Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 601 Old 11-03-2010, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
hmmm... I got the pass notice on Friday, then the info to log in (and bank info) just yesterday. So I guess I'll try to be patient.
Once you've logged in and given them everything they ask for, you ought to be able to just go ahead and start working, as long as you have tasks available.
#272 of 601 Old 11-03-2010, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My congrats email said that a welcome email would be coming, telling me how to report time, what's expected of new raters, etc. I haven't gotten that yet. I only got an email telling me how to upload my W-9. Maybe I missed something. eta: I just checked, and I can get into the hub and I have an acquire new task button... but I'm afraid to start that without knowing how to record my time.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#273 of 601 Old 11-03-2010, 12:59 PM

Pretty much all the info you need is on the rater portal - there are sections about entering time, etc. But maybe they haven't even sent you the link to the portal yet? It's funny that different people seem to have such different experiences. I got all the email info the same day I got notification that I passed the test.
#274 of 601 Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 PM

HA- I spoke too soon. I just got the email 5 minutes ago. Yay! Now I can start working!

#275 of 601 Old 11-05-2010, 02:04 AM

I just applied for this last week, but haven't heard anything back yet. I really hope I get it, or at least the opportunity to take the test. I am now starting to get paranoid that they don't want me because I didn't finish my college degree nor am I currently working on it. Is this the case with anyone else who got hired, or all you all college graduates? Do you think it makes a difference?
#276 of 601 Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 AM

Fitrah, I doubt that's it. Technically I'm not even a high school graduate additionally I've been out of the workforce for 14 years and I still was hired. Lots of people waited weeks or even months before they heard anything.
#277 of 601 Old 11-20-2010, 12:03 PM

Couple questions for you seasoned pros out there  :)

- How often do you get feedback on your work?  I've been working for a couple weeks now, and I haven't heard anything or gotten any reviews back yet.  Should I be worried, or is this a good sign?

- I like the work.... but it's kind of tedious.  My mind starts wandering after about 20 minutes, and my eyes start glossing over soon after.  It's a challenge for me to work more than an hour straight.  Any tips for keeping your mind in the game, working longer shifts?  Ideally, I'd like to work about an hour every morning, and 2 hours every evening after DP gets home.  But it's really hard for me to stay focused that long.

eta:  btw- thanks again to everyone for all the great information in this thread.  This job came just in time for us- we really needed the extra income, and my first check will be just in time for us to pay our car insurance.  Yay for working at home!!

#278 of 601 Old 11-21-2010, 03:26 AM

Hi changingseasons, congrats on starting with Lionbridge! I'm almost through my third month as a rater. In general it seems that 'no news is good news". You should receive an email when your hours for the month are approved, comments on your productivity will be included then.

I find working just until my eyes start glazing over, then taking a break and continuing later to work best for for me.

#279 of 601 Old 11-21-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

Couple questions for you seasoned pros out there  :)

- How often do you get feedback on your work?  I've been working for a couple weeks now, and I haven't heard anything or gotten any reviews back yet.  Should I be worried, or is this a good sign?

- I like the work.... but it's kind of tedious.  My mind starts wandering after about 20 minutes, and my eyes start glossing over soon after.  It's a challenge for me to work more than an hour straight.  Any tips for keeping your mind in the game, working longer shifts?  Ideally, I'd like to work about an hour every morning, and 2 hours every evening after DP gets home.  But it's really hard for me to stay focused that long.

You get different types of quality feedback on the portal (you should see links for them, but yours probably don't show anything yet.)  They change each of those once a month.  Other than that, you don't normally hear anything. 

I don't normally work more than an hour straight, either.  Often just 20 minutes at a time.  If I'm starting to get bored or unfocused, I find it helps to mix up the task types, if I have a choice of types.  (I only got one type for my whole first month, so you may not have a choice yet.)  Also, there's one task type that doesn't require too much focus, and I may just do a bunch of those if my brain is feeling fuzzy and that type is available.  (Otherwise, I tend to pick different types that are a little more interesting.)

#280 of 601 Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 AM

Thanks guys.  I was thinking that the timesheet instructions said that hours were approved as the days were locked each week, but I can't get back into the instructions to check.  If it's only once a month, then I can stop worrying.  :)

#281 of 601 Old 11-21-2010, 05:43 PM

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the time sheet entry?  I haven't been able to get on for the last 24 hours.

#282 of 601 Old 11-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ'sMommy View Post

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the time sheet entry?  I haven't been able to get on for the last 24 hours.

Yep.  I couldn't get on last night or this morning.  This afternoon I finally got the page to load after clicking on different things and refreshing multiple times. 

#283 of 601 Old 11-21-2010, 08:57 PM

Yep- me too.  I can get in about 1 every 10 times that I try, but the screen doesn't fully load.  It lets me put time in though... we'll see if it's still there tomorrow.

#284 of 601 Old 11-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this thread top to bottom as I recently applied with Lionbridge. Wondering if you all could help me out.. Can you tell me how long it was before you heard back? I applied at the end of October and have yet to hear a peep. I guess I got my hopes up and maybe I shouldn't have. I wonder if they had a large influx of applicants after all their rave reviews here lol. Wonder if they ar even hiring anymore? I got a "do not reply" email right after applying that said they had received my app and resume but that is it. Did I miss something in that original email? I'd love to hear either way. Maybe I should follow up them?

Any help you can give me would be soo appreciated. This seems like the perfect opportunity for me and I think I'd be good at it! :(

J

#285 of 601 Old 11-28-2010, 06:27 PM

corysmom- it took almost 2 months before I heard back.

#286 of 601 Old 11-29-2010, 12:42 PM

Hi All,

I began working for LB in October. I recently left a full-time corporate job to stay at home with my 3 year old son and 5 month old infant. My new job with LB was really a trial to see if I could make it work - - juggling the kids, household chores, etc. and fitting in time to make some extra cash. I found it much harder than I expected to reach the min. # of required hours per week, but I made it in Oct.

In early Nov, I received notice that my work on a certain type of task was not up to standards, and they were giving me a few days' break with no tasks in order to study. This really threw me for a loop...I became very nervous whenever these tasks popped up and was really hesitant to do them. As days went by this month, it seems like the only task type I was getting were the ones I dreaded most. Since I work mostly at the end of the day when the kids are in bed, I tend to be a little weary and can have trouble focusing on the tasks. Rather than risking my quality again, I've not been working the min. number of hours per week.

Long story short...what penalty will be applied when I submit less than 10 hrs/week for November? I am way, way under that for the entire month.

Just wondering if anyone out there knows what will happen? I assume I will get paid later than 10 Dec., but also worried I might get penalized or terminated for only having a handful of hours.... Help. Thanks guys.

#287 of 601 Old 11-30-2010, 07:26 PM

Ack! That makes me nervous. Did you have any sort of warning that you weren't doing good in that area? Like did you get a ton of unresolved tasks back or anything? I wish they gave a little more frequent feedback when you first start, because I'm totally afraid of that happening- me doing something for a month, thinking I'm doing it right, and then getting a notice that I'm not.

I'm curious about the hours too. I got hardly any hours in last week, but I'm guessing a lot of people were short over the holidays. Hope it's not a big problem.

#288 of 601 Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 AM

changingseasons, I didn't get any notice whatsoever until the first month had ended.  It was all like a ton of bricks...my "suspension" in order to study more ("Type 5" - look on the timesheet and it's the fifth type down), do the quizzes, webinars, etc.  Then the email stating my productivity was low (90%) and my timesheet was approved with a warning.  I still have no "star" ratings on the portal.  Sigh...I may not be cut out for this job after all...just waiting to see what the "fallout" will be from Nov.  I knew going in that I'd have to stay on top of things, study, etc., but I didn't realize it would be quite this challenging for me.  Good luck!

#289 of 601 Old 12-01-2010, 11:51 AM

How frustrating. greensad.gif Did they offer you any tips on how to do it better? Or what exactly you were doing wrong? Or was it that you were just taking too long for each task? I'm really nervous to get my 1st month's review.....

#290 of 601 Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:

How frustrating. greensad.gif Did they offer you any tips on how to do it better? Or what exactly you were doing wrong? Or was it that you were just taking too long for each task? I'm really nervous to get my 1st month's review.....

No specifics or details given.  It was the quality of my work on Type 5 tasks, rather than productivity (although I was told by the time sheet folks that overall, that was low too).  Anyway, I just got the exact same email as last time, but with NO suspension period.  It just says that my Task 5's are below quality standards, and they recommend I do all the quizzes, tutorials, study, etc.  Which is what I did the last time...don't know what else to do.  And of course what is in my queue today...Task 5s.  Grrrr.  Very frustrated.  The email from today also said that if further quality reviews were low, there's a chance I may be termed.  Ho hum....

#291 of 601 Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Does anyone know if it is going to be a problem that my bank account is a joint account?  The only two accounts I have are with my spouse and with my mother, I am not the first listed on either of the accounts.  Should I open a separate account with myself as either the only or the first person named?

I just received a bundle of info in an email and haven't taken the test yet so I may not need to know anyway if I don't pass, but in case I do I'd like to know your thoughts. Thanks!

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
#292 of 601 Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 AM

spuglyroo- I have a joint account, and it wasn't a problem.

Got my first paycheck today!!! joy.gif:joy:joy And man, this is really going to help us out to get some bills paid!!!

#293 of 601 Old 12-10-2010, 09:31 PM

EJ's Mommy, I received the same warning this week but without suspension. I've been working there for 3 months now. I wish they would have said something earlier, or at least give me some hint about what exactly I'm doing wrong. Now I've received notice that I will be given an exam on this task at some point and to fail it is to be removed from the program. I'm studying and improving my comments and skills(of course I'm taking time to be sure I'm doing it right and that makes me take longer, so I'm sure to receive a productivity warning) and I don't know what else I can do.shrug.gif I'm pretty down about it...I'm starting to worry that I might haz teh dumz.guilty.gif

#294 of 601 Old 12-11-2010, 11:16 AM

Yes, I received the "low quality" email again for Type 5, but also with no suspension this time.  I keep trying to take the Type 5 quizzes, but it's frustrating because it marks you as incorrect, even if you select one of two acceptable answers.  Seems flawed, but I'm just not motivated enough (yet) to notify LB.  I believe everyone is required to take the Type 5 exam that's coming up...it was news on the portal.  I haven't gotten it in my queue yet...anyone else take it yet?  I'm just going to study the guidelines, take the exam, and then let the chips fall where they may.  I like the extra money, but when all I get in my queue are Type 5s, I just can't get the hours in like I want to.  Plus, all my spare time is spent on this job, and just like when I worked full time, I have no time for my house, my hubby, or me.  It's either all about the kids or all about getting the hours. :(

#295 of 601 Old 12-11-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Now I've received notice that I will be given an exam on this task at some point and to fail it is to be removed from the program.

Huh. I got that notice about the test, but I haven't received any low quality emails. I figured everyone had to take the test, because I also got an email about how they were getting bad comments on the type 5's. (Maybe I'm one of the bad commenters and that's why I have to take the test! bag.gif)

#296 of 601 Old 12-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Hello.  I found this thread and would like to join since it seems to be of a positive nature and I have put in my application for Lionbridge and have received confirmation that I will be sent the testing materials by 12/17/10.  I am not a mother, but not because i didn't want to be, sadly (but everything happens for a reason).  I am now 52 (but very young at heart, and i think too in looks).  I have worked as a nurse (RN with MSN) for all these years - so although I didn't have kids myself - I have been a caregiver to many.  Anyways..... I thought it would be nice to keep in touch with others that are starting up with Lionbridge.  I appreciate the comments that have so far been left, as this is making me want to study very hard to make sure I pass.  Thanks for allowing me into your special place.

#297 of 601 Old 12-12-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Huh. I got that notice about the test, but I haven't received any low quality emails. I figured everyone had to take the test, because I also got an email about how they were getting bad comments on the type 5's. (Maybe I'm one of the bad commenters and that's why I have to take the test! bag.gif)

I think everyone has to take the Type 5 exam...it was on the Rater Portal homepage.

#298 of 601 Old 12-12-2010, 09:56 AM

Oh good. That's what I figured, but the previous post got me worried.

#299 of 601 Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 AM

This company is pretty bad at communication.  They don't seem to know how to manage their consultants very well. I've been with them since February and, outside of one 2-star month, I've done pretty well overall.  I just do the best I can the quickest I can and stop worrying about things beyond that point. I know they tend to let raters go after a year so I figure my time w/ them is pretty limited at this point.

Like a previous poster said, this job tends to eat into my time a lot. I try to work as much as I can when the kids aren't around but that's hard to do consistantly. I actually took most of this month off just to focus on some home projects and not always have the nagging feeling that I should be working.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#300 of 601 Old 12-12-2010, 02:15 PM

How do you guys keep track of your tasks? I was using just a piece of scratch paper and marking each task on there... but that was getting tedious, and I was going through a lot of paper! Now I'm using the ChaCha Stats Clicker add-on for Firefox, so I can just click on the counter on my browser to keep a running total. Just wondering if anyone else has any time/paper saving tricks for keeping track? smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page