Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 603 Old 07-02-2011, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Update regarding the timesheet:  

I filled in my first timesheet exactly as I worked. It was accepted-yay!  So...although the webinar said that some people under-report their time, I'm glad that I can be honest and paid for every minute. Also, I'm finding I really love the work!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 603 Old 07-02-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Soltera View Post

I have two questions.

1) Exactly what kind of work is it? Can someone give me an example. I graduated at the top of my class but I don't necessarily do computer speak well. I'm pretty kinesthetic. I don't mind at all doing "busy work" alone on the computer, but will it be harder for me to "get?"  

2). What can anyone tell me about Workforce Logic? Is that any better than Leapforce? Thanks!

Nope. There is a non-disclosure agreement, so no one can really explain the work to you. But it does NOT take any sort of technical skills. The hard part in the beginning is that there is a lot of variety, and a lot of different rules to remember for each type of job.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#363 of 603 Old 07-07-2011, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I work for leapforce and have loved it! I have only been working for a month and my invoice for last month has been approved, Yay! However I have not had a single task today. I am so worried over this. I love this job and really hope to keep it over the summer while I am not in school. *crosses fingers for more work*

be good family...

#364 of 603 Old 07-15-2011, 12:52 AM

hello, it's my first post here.

I have passed both the practical and the theoretical part of the exam, and I should start working for lionbridge in a few days.

does anybody know something more about taxes ?

I'm in Italy...

anyway, I found that the test was really really interesting, so I think this could be a nice part-time job for me...

#365 of 603 Old 07-16-2011, 12:30 AM

Hello Everyone,  peace.gif

I am new to your forum. I was searching the internet for ways to make money at home. I was very impressed with each posting here in this thread. It gave so much information! I thank all of you. This information is priceless. Even if you can make only a few dollars, it's better than nothing.

I filled out my application to Lionbridge and patiently wait to here back. I look forward to reading the other posts as well. With the economy being so bad, it is hard to make ends meet. I am on a limited income and working outside the home is not possible due to health reasons.

I will share this forum with others. Does anyone have any other suggestions of making extra cash? I am always on the internet.

Thanks again!bow2.gif

#366 of 603 Old 07-16-2011, 02:49 PM

How long does it typically take to hear back from Leapforce after getting your application confirmation?

#367 of 603 Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

How long does it typically take to hear back from Leapforce after getting your application confirmation?

It took them less then a week to get back to me. I did the tests then was told I was hired at the start of the next week. I had steady work for a whole month and made a decent amount of money:) However this month I only had tasks the first week but since then there has been nothing when I log on:( I wish there was a LeapForce app to let you know when you have tasks waiting...

be good family...

#368 of 603 Old 07-20-2011, 07:39 PM

Well, it's been a week now and I haven't heard anything.

Someone mentioned either here or elsewhere that people they've known with college degrees did not pass the tests. Lionbridge wouldn't even let me try. Do any of you who work for them have BAs or MAs? I have a BA and am wondering if that is somehow counting against me.

#369 of 603 Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have an M.S.  It doesn't seem to have counted against me with Lionbridge.  It took about 3 weeks for me to hear back from Lionbridge after I applied.  But Leapforce could be different.

#370 of 603 Old 07-21-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Well, it's been a week now and I haven't heard anything.

Someone mentioned either here or elsewhere that people they've known with college degrees did not pass the tests. Lionbridge wouldn't even let me try. Do any of you who work for them have BAs or MAs? I have a BA and am wondering if that is somehow counting against me.

I do not have a college degree, but my resume reflects 4 years of college. I saw the ad for leapforce on craigslist and it was seeking "highly educated people," specifically asking for college educated people. I was more concerned they would not hire me because I did not have a degree and they were looking for workers who did have a degree.

I applied for Lionbridge back in the winter. It took them a couple weeks to get back to me and inform me they are not accepting applicants in my region. I then applied to Leapforce. It took about 3 months before they got back to me offering the exams which I passed. I have been working for them several months now. I had completely put the application out of my mind and then I heard from them on a day I was feeling really stressed about money :)

I would say for the test/work, being smart and studying well helps but there is really nothing that requires college education per se. It requires self discipline, fast decision making, and cultural knowledge. You might learn some of this in college, but it has more to do with how you think than information you would have learned.

Tobeborn likes this.
#371 of 603 Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM

I guess the only thing that worries me about it is that I actually make a point of being completely out of touch with pop culture. I guess I would have to be more in tune with it for the job, eh?

#372 of 603 Old 07-21-2011, 06:25 PM

I am also very out of tune with pop culture. I do not have a TV, I don't listen to music, and basically the only media a regularly consume is NPR, and some times PBS videos. I don't know who most of the celebrities and musicians are now days. Very few task in this job require that knowledge and if it does, then you basically can just google real quick to see some images of what that person looks like and that's pretty much all it takes. No big problem. I really wouldn't worry too much about it.

#373 of 603 Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I agree with Fitrah.  Knowledge of pop culture can be helpful for the job, but it's not as important as being able to quickly read and understand information.  I'm pretty out of touch with pop culture, and I've been doing fine.

Purple Sage likes this.
#374 of 603 Old 07-22-2011, 12:43 PM

That is really good to know. Thanks for your replies!

#375 of 603 Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 PM

I applied for Leapforce just over 2 weeks ago have gotten no response yet. Do they tell you if you are not accepted? Is there a way to check the status of your application?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#376 of 603 Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 AM

Do you need a webcam/phone/or mic for this job?

#377 of 603 Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM

HI Babygirlie,

No, you don't need a webcam or mic for this job. There are occasional webinars but you can text to communicate. The main thing is high-speed internet access and a private work area. 

babygirlie likes this.
#378 of 603 Old 08-02-2011, 01:18 PM

Cheryl, it's been three weeks for me and I have not heard a word either.

maciascl likes this.
#379 of 603 Old 08-02-2011, 10:27 PM

I applied *nervous*

#380 of 603 Old 08-04-2011, 11:04 AM

I am a new lionbridge rater. I only worked 1 week last month and I am just curious about the pay cycles. When will my first payment come in? I have read all the available information and I am still confused as to the proccess, anyone want to enlighten me that would be great!!!

#381 of 603 Old 08-04-2011, 07:19 PM

I was reading it can be like 2 months for it to start coming in.  Still no word that they got my resume.

#382 of 603 Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM

Are they the same as Lion Bridge Global where there is a 3rd party involved?

#383 of 603 Old 09-06-2011, 09:44 PM

Hello everybody!

I received an email from Lionbridge with 'a vacancy' of Internet Assessor from my country (Brazil) in english. I just completed the steps and i'm waiting the material to study and make the final exam.

But looking for Leapforce page they have a position from Brazil too, who read-speak portuguese (i know that the aplication is in english but i think change something with Portuguese assessoring, right?).

So i did my registry at Leapforce too and i just receive an email with a confirmation that i'm able to do the final exam. I'll receive the material and i have 7 days to complete.

So the question is: can i work on Lionbridge and Leapforce at the same time?

At this moment i'm unemployed, solving health problems so i have 8 hours/day disponible to both. As the two sites have non-enployee rules, i think hasn't problem if i work for a competitor.

At this moment i'm waiting Lionbridge exam. Leapforce said will send me tomorrow. The difference of them it's the language (Lionbridge: Brazil - English / Leapforce: Brazil - Portuguese).

So can i join in both sites or will be a contract infringement?

Please help me.

#384 of 603 Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 PM

No, you can't work for both.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#385 of 603 Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 AM

Thanks so much. Since the time ì gone sleep i was afraid if Lionbridge don't send me emails anymore. But they do it. I'll receive the exam material until friday.

Can you tell me one more thing? It's better i send an email to Leapforce saying i not want to be a agent for them anymore or i could let both send me the final exam and don't make Leapforce exam? (I prefer be assessor from Lionbridge)

Have some mean Lionbridge know that i'm registered on Leapforce and i'll receive exam from them too?

#386 of 603 Old 09-07-2011, 08:15 PM

I'm so afraid that Lionbridge could find that i 'sign the papers' of Leapforce and don't sent me the exam material friday =(

I prefered sent an email to Leapforce asking them to don't send me the exam material tomorrow and to unsubscribe me.

I SO MUCH prefer Lionbridge, same if the internet assessor job isn't in portuguese.

And i know that i have to pass on their exam, but my worst afraid if they check that i subscribe Leapforce too. So i ask Leapforce to unsubscribe me.

#387 of 603 Old 09-08-2011, 03:25 PM

You might want to wait until after you pass the exam so if you fail the Lionbridge exam you can still try for leapforce.

#388 of 603 Old 09-09-2011, 11:58 AM

are people getting in their 10-20 hours per week? Any advice on taking the test?

#389 of 603 Old 09-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

I applied for Leapforce just over 2 weeks ago have gotten no response yet. Do they tell you if you are not accepted? Is there a way to check the status of your application?

It is going on 2 months now and still no word back. Anyone else?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#390 of 603 Old 09-15-2011, 10:31 AM

I am not a mother but since I am one of their Internet Assessors I thought I'd give you some info (within the confidentiality agreement.)

I can't comment on how they choose their people as I don't know. It takes a different amount of time from person to person it seems. Secondly the work is usually steady, it might happen that they don't have enough work for 10-20 hours, but usually there is. They are aware when there is not enough work so they don't penalise you for not meeting the quota in that case. Usually you can say, "I am going to do this job from this time to that time of the day" but sometimes the tasks may not be available during that time and might be available at another time. Generally it is possible to have a fixed schedule but can't guarantee task availability at any given time.

They always pay on the dot. No messing about. The system they use to know how much money they owe you month by month is very clear, they are very transparent and honest on that as far as I have experienced. They do check that you entered the correct amount of time according to their expectations (if you take 3 hours to do something that takes 5 minutes they will obviously dispute it.)

It is sometimes a bit hard to get a response back on certain matters, however the person who is in-charge of the quality of the raters in my area so far has always tried to help me whenever I had a question and he has always responded fairly fast.

They hold a lot of webinars and they have a lot of quizzes and a lot of guides. Now, you don't get paid for studying the guides or going to the webinars, you don't get paid for the quizzes. So anything you do to improve your performance in that sense isn't paid. However it does reflect on your quality and they take it into account. The amount of study required to know how to do certain tasks gets less and less as you keep working, so at the beginning you might feel you actually put more hours in than you actually can state in your timesheet, but once you learn how to do all the tasks as they are presented, that learning time becomes almost none.

You can't live off this job but if you get in and do it right, they do pay and they occasionally give you bonuses for certain things they might need done.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page