Direct sales/home parties - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-04-2010, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any tips for getting new customers. I sell scentsy which is a direct sales/home party type product. I was wondering if car decals have worked for you, or other ways to get new customers. I have hit a slight wall. I have gone through friends and family members and have only one or two more possibilities for parties.

Do you sell at fairs or conventions? Do you talk to everyone about your business, even strangers? I am shy and the product I sell you only use in your home pretty much, so people only see it/smell it when they visit me, so no way to really strike up a casual conversation about it.

They are coming out with new scented stuffed animals in the fall so I am getting one for my kids to carry around when we go out. Hopefully that will help, maybe someone will ask about it?? I obviously won't carry it when they aren't with me though..LOL

Buy or sell safe scents for your home!! Check out Scentsy!! Start your own business for only $99.
#2 of 3 Old 04-09-2011, 11:26 PM

How are you doing with your business? I know this is an old post.. any tips? Or anyone else have tips :)

"If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing."
~Agnes Sallet Von Tannenberg
#3 of 3 Old 06-27-2011, 04:28 AM

I'm into direct selling/network marketing myself. I've been marketing the business not the product. I use internet, blog and facebook ad to generate leads. And duplicate my upline and follow my company system. I read books recommended by my upline, I google to find resources about network marketing business, about my company and also to find blog of the people that do the same business. HTH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page