Help With Shop Name - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-29-2010, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since I became a new mother again last year after 8 years I have been obsessed with making things for my newest addition. I have been loving it so much that I have decided to open a new Etsy shop with items for baby and later toys for children. My approach is modern style and designer fabrics mixed with natural toys. So far I have shoes, fabric pacifier clips, hand-dyes onsies with fabric iron ons and quilted bibs.

My problem is that when I think of a great name it is already taken! There are so many shops on there with the same great idea. Go figure

So, I am looking to my creative friends in my Mothering community to help me come up with my shop name! I am looking preferably for a one name shop like, TWEET or something trendy cute like that. I am not limited to one word names either. I am trying to stay away from things that are too cutesy like sweetycake or ticklepoo. Free Range Baby but sadly it was taken. I just want something natural, fun, classy, and chic but still soft enough to be able to relate it to a baby shop.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!! Suggest away.....

Wife to a super sexy hubby , mom to Christian 12/94 , Autumn 10/97 (HB), Will 07/00 (HB), Ocean 06/09 (birth center) and Zion 11/13 (HB) co-sleeper. no-vac, no-circ, babywearer, 8.5 years accu BF...and counting.
#2 of 8 Old 10-29-2010, 05:07 PM

Off the top of my head and really I should be sewing!!!

OrganicBabe
Organobabe
Organobaby

Woodsies
BabyGreen
TreeBaby
Treebabe
Tree and Bark Baby
Tree and Moss Baby

BambooBaby
Cottonbaby
CottonBallBaby

Mom to dd1 7/2007, dd2 2/2010, and ds 7/2006 in heaven
#3 of 8 Old 10-29-2010, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Ohhhh, LOVE Woodsie!!

Wife to a super sexy hubby , mom to Christian 12/94 , Autumn 10/97 (HB), Will 07/00 (HB), Ocean 06/09 (birth center) and Zion 11/13 (HB) co-sleeper. no-vac, no-circ, babywearer, 8.5 years accu BF...and counting.
#4 of 8 Old 11-01-2010, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

I decided on Miini Moh. Like Eeni Meeni Miini Moh. What do you think? Eeni Meeni was taken....hahaha

#5 of 8 Old 11-02-2010, 01:21 PM

Cute, but when I saw it I pronounced it Meeny Mo.

Mom to dd1 7/2007, dd2 2/2010, and ds 7/2006 in heaven
#6 of 8 Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I like "Miny Mo"! ...but it sounds like the next step after babies (Eeny Meeny)... as if it were for toddlers.

What about Teeny Tiny Tots? I guess it sounds like it's for toddlers.

Or Teeny Tots? Well, maybe not "teeny" b/c it has the word "teen"... but, maybe it will work.

ETA: Or, how about just Teeny Tiny. BTW, love Woodsie too... but sounds like you'd sell wooden or outdoor "stuff".

Super Mom.  Super Wife.  Super Tired.
#7 of 8 Old 11-02-2010, 05:55 PM

"Miini Moh" doesn't make me think "meeny-moe" like the rhyme. It makes me think of something vaguely Hawaian. Or Japanese.

It definitely doesn't strike me as kid-related.
#8 of 8 Old 11-07-2010, 01:48 AM

I agree with PPs. I wouldn't know how to pronounce "Miini Mo". I also think the best business names are ones that instantly tell you what the business is. Miini Mo doesn't really tell me off the bat that you will make baby accessories and toys. And I honestly wouldn't have known what "Miini Mo" meant if you hadn't told us.

If you plan to go organic (which I am guessing you are because you chose a few names with derivatives of "organic"), make sure the name somehow conveys that. Also, if people are searching for you, make your name easy to remember and easy to spell. OrganicBabe is probably my favorite because it quickly tells me you make organic stuff for babies, and it is easy to remember.

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page