WAHM Check in - July 2010 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-01-2010, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
<remember, no posting of websites or services or other "spamish" behavior per the rules of WAHMwell>

So what's up with you girls lately? Anyone just recently start WAHMing?

Those that own at home business are you making any changes or doing anything for July to sustain, grow or change your business that's interesting or you want to share?

Anyone that WAH via another method (Working for another business at home etc), how's it going?

Has summer vacation (for those with kids in school) changed how you WAH or made you get more creative with your time? How do you make it work?

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Those that own at home business are you making any changes or doing anything for July to sustain, grow or change your business that's interesting or you want to share?
Not much here for me. Just making sure to revisit my site to check links, make updates and hopefully become a bit more active on my blog. That's my July goal, I've been seriously neglecting my blog!

Has summer vacation (for those with kids in school) changed how you WAH or made you get more creative with your time? How do you make it work?
The kids have been out since the beginning of June here, so I've had a month to adjust. I WAH with my own business and I also do some of my work that is WOH at home too. I find myself working later at night so the kids are in bed and asking DH to take the kids out more often so I can make phone calls and such without being interrupted. Making sure the kids get lots of playing in during the day so they are good and tired in the evening has helped, lmao.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#3 of 4 Old 07-08-2010, 08:33 PM

I've been doing a little bit more marketing now that DH is home with the kids for a few weeks ( he's a teacher). I'm working on my QuickBooks Point of Sale certificiation. I'm attending the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums at the end of the month, gotta earn my CPEs. I found out this morning that I'm teaching an accounting course at the local college this fall! I'm very excited!

Has summer vacation (for those with kids in school) changed how you WAH or made you get more creative with your time? How do you make it work? Summer has been easy for me since DH is home.

KHG Accounting : Tax , Accounting and Quickbooks services.
File your taxes online for FREE - 39.95. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
#4 of 4 Old 07-09-2010, 03:40 AM

We just signed a contract for a new website. It's going to be a crazy few months. We are upgrading to Magento for a shopping cart. It will also have videos, a blog, forum and a crazy number of articles in the CMS system. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time!

My kids are little (1 and 3) so no issues with school yet although summertime does change our schedule a bit since it's the only time this year it's been even remotely decent outside so I feel like we have to be outside a lot. Thank goodness for wireless internet!

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page