Anyone have a double WAHP situation? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-29-2010, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I run a home daycare. My DF is starting a new job on Monday and will be working out of the house as well. Eep!

I am optimistic that it will work well. He is a computer tech and will be squirrelled away in the office while he is here. We have a home office in the corner of our basement that is tucked away enough that he doesn't even hear me and the kids while he is in there. He will have to go to client's sites as well, but won't have another office outside his one at home.

We don't have to worry about who is watching the kids, because that is clearly all me.

His main concern is that since he is home, I'll be bugging him to come help me all the time. My goal is to help him be a super employee, so that just won't happen. I have asked that he give me an hour or so in the morning to help out with our DD and the dogs and just the morning routine before he goes to "work" because I don't think it is fair for him to roll out of bed at 7:58am and go right into the office. I think that will be a good compromise.

I am trying to think of it not so much that he is working from home, but that he has a job with zero commute time. He used to have to drive up to 90 minutes depending on traffic and weather EACH WAY, so this is going to give us a lot more family time. Yay!

So what are your experiences with having two WAHPs??

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

#2 of 2 Old 01-30-2010, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We love it!

I'm the homeschooling mom who handles marketing, house manager, and I help out with other administrative tasks, and my husband does the actual work (printing, embroidery, design work) for our customers.

We are forced to work through any annoyances that may build up; communication is essential. Keeping the kids quiet is a challenge...we have a very small house and all 6 of us in it all day. I like his help in the morning before he gets down to business, but I can't expect his help at any other time all day until dinner time.

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page