Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 604 Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't been keeping up with this thread. . Congrats to the new contractors , good luck to the potential ones, and hugs to everyone else! Lots of good advice here!

jh407, I don't remember exactly how long they took to give me the results of my second test, but I wouldn't worry just yet. Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 604 Old 08-30-2010, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a question, i am in the begining of all this and was wondering they ask about being registered as self employed , my question is do i have to do something BEFORE i become employed with them or is this something that is done at tax time? This is what it said ------- must be registered as a self-employed individual for this role and will work as an independent contractor?
#183 of 604 Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 AM

There is nothing else that you need to do. They will email you everything you need. Since they do not take taxes out, I always put aside in savings a percentage to pay for taxes.

Today is the first time there has been no tasks for me. Is everyone getting that message?
#184 of 604 Old 08-30-2010, 11:22 AM

I usually keep it disabled while working. I get the prductivity warnings, so I try to stay focused. Have you tried to work today? Mine says there are no tasks avaiailable.
#185 of 604 Old 08-30-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh407 View Post
Hey guys. I finished the second test and I am still waiting. The group I tested in ended today at 7am. Should I be worried or just a little more patient. Thanks.
Heya, you're in same group as me then. I think they only start checking the exam once the 7am deadline is up so I don't think we should expect to hear anything yet. I ended up having to rush through a lot of them so my chances are 50-50 only.. but won't be the end of the world if I don't get it.. it'd just be nice though.

Best of luck to you jh!
#186 of 604 Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 PM

Another one getting no tasks, which has been up for me since Saturday evening (about 11pm). I was starting to wonder if I'd been removed from the program!
Hope we get some tasks today, I have a star rating I need to bump up.

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#187 of 604 Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 PM

Yes, there aren't any tasks for Lionsbridge or Leapforce (who's raters use the same rating site as LB workers). It's been that way for most of the weekend.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#188 of 604 Old 08-30-2010, 05:04 PM

I'm in!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it
#189 of 604 Old 08-31-2010, 01:45 AM

Has anyone been out of tasks before or is this pretty uncommon? I have only been doing this for a little over a month.
#190 of 604 Old 08-31-2010, 08:06 AM

Just got my email that I will be getting my exam material!!!!! I am nervous,lol
#191 of 604 Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 AM

I just got my email to tell me they are going to send me the testing material, so nervous!!
#192 of 604 Old 08-31-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
I'm in!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3bboys View Post
Just got my email that I will be getting my exam material!!!!! I am nervous,lol
Good Luck!!

Re: No tasks...

I had none on Sunday or Monday. I got a little over half an hour of work this morning and now there's nothing again. Hopefully it will pick up again soon!
#193 of 604 Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a question, i am in the begining of all this and was wondering they ask about being registered as self employed , my question is do i have to do something BEFORE i become employed with them or is this something that is done at tax time? This is what it said ------- must be registered as a self-employed individual for this role and will work as an independent contractor?
You shouldn't have to do anything in advance. But I believe if you are an independent contractor AKA self employed, you are supposed to pay taxes quarterly. I don't know if the IRS would give you flack (and charge interest) for just doing it at tax time. Might depend on your income. I have done taxes as an independent contractor just once a year without a problem but for small random jobs and having a low income that isn't big enough for withholdings.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#194 of 604 Old 08-31-2010, 03:05 PM

I have worked for LB since Feb. and this is the first time this has happened to me. I have been checking back regularly and did get in 2 hrs. yesterday and so far 2 hrs today.
#195 of 604 Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 PM

Hi All

I officially passed my LB tests two weeks ago and have only clocked about 5 hours since then as every time there are tasks available, it seems they are new types and I have to do a bunch of new reading to complete the tasks.

If anyone with experience knows the answer, please let me know. I feel really fortunate to get this job, but between no tasks available and all the new things coming at me and waiting until November for my first decent pay, I'm really getting frustrated.

Can we clock these learning hours???

thanks!!
#196 of 604 Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 AM

how long from when you got notice that they were going to send you the exam materials , until you got the materials? I checked today and i havent gotten it yet,lol, can you tell i am excited to get started,lol.

I have another question, did you guys set up a seperate account to have just lionbridge deposited into , or did you use your normal accounts?
#197 of 604 Old 09-02-2010, 08:03 AM

Momto3bboys, the whole process took a whole month in total for me.. but regards the actual exam materials I think it was a few days waiting for that part. Just be patient with them, don't expect it to go too fast!

I'm having problems creating my vendor account, it won't accept the registration ID and keeps saying it is invalid!

Have emailed them and just waiting for a response as I can't really get started til this is sorted.
#198 of 604 Old 09-02-2010, 01:11 PM

I am interested in applying for this, but I wanted to ask you ladies for some computer advice. My computer is somewhat aged, and can't support some faster processes (certain video streaming for example). Does anyone know if that would affect my ability to do the job or pass the tests? I can upgrade my internet speed if I need to, but I can't get a new computer right now.

Thanks! Sorry if this question is totally irrelevant
#199 of 604 Old 09-02-2010, 01:19 PM

woo hoo just got my email that i am in friday's batch and will get my stuff by sat!!!!!!!!!! lol, is this good or bad, it is a holiday weekend, meaning kids will be home more days,lol, and we will be doing more running around,lol
#200 of 604 Old 09-02-2010, 03:18 PM

There is a lot of reading at first, but once you get used to it, you won't have to read the instructions anymore.

BTW, the portal is not clear on paychecks. You will get your check for Aug. around Sept. 10 or 11 and the check for Sept. around Oct. 10 or 11. When I started I thought I would have to wait two months based on what it said, but that is wrong.
#201 of 604 Old 09-02-2010, 03:20 PM

I did set up a new account when I started because I was leary of the whole thing. You do not need to worry as I have received 6 paychecks on time with no problem.
#202 of 604 Old 09-02-2010, 05:33 PM

I have been doing this for a little over a month now and really only had alot of new material the first week or so. They have posted a new training update during that time that I had to read as well and I did SXS training as a webcast last week but the amount of time has decreased significantly.

I just tried to log on again though and I don't have any tasks.
#203 of 604 Old 09-04-2010, 01:55 AM

I started this week. So far so good. I've been able to find tasks easily. (Leapforce) Wondering how long to get a check!!

Oh, by the way, the test was very difficult to me! I wish they told you how you did on it (besides pass/fail).
#204 of 604 Old 09-07-2010, 08:41 AM

It's been a week now that I am up and going with LB and I've got 15 minutes of tasks in total. I really hope it picks up.
#205 of 604 Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
It's been a week now that I am up and going with LB and I've got 15 minutes of tasks in total. I really hope it picks up.
I haven't had any problem getting tasks for the last few days. I wonder if it's because you're new and can only work on one kind of task. I hope it picks up for you soon, too.
#206 of 604 Old 09-07-2010, 10:08 AM

ugh I am so mad, i did not pass . I was wondering if you can apply for leapforce if you have went through with Lionbridge?
#207 of 604 Old 09-07-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
ugh I am so mad, i did not pass . I was wondering if you can apply for leapforce if you have went through with Lionbridge?
Sorry you didn't pass. And, yes, you can apply with Leapforce. Should make taking their test easier now that you have an idea of what to expect.

#208 of 604 Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 AM

Savannah smiles, are they basically along the same lines as rating? where i could keep re reading the lionbridge material,lol
#209 of 604 Old 09-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post
I haven't had any problem getting tasks for the last few days. I wonder if it's because you're new and can only work on one kind of task. I hope it picks up for you soon, too.
Yeah I'm not sure what the reason is for such a dearth of tasks. I'm starting to think that it's going to be this way all the time as I am working for Irish language terms only it seems! So as Irish is not widely spoken here in Ireland there is going to be a lot less searches through this language. I kinda hoped I'd be seeing both English and Irish terms.

Well I'll give it a few weeks and if it's still like this I'll have to forget about it as it wouldn't be worth registering as self employed for!
#210 of 604 Old 09-07-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Savannah smiles, are they basically along the same lines as rating? where i could keep re reading the lionbridge material,lol
I believe so! There are message boards for both at: workplacelikehome.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page