Medical Transcriptionist Schools? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-02-2010, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've looked through some past threads and couldn't really find any current info on this.  On the AHDI website the approved schools are so different as far as being work at your own pace or more structured and pricing seems to vary greatly also.  Some PP's mentioned Career Step; are they still considered a good choice?  I would really like a "go at your own pace" school, but more importantly want an excellent program.  Any input would be greatly appreciated:)

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
#2 of 5 Old 12-02-2010, 07:59 AM

Please research your community colleges.  If you are doing something on line research their accreditation.  If they are not nationally and regionally accredited move to a different school. 

#3 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, I've pretty much decided on Career Step.  Any MT's out there??  I've been on a couple of message boards and it seems that people are really negative about the future of MT.  Any thoughts??

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
#4 of 5 Old 12-26-2010, 09:23 PM

I've been enrolled in Career Step for a while!  (I enrolled and THEN adopted twins, so it has been slow going!)  It seems like a solid learning experience, but I have had to extend my enrollment several times.  It is $125 for 4 months, and you can re-enroll as many times as you want (as long as you stay enrolled).  I enrolled because I need to make money from home and other options just don't seem like they'd actually bring in an income.  Things are improving at home so I'm hoping to really get with it and finish the program this year.

#5 of 5 Old 01-31-2011, 01:42 PM

I've been an MT for almost 6 months now, a graduate of MTEC.  I've love to hook up with more of you here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page