Selling natural toys, safety question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-03-2010, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I've just started a wahm biz with my DDs. We are having so much fun making Waldorfy types of natural toys.

One of our toys is a ribbon twirler--you know, a stick with a 4 ft plus piece of satin ribbon on it. Well, we have our first craft show coming up and we're cranking out our toys... then my DH drops a doozy on me, and I'm stumped and concerned.

Here's where you knowledgeable mamas come in When I sell these, do I need to put some kind of disclaimer or msg about not leaving children alone with these toys as they could potentially pose a choking threat (or worse). (Debbie Downer Wah-waaah.) This stinks. I don't even know where to begin to look for this info, but I'm concerned that if the toys are misused someone could get hurt, and then the family could sue me. Am I being overly worried?

Any ideas about this? We are not a corporation, just literally trying to make money for our groceries, but I have a company name that I plan to register as a DBA.

Thanks to anyone who can steer me somewhere. We've been so excited about this, but now I'm bummed.

grouphug.gifPenny4them  
Blessed WAH wife and mama to my happy brood jumpers.gif Dd1(7/01) Dd2(10/02) Ds (6/09) CDing & ECing works! No Circ, Make it yourself or buy something Handmade! mdcblog5.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page