Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 599 Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

IMG00169-20120611-1653.jpg

Hi !
I've been asked to sign this agreement by lionbridge but i'm not used to american contracts, can someone help me out ?
What am i supposed to fill ?
Everything or not ?
And print means blockletters right ?

#482 of 599 Old 06-17-2012, 09:48 AM

Hi,

I am having the same issue figuring out where to sign. Do I sign all 4 lines? Please help! 

#483 of 599 Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 AM

Sign under "CONSULTANT" By:________________

underneath "Printed" put your name in block letters

Leave blank the lines on the left

#484 of 599 Old 06-28-2012, 03:45 AM

Can you please send the study material on my mail chaudhari.sarang@yahoo.com No one can send you study materials except Lionbridge. It would be a violation of our contracts.
#485 of 599 Old 06-28-2012, 03:45 AM

SOrry, double post.
#486 of 599 Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 AM

Wow!  What a journey my Lionbridge experience was!  I initially inquired about a job there at the end of February; went through the process with the guidelines, practice data, and finally testing.  Put in 15-20 hours per week.  Started as a "paid" assessor in early June; got an e-mail two days ago that they no longer need my services.  I responded asking why, and got an e-mail back saying they cannot provide individual feedback!!!  Hope I get paid at least for the hours worked; however, there was a computer issue with my assessor's portal, so 7 of my hours didn't get entered on a timesheet.  Here's the really discouraging thing.  You have to access your assessor's portal through Firefox; that is, until it is no longer accessible through Firefox.  Then they want you to download Google Chrome.  I asked if there was any way around this because I had always heard from our computer guys at work that Chrome can cause serious problems on your computer.  The technical people at Lionbridge insisted if I wanted to access the portal (which is necessary--for learning tools, etc.), that I would have to download Chrome, so I did.  Two days later--hard drive on my laptop is gone!  At this point I cannot say for sure it's because I downloaded Chrome, but it's really a coincidence.  So I'm out of the job, it's quesionable whether I'll get paid at all because they "boot" you out of the system within 24 hours, and now I need a new laptop.  It's a shame--it was really interesting work, but the company's practices are, in my opinion, questionable.  Oh, well, I had read all I could about Lionbridge before I started it, and decided to do it anyhow.  Time to accept the lesson and move on....If anyone can direct me to alternate WAH opportunities that are a bit more reliable, I would greatly appreciate it.

#487 of 599 Old 07-20-2012, 02:51 AM

Hello people!

I newly joined Lionbridge and I have some questions about the timesheet.

1. How do I use it to track my time?

2. What are the units in time on the sheet? All it displays is '0,00'

Thanks!

#488 of 599 Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM

Can anyone tell me if I need a number from the IRS besides my SSN to pay taxes as a Lionbridge employee? Do you have to pay quarterly or yearly taxes on the income? I am getting my exam info on the 27th...  thanks.

#489 of 599 Old 08-03-2012, 12:31 PM

Hi there, I have been following this thread and I need some tips to get through then2nd part of the test
#490 of 599 Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Wow!  What a journey my Lionbridge experience was!  I initially inquired about a job there at the end of February; went through the process with the guidelines, practice data, and finally testing.  Put in 15-20 hours per week.  Started as a "paid" assessor in early June; got an e-mail two days ago that they no longer need my services.  I responded asking why, and got an e-mail back saying they cannot provide individual feedback!!!  Hope I get paid at least for the hours worked; however, there was a computer issue with my assessor's portal, so 7 of my hours didn't get entered on a timesheet.  Here's the really discouraging thing.  You have to access your assessor's portal through Firefox; that is, until it is no longer accessible through Firefox.  Then they want you to download Google Chrome.  I asked if there was any way around this because I had always heard from our computer guys at work that Chrome can cause serious problems on your computer.  The technical people at Lionbridge insisted if I wanted to access the portal (which is necessary--for learning tools, etc.), that I would have to download Chrome, so I did.  Two days later--hard drive on my laptop is gone!  At this point I cannot say for sure it's because I downloaded Chrome, but it's really a coincidence.  So I'm out of the job, it's quesionable whether I'll get paid at all because they "boot" you out of the system within 24 hours, and now I need a new laptop.  It's a shame--it was really interesting work, but the company's practices are, in my opinion, questionable.  Oh, well, I had read all I could about Lionbridge before I started it, and decided to do it anyhow.  Time to accept the lesson and move on....If anyone can direct me to alternate WAH opportunities that are a bit more reliable, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am not sure what you are talking about with Chrome. Were you a US Internet Assessor?  I have been working for LB for about 6 months and have always used Firefox.  I have heard nothing about using Chrome. 

As for being let go, did you attend any of the webinars?  Did you get any feedback ratings?  Keep emailing them and someone will answer you.

#491 of 599 Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 PM

Hi all, I'm new here. I just applied to Lionsbridge yesterday, got my consultant agreement today (for Social Media Internet Assessor). When should I expect my exam? Is there a pre-test for this position that I can practice on? I am not too worried about the theoretical part of the exam, as it seems if people fail, they usually fail the second part. So that I am really worried about. I don't know what to expect :/ I don't even really know what this position entails. A friend of mine told me about the Search Assessor, but not the Social Media one. I am just worried I will fail, I really, really need this. I start nursing school this semester and I won't have a schedule open enough to find work outside my home right now. My family has to eat! Does anyone have any experience with this position? And would I be able to retake it if I fail? Ahh >.<

#492 of 599 Old 08-26-2012, 01:32 AM

Hi everybody

I've just started to work for Lionbridge,  I know how many hours I've done and how many videos I've rated,  but I still don't know how many are good ands how many are wrong.

Is it normal ?

#493 of 599 Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 PM

Hi Lily, I am also new rater and in same situation as you. I guess maybe when the first month of work is finished (I work as of 1st August) we will receive some feedback (I hope...) ROTFLMAO.gif

#494 of 599 Old 09-05-2012, 06:01 AM

Thank you for the information.  I have just signed their contract agreement...how long does it take

to receive their test material...Also do you have their contact email ?   or do  you just send a "reply" email for

any questions?

Have you started working yet ?

Thanks again...your answer is very helpful.

sclucky

#495 of 599 Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 AM

How to you "sign" contract online ?

Thank you for reply to this question !

sclucky

#496 of 599 Old 09-05-2012, 06:06 AM

Have you had a good response to your work ?

Thank you

sclucky

#497 of 599 Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Can you tell me how long it too for them to reply to you after you signed and submitted the contract agreement?

I am still waiting for the exam material to study.

Did they send it in gmail account or your regular contact email ?  

Thank you for any reply...your posts are very helpful.

sclucky

#498 of 599 Old 09-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Hi,

After you signed the  contract did you just "save" online or did you mail back or fax back the contract agreement ?

Thanks for your help

sclucky

#499 of 599 Old 09-21-2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roderigoz View Post

Hello people!

I newly joined Lionbridge and I have some questions about the timesheet.

1. How do I use it to track my time?

2. What are the units in time on the sheet? All it displays is '0,00'

Thanks!

Hi,

1.use some timer software, search Google for stopper or alarm software... I use free stop watch.

2. Use minutes for time sheet, and don't hesitate to ask support for questions they are friendly and helped me always without problem.

#500 of 599 Old 09-21-2012, 11:46 AM

Hi i applied did exams over year ago took another year to be offered any work id forgotten about them.

done work on and off from spring till this week.

then all sudden despite good feedback,good spam record to say services no longer required.

no explaination and locked out of portal from next day which is today.

ive mailed them to reply more info says keeping me on books for future projects......

pays very little money.........had good commincation with them all time had hit apps to judge.

not impressed.

got paid for al work and why this gotta wait 2 months for payments to be done in arrears aswell.in in uk no web seminars over here for them...

all do is log in daily to check for tasks to apply for some of which you have read guidelines and do task for a mini test if pass get the work if not get 2 more attempts.

once youve done certain type task next one available you dont do a tests just read guidelines.and they time you on some way to fast for time eneded to type all answers in.

and why pay in dollars when its actually not a amercian company its a polish one i checked.

so you lose some wages in conversion rates.for uk its at 6%................

anyone know of another company doing same type work id love recieve info from you.

sweetlass

#501 of 599 Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM

Leapforce.com also does the same thing.

#502 of 599 Old 09-22-2012, 11:26 AM

#503 of 599 Old 09-22-2012, 02:18 PM

Hi i was when got work reguarly.they admitted dont have much work fro uk.

butler are rubbish dont bother unless youve got lauguage skills then they good pay rates i think lionbridge were best overall.

in end all poor pay except some tasks which pay more.more skills you have more you can earn.

#504 of 599 Old 09-23-2012, 11:10 PM

good to know about butler...2whistle.gif

#505 of 599 Old 10-11-2012, 02:47 AM

Hi, could somebody let me know after what time you got your star rating? I am working from beginning of August yet and still do not have a feedback. First time they reopened my time sheet now for September - the part related to map project. They asked me to reduce the time and after some correspondence they persuade me that I did much less tasks than I reported. I have a very precise evidence of work done, so I know it is not true. Is there somebody else with this kind of experience? I am thinking about not to work on this project anymore after that.

#506 of 599 Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 AM

THat is reall weird. I have never recieved a star rating and I have been working there since june. Oddly I just recieved a payment for september yesterday so I figure they must be planning to terminate me,= but I have yet to recieve any corespondance.

What did your email say?

Which tasks was it? Was it in the ewoq 1 or 2?

I don't time my time. I just mark my tasks down and then multiply by their minute requirement

So EXP WEB's requirment is 2 min

so 10 would be 20 min. I use an excel file I made.

#507 of 599 Old 10-12-2012, 11:14 AM

I also do it in the same way as you (multiply by minute requirement) but I did more than 700 tasks and they told me I did only 550 so I have to reduce time to meet their expectations. But I stricly mark my tasks, so I know how many tasks I did...

this what I talk about is rating of google maps, so another project they asked me to take part... not the standard rating tasks... also yesterday I received an email that new tasks in this project will be available and they expect me to rate some... but after this experience I am not sure whether I would like to work on this project... based on their expectations you have only 1,33 minute for 1 task (map), it is not much... but after they asked me to reduce my time it made only 1,15 minutes per task...

#508 of 599 Old 10-12-2012, 05:01 PM

that sucks! I only do the tasks that are longer. Like 6 to 8 minutes. Did you contact technical support about it? I alos would be worried about the new tasks.

#509 of 599 Old 10-13-2012, 10:00 AM

first they asked me to reduce time by 250 minutes, I contacted them that I do not understand why, I wrote them 2 emails till I received the info that I did less tasks than I reported... no explanation, nothing, only reduce your time, and at the end the beautiful sentence: Please be aware that Raters who repeatedly cannot meet the base level expectations of the program from month to month may be removed from the program.yikes2.gif I will not work on this map project anymore after that... I dont think I am the only one who is not keen of this project as they are constantly sending emails to rate these stupid maps blahblah.gif

#510 of 599 Old 10-13-2012, 11:17 AM

Weird they never send me emails on what to rate. Too weird.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page