Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#571 of 601 Old 01-17-2014, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

There's nothing to feel here. Reputation of a website is something that can be figured out by checking various SEO metrics without even seeing that website, for example its traffic ranking in the given area, Google Page Rank, the amount of pages indexed by main search engines and so on. Check the /wiki/Website_reputation_ratings page on the English Wikipedia, it will surely help.

#572 of 601 Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everybody, at the end of Jan my 1-year Lionbridge contract as Internet Assessor will end. I find Lionbridge quite good on overall, just one question:

why they say I can't re-apply for the job? (Or maybe a slightly different position such as Social Media Internet Assessor?) I contacted them and only said they're unable to let old raters re-apply, but they did not tell why. Any idea? I have the idea to try with Appen Butler Hill, but they have more strict working hours (20 per week as Lionbridge does, but only from Monday to Friday, while with Lionbridge I worked also on Saturday and Sunday in my free-time).

#573 of 601 Old 01-20-2014, 08:36 AM

Thanks for sharing. I will try. 

#574 of 601 Old 02-12-2014, 11:09 AM

I just received email from Lionbridge that I have passed the three parts.

"Congratulations! You achieved an overall pass!"
#575 of 601 Old 02-13-2014, 11:44 AM

May God have mercy on your soul now! :)

#576 of 601 Old 03-04-2014, 01:16 PM

Hey all I just got my agreement and haven't taken the exam yet. I'm not a tax knowledgeable person. Can anyone explain to me how the taxes work? Especially since I do have a regular job and then this would be a 1099. And if I am supposed to report social security? I'm in the US

Thanks,

Kristy

#577 of 601 Old 03-15-2014, 10:49 AM

Disclaimer

I am NOT a tax professional.

That said, I understand how it works. Firstly, you must pay full social security as there is no employer matching your contributions. Most people don't know that their employer (as long as they are not an independant contractor) matches half the 13.??% (can't remember exact number) So what I'm saying is that on my regular day job I pay 6.?% to social security, and my employer matches that. With Lionbridge, you'll want to put aside about 13% for S.S.

For state, check yours. There all different. Seven states don't even have state taxes.

For fed, it's a bit trickier. If you already have a job that pays say 14,000 to about 32,000/yr  then you're paying 15% in Fed taxes off that. Above 32,000 it becomes 25%. Below 14,000 it is only 10% taxed. So the amount saved for fed taxes depends on how much you earn combined (all jobs)

Anyone think they can word it better to help us out?

Medicare is about 1.65%

I plan on setting aside about 30% Close enough for this Coloradian.

Then I'll report it as independent contractor pay when I file.

#578 of 601 Old 03-15-2014, 10:52 AM

I have been working live tasks for three weeks now, and they're freaking me out.

They sent me three emails yesterday asking me to explain some of my ratings. They've never done this before. Why? Do they do this once a month as they review my work? Normal? I'm paranoid. I know this is an ejection seat job. I love the type of work. I don't want to stop so soon.

#579 of 601 Old 03-22-2014, 11:48 AM

I am in The U.S. and applied with Lionbridge about a week ago. I received the search waiver, terms of service, rate of pay, etc documents in an email from them asking me to click the link at the end of the email to agree to terms.

When I click the link it asks for a username and password....which I don't see anywhere. Anyone else have this happen? Am I just missing something really obvious???

Thanks everyone!
#580 of 601 Old 05-07-2014, 11:14 AM

I just applied online this week and hot a quick response from them asking me to take the Questionnaire. Then I received another email saying that congratulations, that I will be submitted to a qualification stage on 09/05/2014. ..September! ?!?! That's a long time:((((
#581 of 601 Old 05-07-2014, 11:20 AM

Is it normal to take that long???
#582 of 601 Old 05-07-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbykite View Post

Is it normal to take that long???

Robbykite, Europeans write the date day/month/year...so this probably means they will open it up May 9th, 2014.

The recruiting department is based in Ireland

#583 of 601 Old 05-08-2014, 12:34 PM

Suburbiadaze, there is nothing special with them asking you to explain your ratings. You just quote from the guidelines to justify your decisions and you'll be fine. Always have the guidelines around and quote when asked to justify stuff. Sure, it would also help to quote from the right part that explains why you chose a certain rating or flag... :D

#584 of 601 Old 05-09-2014, 07:15 PM

I just received the study material, but I can't open the guidelines. I clicked n the link, but nothing happened. I'm using Firefo...maybe that's why? ?
#585 of 601 Old 05-10-2014, 11:54 AM

The link should lead to a PDF file or an archive. Try another browser... :)

#586 of 601 Old 05-13-2014, 05:53 AM

Thank for you help. I finally I was able to open the file.
#587 of 601 Old 05-13-2014, 05:56 AM

Is anyone in the process for Internet Judge assessor?

I'm in process now and there's only 1 test ( the final exam)......there's no test 1, 2, 3 as I've read here...
#588 of 601 Old 05-13-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbykite View Post

Thank for you help. I finally I was able to open the file.

Cool, glad you made it. No idea about the Internet Judge position, never heard of it until now. What's it all about?

#589 of 601 Old 05-20-2014, 11:42 AM

I think the position is the same than Internet assessor, just different name. Judging search from users. ...

But the process seems to be a bit different as well. I had only 1 final test 50 questions only....different from what I've been reading here. Also you get to know if your answer was wrong/right after selecting you answers in each question. Not sure why not the same process....
#590 of 601 Old 05-26-2014, 05:07 AM

I cant open my either :(

#591 of 601 Old 05-26-2014, 05:12 AM

same here, any hints on the 50 questions test please?????

#592 of 601 Old 05-26-2014, 05:20 AM

I stop the one that has 50 questions because I was doing bad. SOS 

#593 of 601 Old 06-09-2014, 01:41 AM

Hello!
If you are looking for an easy way to keep record of your tasks completed and the time spent, try LBTimer. This Google Chrome's extension automatically keeps record of your tasks and time spent and keeps a record of your work, including task type, number of tasks completed by type, and time spent on each type of tasks.

Download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1p...it?usp=sharing

Happy rating!
#594 of 601 Old 06-10-2014, 01:49 AM

And you are... who? Is that a little bit of malware? I highly doubt that any LB employee would share this kind of information here, on a public forum.
#595 of 601 Old 06-13-2014, 01:25 AM

LBTimer extension

Hi Kodrutz!

I'm just a fellow rater who created a program that helps me keep record of the tasks completed and the time spent in them. Since it is useful for me, I think it can be useful for ohter raters as well, that's why I share it. And no, I'm not a LB employee. I'm a rater.

Greetings!
#596 of 601 Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 PM

Great of you to make things clear! Your first post was somehow confusing.
P.S. Hint: it doesn't matter how much time you spend on a task, it's what LB says you should... so if you can do 5 minute tasks in 2 minutes and maintain the quality, well... I guess you get the idea. They're paying by the hour, after all.
#597 of 601 Old 06-14-2014, 09:03 PM

hi ,I want to share my experience with you , I applied for 4 jobs at lionbridge none of them was internet assessor after 5 months they replied and said they think I am qualified enough for internet assessor job I studied the material and passed the first exam then failed at the second one after 5 days they emailed me asking if I would like to retake the exam because they had technical issues during the week of my exam I said yes then passed the first exam again and got a help from a friend who is working for them since 2 years as internet assessor, she said my answers at second exam are PERFECT even that they replied telling me that I failed , I don't know what to say I read many bad reviews about them but I said no one would like a company who reject him and they didn't study well for sure but I did my best and got compliment from good internet assessor working for them , I don't know what I did wrong any way whoever would like to apply for job at lionbridge I wish you luck
#598 of 601 Old 06-17-2014, 02:53 AM

LBTimer extension in Chrome Web Store

LBTimer (the automatic task counter and timer) is already available at Chrome's Web Store:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...eahdneobfaiggd

It automatically keeps track of your tasks completed and the time spent as you work, and displays the records in a weekly timesheet, making them easier to report. It also has other interesting features, like a warning when you approach the AET for the task or automatically refreshing the main page when there are no tasks available.

If you are a rater, you're going to love it. Check it out!
#599 of 601 Old 07-04-2014, 01:33 AM

Thumbs down lamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post
*edit*<br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">May I ask how many hours it took for you to complete the second part of exam?</td>
</tr></table></div>
I don't remember how many hours, but I just did a certain number of tasks a day. Each day they seemed easier and I could go through them faster and with more confidence.
I've dome so well with the first stage, and now i'm working on the second part that i feel a bit tiring. by the way, most of those done with the second and third part admitted that these parts are hard.hopefully i can do well in these sections. i just have 3 days left to finish with the second and third parts.
#600 of 601 Old 07-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodrutZ View Post
Great of you to make things clear! Your first post was somehow confusing.
P.S. Hint: it doesn't matter how much time you spend on a task, it's what LB says you should... so if you can do 5 minute tasks in 2 minutes and maintain the quality, well... I guess you get the idea. They're paying by the hour, after all.
KodrutZ,

You say it doesn't matter how long it takes... let me ask you this. If it takes me 2 minutes to do a 5 minute task, do I claim the 5 minutes on my timesheet, or just the 2?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page