Mothering Forum banner

Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor?

590K views 616 replies 196 participants last post by  Neera 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I just applied. Hopefully they will respond. I sent out an email asking if there were positions still available and got a pretty lengthy reply. Hopefully they will be just as diligent to respond in the application process. They told me they pay $14.50 per hour and you can work your 10-20 hours anytime of the week. Sounds good......wonder if there is catch. (there always is!) LOL

#4 ·
Just wanted to update my progress with Lionbridge. (just in case anyone is curious about them and what it entails to become an Assessor there) I filled out their online app and attached my resume. They then sent me all these documents to read about their terms and condition, in which I had to agree to. (They all seemed very reasonable) Then they sent me a Pre Test, which is basically a taste of what the real online exam is like. I will take the real test soon and come back and let you all know what it was like, and if I passed if anyone is interested.

#8 ·
Yes, I took the pretest. I just got all the exam material in my email. It looks pretty extensive. I am working on the study material now.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilM View Post
Yes, I took the pretest. I just got all the exam material in my email. It looks pretty extensive. I am working on the study material now.
Good luck! I'm supposed to be getting test material in my email sometime today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Did you guys attach "proof of English language competency" or did you just figure your CV was enough?
I didn't have to do anything to prove I'm fluent in English. Perhaps my resume was enough or maybe it's something they'll ask about later.

#13 ·
I didn't have to show proof of language competency. All I sent was my resume in WORD format. They were able to view it just fine, and they got back to me with the exam invitation right away. My resume is nothing impressive, so hearing back was very encouraging.

Basically, from what I gather, the job is to rate search results based on their search query terms.

#16 ·
No. They emailed me info on the pretest a couple days after I submitted my app and resume. After I submitted my pretest and electronically agreed to their terms and conditions they emailed me the exam info with the training material. I will let you know my thoughts on the exam after I take it. (difficulty level, concentration level etc) and if i passed or failed. I so hope I pass!

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilM View Post
Ugh...this test is making my brain hurt!
I just finished the pretest tonight. The math part was quite tough for me. I'm a reasonably smart person and I'm good at taking tests but it took me 1.5 hours to get through it w/ most of that time being spent on the math section.

#18 ·
Quote:

Oh no! Keep us posted on how it goes and what you think!

I submitted my app this morning but haven't heard anything so far. Did they email you the test info. the same day?
Ok, I just took and passed the first part of the exam. I can't say much about the content of the exam because they make you sign a non disclosure agreement, but I will tell you that all of the answers can be found in the study material. It's open book, so they encourage you to use your study material. Because the study material is multiple pages, what I found to be a good strategy was to read the question, and then go to the table of contents in the study material. Find the topic that the question is about and go to that section, and the answer is right there! Be careful on these questions though, because some are worded rather tricky and each one can have more than one answer.

Now onto the second part, which is actually kinda like 'on the job training'. They are going to evaluate how good I am at the actual job. Hopefully I can pass this too. I am keeping my fingers crossed because this seems like it would be a great work at home gig.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by savannah smiles View Post
I just finished the pretest tonight. The math part was quite tough for me. I'm a reasonably smart person and I'm good at taking tests but it took me 1.5 hours to get through it w/ most of that time being spent on the math section.
Oh I know! I had to tap into old brain files I hadn't used in a loooong time. I would love to know how I did on that exam....

#21 ·
Quote:

Do they say anything about the duration of the job? Is it a temporary thing or does it seem like it might last a while?

Thanks so much for your updates! I will update too if I get the stuff and decide to do it!

They say in the information they send that a certain workload can't be promised, and that the workload can fluctuate. I took that to mean that you can't take this job if you're truly depending on making a certain amount of money each week.

#22 ·
Quote:

Do they say anything about the duration of the job? Is it a temporary thing or does it seem like it might last a while?

Thanks so much for your updates! I will update too if I get the stuff and decide to do it!

Good question. I don't know. I think I will email the company and ask that. I know with Workforce Logic, a company that hires Google Ad Raters, they state the position in only temporary.

I will post back when I find out.

(I am halfway through part 2 of the exam. I had to stop last night because my eyeballs were busting out of my head from looking at all the different websites. LOL)

Savannah Smiles, how's the exam going for you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.