soon to be MT has q's - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-16-2010, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am nearing the end of my CareerStep coursework to become a medical transcriptionist. I am excited and anxious about the prospect of really working from home. I was wanting to get feedback from other work at home MT's. What is your routine? What type of company do you work for? What things do you have that make the job easier?

We do not have an office space so we will be moving our bedroom into the living room so I can shut the door while I am workin. I am hoping to be able to swing 30-40 hrs.

What benefits do you receive and how many hours are you working to receive them?

Thanks. I am sure I will have more questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-20-2010, 08:40 PM

I wanted to refer you to the wahm.com forums, there are several traanscriptionists there who can probably answer your questions.

Good luck
#3 of 5 Old 03-31-2010, 01:38 AM

This is a little bit late, but I'd like to bump your thread. I am thinking of signing up with Career Step to become a MT soon so I'd love to see some responses to this

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#4 of 5 Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi-I did the careerstep course as well-there are many MANY different types of jobs/schedules out there, so I will just share what I do:

I am an IC, with a 5000 line per week minimum requirement. I don't have set hours, and work mostly after the kids are in bed and for 2-3 hours when dp is home to watch them. (actually, I just had a baby so I am not sure what the new schedule will be!) My desk is in my bedroom as well, although I bring the laptop out when I want to work while dd is playing (just a few reports a day) I work from a pool, but it is the same few offices so I get familiar with the doctors. Though I can work when I want to, of course I have to make sure there is work there at those times (depends when the docs upload). Overall, I love my job and feel very lucky to have gotten such a flexible position right after graduating.

Good luck!

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#5 of 5 Old 03-31-2010, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I just finished advanced acute care. I am very worried that the transition to work will be very difficult. I have a feeling I will struggle for a while until I have had enough repetition.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page