Any suggestions on how to go about learning to install & how to get started. I felt overwhelmed the last time I tried to use it. Thanks.Feel free to email me off line @ [email protected]
#38 of 57 Old 10-04-2006, 07:15 PM

i have a few personal website for years and my current host is resellerzoom.com. i pay about $5 a month and with them for a year now. their other company is hostingzoom.com if you do not need the reseller option of hosting multiple websites.

i have the budget plan of 2000mb of space and 30gb of bandwidth, which is plenty for my 4-5 domains on it. i think with hosting zoom you get a lot of space and bandwidth though.

as with shopping carts, i've played around with one or two and i like zen cart. for merchant accounts, i've noticed if you're a costco member, they have pretty good rates. not sure if it's on the internet too.

shellie - momma to two adorable girls and my cutie boy
#39 of 57 Old 10-16-2006, 03:44 AM

I totally love MomWebs for hosting. I can host my multiple domains for one low price. Plus the customer service there is so great and fast, even on weekends and at night. Plus, I haven't experienced any downtime and I've been with them for over year.

For shopping cart - I only sell a few info-products, so right now I just use PayPal for accepting payments, but I'm thinking of eventually switching over to WAHMCart.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#40 of 57 Old 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM

I'm looking into switching from OSCommerce to Zencart. I have a question for those of you who have done this. I'm wondering how I would go about taking down the OSCommerce site and is there any way to transfer over the information possibly? I'm not too worried about transferring over the information if I can autopopulate it using a database here though. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.

LeBoof
#41 of 57 Old 10-19-2006, 06:38 PM

So I wanted to add that I tried WAHMshoppes and failed miserably to do anything on it. I couldn't find the help I needed and, never to this day, received a reply from Tony or anyone else on what needed to be done. This is after I had read their tutorial but really, I needed something easy and quick and this didn't seem to do the trick. So I went on to try and cancel my account. I have not logged in since that first time I signed up but I continue to receive an invoice every month. I've emailed Tony asking why I'm still being billed when I cancelled my account, but each time I receive no response until a month later, I get a bill.. :
#42 of 57 Old 10-23-2006, 03:59 PM

I use www.pappashop.com. They transfered my site for me from my old house with a couple of hours of signing up and I've had great customer service. They also have free templates if you don't want to install your own. The setup for your site is all point and click (no html needed) and it includes a built in shopping cart.
#43 of 57 Old 10-25-2006, 07:14 AM

Just signed up for hosting through GoDaddy and so far, I'm loving it.. Pretty seamless transfering process.
#44 of 57 Old 11-02-2006, 11:14 PM

I've been using www.purehost.com for four years now & love it. The customer service is unbeatable. When I send an email to them, I get a response within 2 hours!

I use regular paypal for my shopping cart......though I've been thinking of upgrading to their higher one - i believe it's called propay?

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#45 of 57 Old 11-20-2006, 03:47 AM

ETA 8.27.08: Still using Blue Host...they had some problems, but they resolved them and I'm happy again. I offer my own eCommerce set up that is much better then ZenCart and osCommerce - http://www.amywilliamsdesign.com

ETA 10.25.07: I'm using bluehost.com now (pm me for my affiliate link) Best prices and services I've found and I recommend them to all my clients.

ETA: I'm still hosted with deezsites, but they are not taking new customers.

I use deezsites.com. I've "known" the owner (online) for years and he's awsome about support and has good prices and lots of software already installed.

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#46 of 57 Old 01-28-2007, 03:31 PM

I thought I would resurrect this thread, as I have now signed up for InMotion Hosting and was trying to find some info on them. I read great things about them such as customer service and the price is right, but now I have to choose one of their three shopping cart options: ZenCart, oscommnerce, and cubecart. I think they are all three good carts; I just don't know which to pick.
#47 of 57 Old 02-01-2007, 02:33 AM

Is there a lace where I can design my own website professionally? I have this now for free but there are few options and my creativity is stunted

Is there a program I can purchase that will work with most webhosts? I don't have any html experience and I have about 3 weeks to update my site.

Right now I'm with Microsoft office, and it free domain and hosting. No cust service at all, ugly design and no cart!

I have 2 business websites, can I host them together?? Ones information, one needs a cart.

Any advice?

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#48 of 57 Old 02-03-2007, 03:53 AM

bumping

i'm looking for a host doesnt matter about a shopping cart..

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#49 of 57 Old 02-03-2007, 04:16 AM

I don't know a lot about tech stuff, but my husband shopped around (he is great for Internet shopping) and found that InMotionHosting.com was rated #1 for customer satisfaction. That says something, so we went with that.
#50 of 57 Old 03-18-2007, 02:39 PM

You need to be careful with webistes that rate hosting services, there's no way to know of they're legit or just guys who either charge money to be listed or join a bunch of affiliate programs.

I've been very very very happy with HostGator hosting services. the price is reasonable and the customer service has blown me out of the water with their helpfulness on more than one occasion. I've called up just to have them hold my hand during a tricky installation and they've done it cheerfully and knowledgably

My shopping carts on the other hand are AFCommerce Free carts and they are not good. If I hadn't spend so much sweat and tears customising them to be passable I'd have switched by now. It's just hard to throw in the towell.

For Payment I use PayPal on both and Google Checkout on one. I've got the secure certificate on the one because it's necessary for Google Checkout, and am considering taking credit cards "straight" through Authorize.net, but that would involve buying a module to go with the shopping cart that I am always right on the ragged edge of switching out of, so that's on the back burner for a while.

treehugger.gif
#51 of 57 Old 03-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Anyone know anything about Affordable Internet Services Online (AISO) at http://www.aiso.net/

They are solar powered and I'd love to use them.

Also, kinda clueless, but if I want to use a specific shopping cart, do I have to make sure it is compatible with mywebhost or is that not an issue?

Diana, homebirthing, homeschooling, homemaking wife and mother of two (plus one more coming this Spring)!
Wrap Your Baby Comfy, versatile baby carriers and lots of wrap instruction.
Preparing to move our family of five into a motorhome and live on the road fulltime at Free Range Dreams.
#52 of 57 Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 AM

I use bluehost and love them.
Excellent tech support, built in e-commerce solutions (zencart and others), you can host multiple subdomains through one account, and so on.
They have been excellent to work with and aren't that spendy in the scheme of things.
#53 of 57 Old 07-01-2008, 08:50 PM
mlh

I am looking into using Yahoo for hosting, domain purchase and web design.
Does anyone have any experience with them?
Thanks!

: Hip Mountain Mama Natural and unique products from a small family business:Blog
Mama to Magnolia and Sienna Raynebow
#54 of 57 Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM

#55 of 57 Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 AM

I use pappashop.com as well. Their customer service has been superb. Always answered all my questions right away. And resolved issues right away. There was at one point where we had to go back and forth with emails... and finally the owner recieved the emails and resolved the issue. For such a low monthly rate, so far, I've been very happy with their service.

They use Mals-e cart. I can place the HackerSafe logo on my secure pages with their premium cart. So, I like that... safe and secure processing.

The only thing I do not like about Mals-e cart is the layout of my product page. I can only have one picture on top, description in the middle and ORDER button at the bottom. So, it doesn't look as professional. I wish thumnail pic on left with click button for enlarged pic, and ORDER button right next to the pic on right and descripion on the bottom.
#56 of 57 Old 07-30-2008, 11:47 AM

I am so glad I found this thread. I am searching for a new host and need to add a shopping cart since my current website is completely unuseable! :
this is great info, keep it coming!
#57 of 57 Old 10-15-2008, 12:35 AM

Just wanted to put in a plug for Hands On Web Hosting. They've been really quick and responsive, the site runs much faster with them than it did with GoDaddy, etc. They certainly aren't the cheapest but their prices are reasonable.

We had Lite Commerce but just switched to ZenCart. I found the look of Lite Commerce was really sad and homemade looking. I ended up getting a professional skin/template for ZC so the site looks better (not perfect like if I'd paid a lot for it, but definitely better). Beyond the look, I'm not sure about ZenCart yet, but so far so good. It definitely has more functionality than LC did--the biggest thing I wanted was a way to poll people at checkout about how they found us so I can evaluate my advertising.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page