Ok All You Work @ Home Mama's... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-29-2010, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hook me up! What do you do, how many hours do you work, and how much do you make? What would you recommend to me? I am a Mom of two, a 8.5 year old boy and a 15 month old girl. I have no degree, but am a great writer, and went far in that program when I was in school. Don't necessarily want to do something with my writing right now, I know it's hard to break into. I like to sew, but I know etsy $$ comes slowly, and am looking for something a bit more well paying. I also like to garden, but making money with that so far hasn't panned out. I guess I'm looking for something totally self-starting, with the freedom for me to design my job/pay how I see fit. Maybe writing a farmer's market cookbook and self-publishing it or something. Maybe buying antique clothing and re-selling on etsy?

Basically, whatever I do needs to start paying within 2 months, and I would like to make at least $700 a month with it.

Ok, I also like to cook, dislike cleaning, like kids to some extent LOVE to read, am great at doing research.

Anyway, thank you for any and all ideas

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#2 of 5 Old 08-30-2010, 01:36 AM

You can get $15/article at Demand Studios if you have a degree.
#3 of 5 Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 PM

I think that there are other content sites as well that pay for articles in different areas of expertise. For most you have to submit a writing sample that demonstrates your ability and knowledge.

Other WAHMs also pay people to write articles for them (i.e. I have paid another WAHM before for a 5-pack of articles to be written).

I hear that editing/proofing can also pay well.

However, in order to market yourself for these things, you may need a website (not all that complicated to set up nowdays with WordPress - register a name at godaddy, host with momwebs.com and use wordpress to create the site itself). Or sign up with places like odesk and elance.com so that you can make yourself available to do freelance jobs.

Also - check out craigslist...maybe there are jobs on there for writers as well.

If you're willing to work on building something up, you may want to consider blogging...but that takes time to build and grow. I just listened to resources from BecomeABlogger.com and it helped me really re-evaluate and re-think the way I blog.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

#4 of 5 Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMae09 View Post
hook me up! What do you do, how many hours do you work, and how much do you make? What would you recommend to me? I am a Mom of two, a 8.5 year old boy and a 15 month old girl. I have no degree, but am a great writer, and went far in that program when I was in school. Don't necessarily want to do something with my writing right now, I know it's hard to break into. I like to sew, but I know etsy $$ comes slowly, and am looking for something a bit more well paying. I also like to garden, but making money with that so far hasn't panned out. I guess I'm looking for something totally self-starting, with the freedom for me to design my job/pay how I see fit. Maybe writing a farmer's market cookbook and self-publishing it or something. Maybe buying antique clothing and re-selling on etsy?

Basically, whatever I do needs to start paying within 2 months, and I would like to make at least $700 a month with it.

Ok, I also like to cook, dislike cleaning, like kids to some extent LOVE to read, am great at doing research.

Anyway, thank you for any and all ideas
You have a lot of talents, so it shouldn't be hard for you to figure out something to do.

Freelance writing is good, as is affiliate marketing (though it can take some time to see an income from the latter). There are also several home based businesses you can do. More ideas are available at the Work at Home Mom Center. There, you'll find work at home job leads, information on different types of jobs and general information on working from home.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
#5 of 5 Old 09-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page