Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 605 Old 02-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

@KodrutZ... i have a few questions for you because i think we're from the same country (i saw your posts on TPU) and i am trying to get in touch with you...it is possible that you can give me a few answers on email or something? (i can't send PM) ....my email is [email protected] Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 of 605 Old 02-28-2013, 01:00 PM

Is anyone here still an internet assessor? Looks like it's all quiet on the raters hub......

#543 of 605 Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am waiting to be.  I applied for 4 positions, was rejected for 2 (???) and have been accepted for crowd sourcing- awaiting word on internet assessor- complteted waiver- awaiting exam.

you?

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#544 of 605 Old 03-10-2013, 11:46 AM

i didn't get selected :-(........should have paid more attention...got a reply from them that i failed by a small margin and my application is rejected ...other than internet accessor do they have any more positions....

#545 of 605 Old 05-02-2013, 03:00 PM

Hey, everyone!

Reviving this thread with some concerns!

There's no deadline for the exam which is great! I'm on the practice exam and I think I am doing pretty bad. My guess is I'm at the 60-70%. I studied pretty hard but I'm a hands-on learner so I'm learning more from the practice.

What I want to know is, can I keep practicing with the practice exam?

What's the passing grade for the exam?

Would you say the actual exam is harder or as hard as the practice? 

Would I be lucky to see the practice material on the exam? haha

Any tips to succeeding the exam?  I'm getting pretty desperate so I'm putting all my cards on this. 

#546 of 605 Old 05-02-2013, 05:30 PM

No deadline that's awesome. It is similar bit obviously not exatly like the practice.
#547 of 605 Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 AM

Can anyone tell me how long it took to hear back from them if you were accepted or rejected in general after applying for a job? I just don't want to be left in the dust if I could be reapplying!

#548 of 605 Old 05-25-2013, 11:17 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum and new to Lionbridge. I got through the exam and ready to start work as an Internet Assessor.. In one of their welcome emails I have been mentioned about their expected ratings per hour, that is 100-120. I am really puzzled and worried about it. At the moment my speed is not even half of that. How did you all go with that? Is it really possible to rate a LP withing 30 seconds?  

#549 of 605 Old 05-31-2013, 09:48 PM

Hi, Iam interested in applying for Lionbridge. Is there any specific criteria they look for in a Resume to be considered Or selected? Does anybody have tips writing a Resume for linbridge.
Thankx
Suchee
#550 of 605 Old 06-03-2013, 02:04 AM

Just finished the per exam which had 138 questions and is due at 11:59pm Monday (today) any idea how long it will take to learn if I passed? Thanks!
#551 of 605 Old 06-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A few minutes, usually, since it's supposed to be an automated success/failure message.

#552 of 605 Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 PM

My wife also just took that PLA exam (for the Ad Assessor role).  This is her first time applying for one of these Lionbridge jobs and I was surprised there was not an opportunity to practice like I see described for the IA and other jobs.  All she got was a guide book and a couple days lead time to study and take the test.  No opportunity to practice which seems odd since the tasks can be very vague and subjective.

She got instant feedback on each question however.  I believe she got 85 out of the 138 correct.  But, no idea if this is enough to pass.  I suspect not unfortunately.

Dryfly, if you don't mind me asking, how many did you get right?

#553 of 605 Old 06-30-2013, 08:58 AM

I work as an Internet Assessor for Lionbridge for the last 2 years. I am curious to know if there is anyone who has worked more than one role at the same time? I always thought that we could only work one role but I was looking on the Lionbridge website the other night when I was reading the FAQs and it says as a freelancer you can work multiple roles for mutiple clients - it is here http://www.thesmartcrowd.com/workers/how-it-works-2/work-from-home-faq/. Also for those who applied for the Ad Assessor how long did it take to hear anything back? I applied last night. I really hope to be able to work this additional role. I have been looking for a long time for another job to supplement my income with Lionbridge.

#554 of 605 Old 07-04-2013, 11:30 PM

cbaumler, I just took that same exam, did your wife pass?

#555 of 605 Old 07-11-2013, 04:35 AM

Hi All,

I just sent my application to Lionbridge.  I'm a little nervous, hope I qualify.  I have a couple of questions for any veterans out there.

1.)  Is the work steady?

2.) Can you work more than 20 hrs a week?

3.) Do you still need to wait 90 days before you get your first payment?

I'm really enjoying reading this thread. 

#556 of 605 Old 07-31-2013, 01:33 PM

Hi All,

I just sent my application to Lionbridge.  I'm a little nervous, hope I qualify.  I have a couple of questions for any veterans out there.

1.)  Is the work steady?

2.) Can you work more than 20 hrs a week?

3.) Do you still need to wait 90 days before you get your first payment?

I'm really enjoying reading this thread.

I've been working for this company since 2009, so I can answer your questions & then some: 1) no, work is definitely not steady. 2) yes, if you get enough available tasks in your queue (which is unlikely) 2) Pay is deferred a month, so you get paid for the prior month you worked (and that also is deferred based on the # of hours you worked ... typically if you work over 30 hrs/month you'll get paid around the 2nd week of the next month, if you work under 30hrs/month, you'll get paid the last week of the next month).

I can tell you QUALITY has now become a huge factor with this company, so much so that it is extremely disappointing to work here now. If you fail to meet their quality standards (which have risen considerably in just the past couple years), you'll be dropped from the program like a hot potato. The company doesn't care how MUCH you do, they only care about how GOOD you do it. The quality bar has now been set at 88% for senior raters and 80% for everyone else (it has increased twice in a year&half) ... this means you must rate 8 out of 10 tasks matching their standards (your work gets sampled every month in a "quality review"): I.E. A quality reviewer rates a particular task REL during a quality review, if you don't rate that same task REL & you get that task in your monthly cycle then you "miss it." Get below 80% and you fail. They're a bit more lenient on new people the first 2 or 3 months, but after that you're expected to meet 80 every time, fail two in a row and you're subject to removal from the program (e.g. getting fired).

It's a real job. It's work. You get reviewed, just as if a supervisor was standing over your shoulder at any other company. Fail reviews, and you get fired .. no different from any other company if you didn't perform to their standards. This is not a happy-go-lucky-work-your-own-time&schedule, you work when tasks are available & you work to their quality demands or you get removed, that simple. It's a lot of stress.

#557 of 605 Old 08-14-2013, 06:24 PM

I have just completed Part 3 of the Internet Assessor's Exam....Part ! and 2 were fairly easy, and I was fairly confident that I passed.  However, Part 3 is SO Subjective that I have no clue whether I passed or failed!  Anyone else have that experience?  Also, how long did it take for you to find out if you passed or failed Part 3?  I received an email on Part 1 and Part 2 almost immediately upon completing...However, I have not heard anything all day on Part 3????

#558 of 605 Old 08-15-2013, 06:14 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't checked on this discussion thread since I first applied for the position of Internet Assessor. I have been working for LB for 8 months now, and I finally decided to come back here and share some inside info, tips and tricks. So here are my subjective answers to a few popular questions:

1) When applying for the job, I think it is more important to address their selection criteria, than to demonstrate some special knowledge or work experience. When I applied, I made sure to emphasise, that I was well familiar with computers and the Internet. I described my educational background and attached some proof of English language proficiency. I don't think LB is too strict. For example, one of the job requirements was to have a Bachelor's degree. I didn't have one, but passed nevertheless.

2) I had two exams. The first one was easy and I got a feedback straight away. The second one was hard, it required a lot of practice and I had to wait for about a week for a feedback. I printed all the guidelines and put them on the wall near my computer, so that I could refer to them during the test. The trick is to rely less on your personal judgement and more on the guidelines. I heard that if you don't pass the exam, you can write to LB and ask for another chance, or simple try to apply again later. I never had a chance to find out if that was true.

3) During the testing phase there was a lot of confusion. I missed two emails from LB: one got marked as Junk mail, the other one I missed because I did't check my newly created email account often enough. As a result I missed my exam deadline, but wrote to LB and they gave me a new deadline. There was another time, when they sent me wrong instructions and I was completely confused. I finally wrote to them and they confirmed it was a mistake. So don't be afraid to ask questions.

3) All of the tasks have different rate-per-hour requirements. In the beginning you will most likely feel, that your speed is not fast enough. Don't worry about it! They will allow you to gradually increase your speed, as you get more practise and learn the ropes. During the webinars we were told many times, that the quality is more important than speed. You can do less, but you must not do more. So don't rush and take your time to get everything right. Eventually they will let you know if you are expected to work faster.

4) Sometimes the guidelines can be confusing and everyone seems to have their own way to interpret them. I learned to deal with it. Sometimes I would ask a question during the webinar and get one answer, then I would get an audit with a different answer. So it really depends on who you talk to and who is doing the audit. The guidelines are definitely imperfect and still require improvement.

5) I am still not sure how exactly my work is being assessed. Is it only based on the audits or is there another system in place? It is always very stressful to receive audits. Many of my decisions get marked as wrong, even when I am sure, I am right. I often try to appeal and prove my point. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but at least when you argue with the auditor you learn how they think and what they expect from you.

6) The work-load is not stable. At some point during Christmas I did't have any work at all. I think I spent the whole month!!! with barely any tasks and I started to worry that maybe they were going  to fire me. Sometimes there are more tasks in the beginning of the week and then there are none on weekend. So I learned to work whenever there are tasks available, not leaving anything for later.

7) They say we are expected to work 15-20hrs a week. But the truth is sometimes there are simply not enough tasks. I think they don't allow to work more than 20hours on average, but I never tried. I used to work for 15-18 hours a week, but now I do 10 hours on average. I have plenty of tasks these days, I am just a bit tired. It is a very monotonous job and it's hard to do it for more than two-three hours and a row. LB seems to be fine with me working 10 hours a week.

8) The payment is always on time, but you must remember about the two months delay. Meaning that when you first start working, it will be a couple of months till you receive your first salary.

9) There was one time when I almost got fired. I received an email saying that the quality of my work became too low. I was really surprised, because I thought I was doing well. They made me pass the exam again. I passed and returned to work. There was another time, when I received an email, saying that I was working too fast. I slowed down and it was fine. That means that you always get a chance to improve, before they fire you.

I guess that's it. I hope that helps :)

#559 of 605 Old 08-20-2013, 09:59 AM

Hello

What if i'm a student do I have to be registered as independent contractor as they state in their emails.

I am unemployed and if i find a job would I be able to still do this in my spare time?

#560 of 605 Old 08-20-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiog View Post

Hello

What if i'm a student do I have to be registered as independent contractor as they state in their emails.

I am unemployed and if i find a job would I be able to still do this in my spare time?

Its a side job, you should do fine. Was working as student and another job at same time with google and no problems.

#561 of 605 Old 08-27-2013, 08:35 AM

Internet Assessor Program

“Valuing your knowledge and opinions”

Type:  Work from Home, Temporary, Part-time, Independent Contractor

Description:

As an Internet Assessor your ultimate goal will be to contribute towards making internet search more exciting, relevant and interesting for all end users in Brazil.  You will play a part in improving the quality of one of the largest search engines in the world.

The internet has now become the powerhouse of all information, everything you need to find or explore can be found on the internet, yet how can we be sure this information is entirely up to date or relevant? This is where you can contribute.  We are looking for creative thinkers who enjoy browsing the internet and would like to express their opinion on the quality and content of what is currently out there on the web.  You will be provided with guidelines and scoring criteria on how best to evaluate an internet search result.

You will have the flexibility and freedom to work from your own home, working your own hours, depending on availability of tasks (10-20 hours per week).  Payment will be based on completion of the agreed upon tasks or engagements within the specified time period.   

This is a freelance, independent contractor position.

Requirements:

§  Fluency in written and verbal English & Portuguese

§  Preferred level of education/certification - Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)

§  Access to and use of a broadband internet connection and associated computer and software to perform the work, all provided at your own expense

§  Experience in use of web browsers to navigate and interact with a variety of content

§  Time Management Skills

§  Proficient with Microsoft Office applications

§  For cultural and historical awareness purposes you must be resident in Brazil for the last 5 consecutive years

To Apply:

Please copy and paste the following link into your browser to complete and submit your application:

http://bit.ly/Tlvolu

If you experience any technical issues when you are submitting your application please contact the following email address: [email protected]

#562 of 605 Old 08-27-2013, 08:42 AM

Hi Ladies, I am new to this forum. I recently sent an application to Lionbridge and got a pre-approval. I received all the documents asking me to accept all the coditions etc... I clicked on the link at the end of one of their foems to fill out a very short questionnaire just confirming that I agree to all of their stipulations. I am just confused as to what else I am supposed to do.. the had mentioned a pre-test and also there were other documents in that email.. am I supposed to sign and resend them?

Thanks any input would be helpful

#563 of 605 Old 09-07-2013, 03:57 PM

I got the exam email with the study materials. I was reviewing and studying the guidelines and using what I thought was tutorials because it never gave me the log in page where I would have to enter the user name and password they sent me. I received an email stating that I had failed the exam! I never entered their username or password nor even got to that screen so I'm not sure what happened! I have emailed them back but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else encountered this type of issue?

#564 of 605 Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 PM

Did u apply for crowd sourcing?
#565 of 605 Old 09-09-2013, 10:02 AM

What role was it you applied for and I can look into your application for you? Also any questions you have, you can message me directly.

Thanks

Lisa

#566 of 605 Old 09-17-2013, 07:17 PM

I have been working for Lionbridge since July 2013.  I have yet to match minute for minute the "suggested" time per task.  Is anyone else having this issue?  An 8 minute task takes me 12 minutes to complete correctly.

Thanks!

#567 of 605 Old 10-22-2013, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTerrific View Post

I have been working for Lionbridge since July 2013.  I have yet to match minute for minute the "suggested" time per task.  Is anyone else having this issue?  An 8 minute task takes me 12 minutes to complete correctly.

Thanks!

Been working for more then a year already, and 8 minute tasks take around 3-2 minutes. Try to to practice on training tasks in portal. And read up the learning material.

#568 of 605 Old 10-22-2013, 04:17 AM

Few things to fellow LB or Leapforce internet assessors:

Do not hurry to submit below average times on your tasks as it lowers the average time for the tasks and doesn't reward you in anyway. You get rewarded only for quality of your tasks(check moneymakergroup.com forum for that information).

Second and more important here is a lesson to learn from my bad experience with LB:

Unpleasant surprise I've discovered after first time checking my salaries for last 4 months in LB:\
Shorty put, Lionbridge will not pay intermediate bank transfer fees. Check carefully your salaries from LB. Learn from my experience.

Below is an email I received after asking LB why I have a gap of more then 100$ in salaries after 4 months of work. That is only recent records, i haven't checked yet with old bank for 10 months old records. I fear that with old account I could possibly lose more money, but can't just be sure yet.
**In short**, I switched to a bank which doesn't charge fee when you receive IBAN transfer. Seems like that bank don't have relations with AIB( Irish bank that LB uses to send salaries) bank and must use 3rd party bank to receive my payments from LB AIB bank. Lionbridge refuses to pay those 3rd party fees and in results I lost at least 100$ after 4 months of work.
Learn from my lesson and check your salaries and bank international transfer details.
I guess there is no way LB will compensate me those lost fees ? :(

Quote:
> Thank you for your email.
>
> Lionbridge makes payment for the full amount of the invoice. We incur the fee for making the payment however we do not cover the cost for you to receive the payment. We Bank with AIB (Allied Irish Bank) and if your Bank does not have a relationship with our Bank than a Routing Bank is needed to transfer the funds. A Routing Bank charges a fee which you must pay. If you contact your Bank they will be able to advise you on how much money the Routing Bank charges you and they will be able to advise you if they apply a charge also.
>
> If you have any further queries, please contact us.
>
>
>
> Kind regards
>
> XXXX (finance team employe name)
> Lionbridge Finance Team
#569 of 605 Old 10-29-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
 Been working for more then a year already, and 8 minute tasks take around 3-2 minutes. Try to to practice on training tasks in portal. And read up the learning material.

This may be the case for you, because you are not in the US and do not get monthly feedback assessments that your job depends on. 

However, I have been with LB for a while and 8 min tasks often take longer than that to do completely and thoroughly.

#570 of 605 Old 01-16-2014, 07:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am new to here. I have just failed in the 3rd exam. Lionbridge offered me one more chance to re-apply the job. I wonder if any you can share me some tips for the 3rd exam. I feel it is difficult to judge the reputation of a webpage since I am not familiar with American web sites. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page