Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 601 Old 12-14-2011, 04:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I' ve been a LB rater for 6months in Tokyo. I enjoy this program very much because I can use my spare time.

Is there anyone know if this contract will be renewed? My contract mentioned only initial work period is for one year.

I'v got almost 4 stars.

#422 of 601 Old 12-21-2011, 07:06 AM

I have heard that Lionbridge does not hire workers from WI.  Trying to find out if it is the same for LeapForce.  Lionbridge told me they are not hiring from my state but Leapforce never responded to my application....

#423 of 601 Old 12-21-2011, 02:31 PM

I got a response from lionbridge saying they had a high volume of applications but that they'd get back to me when they had the time.  That was over two weeks ago, I'm totally bummed.

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#424 of 601 Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 AM

Hi there, i just submitted my app today, by the way i am a working professional, and while filling in the app from i mentioned them clearly stating i am a guy who works full time, will that be okay, or are they rather looking for people who are working part time, or maybe at home so that they can invest the desired amount of time ? or that's not a factor to be worried of? 

#425 of 601 Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 AM

they just want you to commit to 10 hrs/wk

#426 of 601 Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Hi dont think matters if working full time....it is freelance so as when works available they give you some to do.

im about to start anytime soon they contacted me to say apps/tasks be available for Uk in january.

hope that helps.

the contract is for 1 year  may be ongoing after that if hot there targets and pleased with your standard of work.

sweetlass

#427 of 601 Old 01-13-2012, 12:12 PM

Hi Sweetlass,

Have they given you tasks yet? What kind of tasks are new raters given?

Thanks.

#428 of 601 Old 01-13-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlass View Post

Hi dont think matters if working full time....it is freelance so as when works available they give you some to do.

im about to start anytime soon they contacted me to say apps/tasks be available for Uk in january.

hope that helps.

the contract is for 1 year  may be ongoing after that if hot there targets and pleased with your standard of work.

sweetlass

I do hope the work picks up for you soon. Any tasks yet?

#429 of 601 Old 01-14-2012, 12:26 PM

Hi......ive not had any work yet.

the tasks are same for all us....to do internet search engine tests and rate information we find according to the lionbridge rating system that you will have learned while doing the 2 exams.

sometimes a small exam is required by each company your given tasks for.....afraid dont know any more than that as no hit apps given to me as yet.

was told would be work available january 2012.

il update when there is.

hope ive answered your post

sweetlass

#430 of 601 Old 01-18-2012, 01:22 AM

Thanks. Yes that helped thanks.

#431 of 601 Old 01-20-2012, 12:22 AM

While I'm not a mother, I found Lionbridge through a friend of a friend. I just got approved to take the assessment and am waiting for it to come through. Just signed my disclosure forms.

I'm glad to see there are more people who have had a good experience with them. I hope that I'll be able to pass the test!

#432 of 601 Old 01-25-2012, 06:00 PM

#433 of 601 Old 01-28-2012, 09:02 AM

Hi all,

I'm a guy from the Netherlands and I applied for LionBridge a few months ago.

I know it from a friend, he worked there for about a year I think. I have to say 1 thing: Don't worry if the reply takes long. That friend had applied and he didn't hear something for over a year because they have people enough, but they said they will keep him in mind. Usually when a company tells you that, you know they don't, but LB actually does!

After about a year they let him know they were looking for new people, and he got in and worked there for about a year, and I applied a few months ago (sent them my resume and filled in the details of the account). Now a few weeks ago I spoke to him and he told me he would probably get fired, because he didn't work anymore, didn't want to anymore. Now 2-3weeks later, I got my mail from LB stating they look for new people :).

(By the way, it doesn't matter what's on your resume, I haven't got any degree, did some schools, have worked at some places, I am an IT guy though, but haven't finished anything, and it doesn't matter.)

They mailed me if I'm still interested I should let them know. I mailed them, and the same day I've got a reply with instructions. They told me I had to agree a few things and then go through the exam and then it should be done. I've read everything, agreed, and now 2 days ago they mailed me the exam materials. The only problem is that they have technical diffficulties now, I instantly got a message again saying "Thanks for making the test, but you failed," while I haven't done anything. Monday things should be resolved and I can do the exams!

I've asked my friend about some things, and they always pay on time (like many people here experience) and thanks for this information too, it's been really useful!

Just wanted to thank you and share my experience so far!

Can't wait till Monday! I'll let you people know how it went!

-GriZZly

#434 of 601 Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 AM

ciao giovanna, ho ricevuto anch'io un contratto per fare il primo test, ma è una cosa seria ?

grazie

dr

#435 of 601 Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM

I applied at Lionbridge on 11/12/11 but have not heard anything yet.  I did e-mail them last month and they sent out a reply that they are still reviewing applications and mine is still in process.

I just found out about LeapForce today and put an application in there as well.  I don't care if I don't get a lot of hours, I think something would be helpful.

I hope I hear something soon.

#436 of 601 Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 AM

Thank you for providing such detail information. It helps me a lot.

#437 of 601 Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriZZly View Post

Hi all,

I'm a guy from the Netherlands and I applied for LionBridge a few months ago.

I know it from a friend, he worked there for about a year I think. I have to say 1 thing: Don't worry if the reply takes long. That friend had applied and he didn't hear something for over a year because they have people enough, but they said they will keep him in mind. Usually when a company tells you that, you know they don't, but LB actually does!

After about a year they let him know they were looking for new people, and he got in and worked there for about a year, and I applied a few months ago (sent them my resume and filled in the details of the account). Now a few weeks ago I spoke to him and he told me he would probably get fired, because he didn't work anymore, didn't want to anymore. Now 2-3weeks later, I got my mail from LB stating they look for new people :).

(By the way, it doesn't matter what's on your resume, I haven't got any degree, did some schools, have worked at some places, I am an IT guy though, but haven't finished anything, and it doesn't matter.)

They mailed me if I'm still interested I should let them know. I mailed them, and the same day I've got a reply with instructions. They told me I had to agree a few things and then go through the exam and then it should be done. I've read everything, agreed, and now 2 days ago they mailed me the exam materials. The only problem is that they have technical diffficulties now, I instantly got a message again saying "Thanks for making the test, but you failed," while I haven't done anything. Monday things should be resolved and I can do the exams!

I've asked my friend about some things, and they always pay on time (like many people here experience) and thanks for this information too, it's been really useful!

Just wanted to thank you and share my experience so far!

Can't wait till Monday! I'll let you people know how it went!

-GriZZly

Thank you for providing such detail information. It helps me a lot.

#438 of 601 Old 02-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Hi everyone!

I m from Turkey. When I receive exam materials ı was reading guideline and answering questions, instantly my exam was canceled and they sent a mail which says you are unsuccessfull. Then they sent a mail which states that we have a problem and when we fix we will send new exam to you. I took my new exam materials this tuesday, I started answering immediately. There was 32 question, I am sure that I did very well. When I submit, I recieved same message about failing exam. This events happened 3-4 hour ago. Now I am wondering is there any person who face same situation? Because I have read 157 page since 4 days. I can not understand how ı fail. I think that there are some problems like other situation which ı experienced before. Do you have any idea?

Appreciate for everyone.

#439 of 601 Old 02-03-2012, 03:09 AM

Hi I'm also from The  Netherlands. I was wondering how they check if I have paid my taxes.  In the e-mail they stated:

As an independent contractor you are responsible for organising your own tax affairs.

Therefore it will be your responsibility to organise payment of tax on any money received by Lionbridge Technologies. Therefore it will be your responsibility to organise payment of tax on any money received by lionbridge technologies. If you pass the exam we will require a copy of your registration as a freelancer e.g. verklaring arbeidsrelatie.

Is there anyone who knows what this means and above all what the consequences are for this?

thanks in advance

#440 of 601 Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 PM

#441 of 601 Old 02-05-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyly View Post

Hi everyone!

I m from Turkey. When I receive exam materials ı was reading guideline and answering questions, instantly my exam was canceled and they sent a mail which says you are unsuccessfull. Then they sent a mail which states that we have a problem and when we fix we will send new exam to you. I took my new exam materials this tuesday, I started answering immediately. There was 32 question, I am sure that I did very well. When I submit, I recieved same message about failing exam. This events happened 3-4 hour ago. Now I am wondering is there any person who face same situation? Because I have read 157 page since 4 days. I can not understand how ı fail. I think that there are some problems like other situation which ı experienced before. Do you have any idea?

Appreciate for everyone.

SKYLY,

The same thing happen to me. I wounder if the system have fixed. I just email them. Hopefully, they will email me back.

#442 of 601 Old 02-05-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Hi everyone!

Appreciate for everyone.

The same thing happens to me. I emailed them already. I will keep you posted.

#443 of 601 Old 02-06-2012, 03:48 AM

Hi! I'm from USA, I was just taking my exam right now, and I'm not sure how far along in was, but I got an error message saying "there is nothing to judge click ok to return" does anyone knows what that means? Does it mean I finish or could it be an interface error?
#444 of 601 Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 AM

Hi there,

I'm in!

Just finished the second test on last Sunday, and yesterday evening I got the e-mail saying I have passed! Now I'm invited to a webinar for further questions and get the rest of the info I need to get started.

I must say they are replying quickly for me, so I'm happy with that, as some of you seem to have to wait a while.

Test 1 was definately harder then 2, sometimes you have to read the question a few times and look it back up in the guidelines, but if you just take the time for it and not hurry, it will be fine! Really! Practically all questions you can answer by reading the guidelines. Test 2 is like the work itself, so you instantly know if the work is something for you or not.

I'll let you know how my first working days will be.

-GriZZly

#445 of 601 Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 AM

Hi there.

A few days ago, lionbridge tell me I have failed first exam. theoric exam. I am grieved because I need some work like that. I am studyng informatic computer science engeeniering at Barcelona if some people know information about a similar work like internet assessor or something connected with programming or internet, please contact me at javi_lo@msn.com.

thaks a lot

javi

#446 of 601 Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM

Hey grizzly! Do you know how many questions you got right on the second test? Of what the passing score is? I'm about to take mine....

Thank u
#447 of 601 Old 02-07-2012, 04:18 PM

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone still uses this thread? I have just passed my first exam, waiting for the second now! Anyone know what type of Q's they will ask? :) and has there been lots of tasks in the UK?:) 

Thanks!

#448 of 601 Old 02-09-2012, 05:36 AM

Hello to all!

I am so excited!  I have been waiting to hear something for 6 weeks and today I received my e-mail with the attached documents to start the process.  Wish me luck!

#449 of 601 Old 02-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeniesbiz View Post

Hello to all!

I am so excited!  I have been waiting to hear something for 6 weeks and today I received my e-mail with the attached documents to start the process.  Wish me luck!

Good luck!!

Does anyone at all know the pay date?

#450 of 601 Old 02-10-2012, 03:33 AM

Quote:

Hi everyone!

Appreciate for everyone.

I had the same problem, but luckily I didn't start the exam yet before they sent me an e-mail saying they had technical difficulties, and they told me everyone could do it over.

Later on I got a new e-mail with a new period to do the exam, and I noticed it was 1 day longer then before, so they compensated that with 1 day extra I guess.

I just passed the 2 exams last Monday, it works again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page