Products with lots of info? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-06-2010, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are in the process of a full site redesign. We have a wide range of customers (some requiring almost no info and some requiring a ton of info). I'm trying to make our site easy and approachable--not overwhelming--while also having the info available for those who want it. It's harder than I thought it would be!

I'm trying to find some other websites that do a good job of managing lots of information related to their products. Does anyone have any favorites--maybe a place you enjoy shopping?

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#2 of 4 Old 06-07-2010, 10:21 AM

Nova handles it in a nice way: http://www.novanatural.com/baby/carriers/tricot-wrap Also, was shopping lowes.com last night and I liked their setup as well: http://www.lowes.com/pd_314076-52341...master%20forge (I like that they have their reviews tab there next to the other info).

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#3 of 4 Old 06-07-2010, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Carrin!

I was driving myself nutty yesterday trying to go through a ton of websites. I do like those set ups. The tab system is definitely a very good way to do it. I did find a site yesterday (www.skiphop.com) that also has a tab with a video talking about the product. How cool is that? Sigh. So much to do...

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#4 of 4 Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I think your current site is very nice! But yes, tabbed product descriptions are good, too. Diapers don't have very much info, so we didn't go with that, but I can see how your products need it.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page