Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: from the fire roads to the interstate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a quote from a web designer. I'm not going to say how much she's asking. It's for a simple site, nothing flashy. Below is what she's offering to do. For those of you who design sites, how much would you charge? For those who have had sites designed, how much would you pay?
* WordPress setup and configuration (blog + a website)
* Preparation of pages and sections in your site that allow you to add your own articles/content, etc
* The website theme of your choice
* Minor modifications to the theme to account for your branding/logo
* Some coaching on how to use the WordPress system to edit your site
* Basic search engine optimization
* A contact form for people to contact you
* A 30-day complimentary warranty for any work defects (if any)
* email setup through Google Apps for an account associated with the site
I have no idea what this sort of thing usually costs, so I'd appreciate any input.
Also, I'd like for this to stick to your estimates. I'm not interested in talking about how I could theoretically do the website myself. Trust me, it is completely, totally, and absolutely outside my area of expertise. Please don't try to convince me otherwise.
ETA: I'm talking about how much you would expect to pay, fair market value, not if you were getting a discount from a friend or doing some sort of trade with another wahm.