Has anyone heard of MiaShops.com or papashoppe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-02-2010, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone ever done business with MiaShops.com or papashoppe or shoppro?

Trying to get an online store. Wondering about thier customer service?
#2 of 8 Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 PM

No experience with any of them, but can't say enough about Merchant Moms. Customer service is TOP NOTCH!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#3 of 8 Old 09-03-2010, 08:08 AM

They run the same cart software as Merchant Moms and MM has awesome customer service!

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#4 of 8 Old 09-04-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

I called all of them and Miashops was the only one that answered their phone. No really..give it a try....I called and called mmoms, shppro,or whatever . I'm not hating I'm just saying...if your going to run a business answer your phone!
They all offer similiar service outside of the fact that Miashops answers their phone, has unlimited bandwidth and actual customer service. Actually shppro has unlimited but didnt answer the phone. Miashops trained me over the phone for free and the others were charging. Turned out to be really easy once I was walked thru it. If someone does a good job or bad I think ppl should know about it. I dodged a bullet in the sense that I was about to pay this web designer $2800. for a website that doesn't compare in fuction that I got from these ppl for only $99 bucks a year.
#5 of 8 Old 09-06-2010, 11:01 AM

Well Merchant Moms is a mom-run business, I don't think she answers on weekends or holidays. I've called there before and gotten an answer right away, during the week.

But she does have a help-desk thats well staffed 24-7 and a forum that is very helpful too. That's perfectly fine with me because I get personalized care and help, I'm not just a number or another customer. I've been with Watersweb/Merchant Moms for nearly 5 years? Since I'm a web designer I am constantly reccomending them to even the greenest of clients and they've been helpful explaining everything to them and helping where needed. And no, I don't get any kind of kick-back or anything for reccomending them, lol. It just makes my job easier when I know my clients are well taken care of and I can focus on the design stuff and let the clients talk to her to handle all things web/host related and knows its getting taken care of the right way. Some hosting companies I've worked with I've had to hand hold to explain what my clients need, not with MM.

Its super important to me to support other WAHM type businesses, ones that are active personally within the communities they service.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#6 of 8 Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Well they dont answer their phone. I called and called all week. That was my experience. And there is no live support for someone asking a question. ONLY A PHONE NUMBER...That was my point. MiaShops owner is a mom of 3 too .... she told me over the PHONE.. which is great and all. And having a "help-desk thats well staffed 24-7 which they all seem too is GREAT for their current customers but does not at all help new potential customers and is no substitute for someone answering the phone new customer or not. Emailing can be a very blunt tool. Somethings are just better over the phone.
It scares me when companies are afraid to answer their phones. Like are they really a company, are they in America, if I have a problem and want to talk to someone can I TALK to someone..... ..but really...give them a call see which one answers their phone.

Like I said before if someone does a good job or bad I think ppl should know about it.
#7 of 8 Old 09-15-2010, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I had very positive experience with Pappashop for a year. Very nice and helpful.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#8 of 8 Old 06-26-2012, 08:14 PM

yes, they suck!  Miashops was so slow about getting my website up and giving me access to the website for changes.  After leaving the company, they would not release my domain name.  I paid for it and they are advertising it as for sale!  Yes, I am serious.  Bad business and they know they can get away with it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page