Desparate to be S/WAHM - Need ideas for extra income - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-26-2010, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH is SAHD, while he also works on his projects at home. He's a writer/artist type and he has a lot of ideas for projects he wants to do. He's not making money at it yet, although he does have a book on Amazon now.

I am a dietitian and employed, but I am desparate to be a SAHM or WAHM. I am thinking of quitting now, which would leave us with basically no income. We could get on assistance (Medicaid/Foodstamps), and DH would be able to work on his projects full time, hopefully enabling him to be successful with them. In the meantime, I am trying to think of ways to get extra income, but am having a hard time. I'd also be willing to do a job outside the home, if I would be able to bring DS with me. I'm not artistic or crafty, so I can't make anything to sell. We could sell some of our possessions, but that is not very much.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I would be so appreciative.

Heather, Vegan Dietitian, Wife to DH since 9-04, mom to Pepper : and mom to born 10/09
#2 of 2 Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a list of work at home job leads that you might be interested in.

Other ideas include consulting, selling health products that you believe in or looking at other home-based businesses that may not be diet related, but that you may enjoy doing. Also, you and your husband may be able to team up and work on writing projects that utilize both of your skills. Diet articles, blog posts, ebooks, etc. tend to sell very well, especially in online markets.

I wouldn't advise quitting your job just yet, however. If your job is the main income, you may want to hold onto it until you secure something else. Going on public assistance, in my opinion, should only be considered when other options don't exist and, even then, should be looked at as a short-term solution.

My best to you in whatever you decide!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page