Finding time for WAHM with twins?! (Or maybe two babies?) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-24-2010, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

Have to keep this short.. ! But I was wondering if any of you have tips on finding time for WAH with twins. I have 9 wk old twins, and I need to get back to the grind in one more month. I'm a writer, and I need to write at least 4 articles a month, plus four blogs and a weekly newsletter. I wrote ahead so that I'd have three months free of work (well, only blogs and newsletters, which aren't so much work.)

But my three months are almost up, and soon, I will have to be writing again! I need to fit in AT LEAST two hours a day to write if I want to *just* get by. I have no idea how to do this with twins! I did it with my older babies, but that was one baby at a time... I could nurse them and let him sleep on me while I worked. I have TWO babies now! Not sure how that would work.

Plus working from home, of course, I have my two older boys, 8 and 10, who I homeschool in the mornings (and we're on a break at the moment which will also restart in a month).

Ideas? Thoughts? Tried and true tips? I'll take 'em all.

~ Rachel

Rachel & Eli , with DS1 (7/99) and DS2 (11/01) twins DD1 & DS3 (01/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 PM

Hmmm, good question, I'm right there with you. . . The only idea I have is to work when they are sleeping. If one is sleeping, nurse the other and work, the olders can occupy themselves with some hs work you give them. You could also go and buy some *super neat* toys or crafts for the olders to do while you need to work. and nurse (I'm sorry just realized I'm not sure your nursing?) if not bottle feed one, have the other on a boppy, playmat, and use free hand for typing?? I'll try to think of more ideas later!

HTH!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#3 of 3 Old 03-26-2010, 01:50 PM

My one baby is 5 and half months (my first) and it took me 3 months to even get into a swing of a routine. Now my baby has fairly predictable patterns of sleep and feeding, but I also have a partner who is so helpful - he takes her on when I really need to focus, though I do manage her needs 80% of the time.

I recall my first three months just being so chaotic, so maybe it will get better?

I also do a little bit of writing and I have Dragon Naturally Speaking set up on a laptop that I take into the nursery so that I can orate my thoughts and ideas while I am playing with my baby.

Good luck!

Send a free breast cancer ribbon to a woman you care about to remind them to get their annual mammogram - early detection can save lives!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page