Social Networking as a promotional tool. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-06-2010, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How do you get followers of your facebook, twitter, or blog to take a real interest in your work? (I have plenty of followers, but they seem to ignore my existence.) What kind of promotional tools have you found work best for you? I get a lot of compliments on my art, and have plenty of 'hearts' (people who added my shop to their favorites) on Etsy, but I would like to ramp up advertising-- what works for you?

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#2 of 3 Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Giveaways, but you can't do them on FB.  You can do them elsewhere and advertise them on FB.   You can also ask people about themselves.  Check out my FB page in my sig.  My husband does it well.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
#3 of 3 Old 12-08-2010, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post

Giveaways, but you can't do them on FB.  You can do them elsewhere and advertise them on FB.   You can also ask people about themselves.  Check out my FB page in my sig.  My husband does it well.

Nice!  I have yet to do a giveaway on FB.  I've always wanted to but I started reading the rules and got a headache.  Looks totally doable though!

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page