Mothering Forum banner

Can Someone Who Sells on ETSY Answer Some Q?'s for Me Pls?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lilyka 
#1 ·
I run my own sewing business at home and have put some thought into opening an Etsy store, which I actually did a long time ago but have never set it up and use it.

I'm a little nervous about it as I'm not EXACTLY sure how it all works.

Can someone answer some questions for me?

#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by weezix View Post
I run my own sewing business at home and have put some thought into opening an Etsy store, which I actually did a long time ago but have never set it up and use it.

I'm a little nervous about it as I'm not EXACTLY sure how it all works.

Can someone answer some questions for me?

Sure- What did you want to ask?

There is also a long Etsy thread around here that might be helpful to you, too.

#3 ·
actually i ended up staying up WAAAAAY past my bedtime and found some answers.
the only one i haven't figured out yet is...when someone actually BUYS one of my things...how will i know?

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by weezix View Post
actually i ended up staying up WAAAAAY past my bedtime and found some answers.
the only one i haven't figured out yet is...when someone actually BUYS one of my things...how will i know?
You will receive a notification by email from Etsy. If you are using paypal to receive payments, you will also get a payment notification from them when they pay.

Also, you can check on your store, what you have listed, sold items, and a bunch of other stuff by clicking the YOUR ETSY link at the top right-ish of any page on Etsy when you are logged in. On the left side bar of the YOUR ETSY page, there are a bunch of options of things to look at. Under the Items section there is a link called Orders, where you can check on items that have been purchased from your store.

Good luck and have fun!

#5 ·
I have to check mine daily to see if I sold anything. Neither my etsy site or paypal address is linked to my email (and can't be changed). It sucks. But yeah when my paypal was linked to the email address I used I got a little "you've got mney!" announcement. And then I went to etsy and checked it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.