Blogging for someone else's blog? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2010, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas,

I'm a write at home mom, and have been for years, but I have zero experience with blogging, and have never really been interested in doing it. Someone offered me some work blogging (on an existing blog) for a fee, and I am considering taking it on. I think I could greatly improve the blog writing-wise (without spending too much time on it, yay! ) , but I am a bit clueless about the financial side of it.

There is no advertising on the blog in question, yet the fee I am being offered is pretty decent. Any ideas how a blog could possibly be generating income without ads? It's just weird to me.

Has anyone else here blogged for someone else's blog for a fee? Any tips or ideas on what I should watch out for?

Thanks

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 11:16 AM

It seems a bit weird to me, but there are other ways a blog can make money. Is it tied in with an on-line store? Does the blog owner ask for donations? I would guess that it isn't the only on-line venture that this person has and maybe they use it to drive traffic to another blog or site. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Give it a go and hope for the best. If they don't follow through on paying you, you can just back out.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

OK, I've clear up the mystery, there's no ads yet, but there will be in future. I think I am going to give it a try.

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!

User Tag List