Name Ideas Help, please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I don't generally post in here, but am looking at starting an at home business and need some name suggestions.

Here is what the business will entail:
-Chemical free/eco friendly hairstyling
-mineral makeup
-consultations on natural home/body products
-relaxation therapy and possibly down the road, massage therapy.

I have a separate space in my home with its own entrance and bathroom that I will be turning into a salon/office space. It is going to be very eco friendly and very calming. I have not decided on colors for the space yet either so if you have suggestions on that, that would be great too.

My name thoughts so far are:
Eco Sense
Eco Essence
Ecocentric
Bliss Home and Body
Green with Envy
Pure Essentials
Pure Concept
???

I want a name that embodies all the aspects of the business, but don't want it to be too far out there because I live in a very conservative town. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hope, check out my life at http://thethriftyqueenspeaks.com

#2 of 9 Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

No thoughts?

How about The Wildflower Studio?

#3 of 9 Old 03-10-2010, 11:22 AM

I love:

Bliss Home and Body
Pure Concept
Pure Essentials
And the Wildflower one, too

I think you have a great idea for a home business. If you were near here I'd definitely go for a consultation.

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!
#4 of 9 Old 03-15-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftyqueen View Post
Eco Sense
Eco Essence
Ecocentric
Bliss Home and Body
Green with Envy
Pure Essentials
Pure Concept
???

I want a name that embodies all the aspects of the business, but don't want it to be too far out there because I live in a very conservative town. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
My favourite is the Wildflower Studio and Pure Essentials. I think these capture the essence of what you are doing without being limiting or too obvious.
#5 of 9 Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 PM

Check domain name availability so that you can get YourCompanyName.com (and not .net or .info) - that will help with your branding over the long term and likely narrow down your choices fast

This day and age, your company name is somewhat guided by what domain names are available!

If you are hooked on a name but the .com is not available - you can see if the owner is trying to sell the domain by visiting the domain to see if there is a sell page, or go to sedo.com to see if it is listed in the secondary market. You will have to pay a premium price for it, but you may get lucky and get the name of your choice for not a whole lot of money (but still more than the $10 odd dollrs it costs to register it fresh) ...

Good luck!

Send a free breast cancer ribbon to a woman you care about to remind them to get their annual mammogram - early detection can save lives!
#6 of 9 Old 03-28-2010, 08:24 PM

I love love love Bliss Home & Body (with the ampersand in the middle)
#7 of 9 Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 PM

Hi, 'one school of thought states your name needs to include a good keyword, think about how will people find you, while looking for what?

Also consider something easy to remember and easy to spell, it doesnt have to be a clever word combination.

You can use free google keywords tool to get a good idea of good keywords for your niche. This might also allow you to put better google ads if you chose to monetize that way.

Without running keyword demand, it is difficult to propose a name.

All the best with your new business, passing on some wisdom: dont let anybody or anything stop you.
#8 of 9 Old 04-16-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargo View Post
My favourite is the Wildflower Studio and Pure Essentials. I think these capture the essence of what you are doing without being limiting or too obvious.
Ditto. These are both great names. Definitely check domain availability.

I'm Nina. Writer, doula, student midwife, non-conformist. Follower of Jesus. Wife to one sexy fireman, mama to four adorable kids. Lover of simplicity. And babies.

#9 of 9 Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have decided to go with The Wildflower Studio. I feel like it embodies all that is me and is broad enough to expand into other things in the future. The domain name is also available, which is great! Thanks for all your help and ideas. It is much appreciated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page