Doing a sideline business - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-29-2009, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am trying to decide whether or not to really dive in with this little business venture, I would only have to put $50 in to it to start with, it is selling a, I can't really call it a supplement because it is actually fruits and vegetables in a capsule basically. I have been taking it for months now and so has my son and I have the opportunity to sell it but I am just not sure whether or not it is worth my time or money!

What are your opinions?

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#2 of 5 Old 12-30-2009, 02:14 PM

Do you have more details? Im trying Avon but will probably stop, don't make any money.
#3 of 5 Old 12-30-2009, 02:16 PM

I have a sideline business, and it's taken alot of money for advertising, more $$ for increasing inventory and products, and a quite a bit more time than I expected. And I've had, like, 4 customers total. So....right now it is not quite worth it, but hopefully the new year will turn some profit!
#4 of 5 Old 12-30-2009, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Well I don't have to carry any inventory and unline Avon I do not have to sign people up, they can either buy it from me or once I hook them to the company they themselves order through the company when needed and pay the company, I don't have to do anything after that. I can carry the item if I would like and sell it if someone wants to try it but I don't have to. So basically I don't really have to put anything in to it, that is why it sounds so appealing. Though I am not sure what the interest would be in it and whether it is worth a bunch of effort KWIM?

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#5 of 5 Old 12-30-2009, 02:59 PM

hmm, well, it doesn't sound like you have too much to lose. I'd probably just do it. There is that small chance that the venture will just take off, and you can either be part of it, or wishing you had been part of it, you know? And if it fails, or you find you hate doing it, the initial investment probably won't break the bank.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page