Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am starting a new blog...

I would like to update:

twitter
linkedin
blog (on my own url)
facebook

And ideally I would like an application where I can post using the iphone.

Typepad has an app, but I would prefer to do it for FREE not $8.95 a month. Any ideas ladies?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well I'd suggest using WordPress instead and then you'd have a lot of free apps to choose from. I know there is a iPhone wordpress app to post from and you can also install a addon to wordpress to make it viewable from mobile phones easier too. I have an addon/plugin on my blog that sends all my posts to twitter but there are ones for facebook too. I prefer to use a "share" button to send to facebook instead so that I can better customize it and not spam my feed with every blog post. My Twitter is only used for that purpose so I let it spam away, lol.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#3 of 4 Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 PM

Definitely WordPress. WordPress app on iPhone is free and you can blog from your phone (if you don't mind typing out an entire blog post on your iPhone). I also automatically update twitter with a WP plugin. I'm sure there are ways to update other sites as well.

Tumblr can update FB and Twitter for you. Posterous can update all kinds of stuff for you as well.

So if you want, you can send your blog posts to someplace like Tumblr (or import the feed in Tumblr) then have Tumblr set up to update the other places.

Plus WP allows you to insert the FB like button or FB comments right there on your blog which makes it easy for people to spread the word about your blog post. The tweetmeme plugin also allows visitors to easily tweet about your blog post as well.

As Kristine said though - it's important that your feeds contain more than just your blog post links in order for them to be most effective! Interaction is important in social media.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#4 of 4 Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM

the socialite plugin for wordpress automatically updates your twitter & facebook with your most recent post, every time your feed is updated

I also use socialoomph to set up auto-tweets and status updates for my work on other sites, especially seasonal articles that I wrote years ago

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page