What to charge for article writing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-13-2010, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been approached by someone asking if I would be willing to write a few 500 word articles for their website.  They already have the outlines and notes to write from.

What would be an appropriate amt. to charge? From reading other websites and places on the web, it seems that article writing is very cheap...people doing it for less than 10 even.  I don't want to go too low, as I would want to make it worth my time (hourly-wage speaking), yk.   I'm guessing that one article would take 1-2 hours to write.  So, I was thinking more like 15-20, but from what I've read on the web, that is too high.  People are willing to do it for much less.

Anyone have any experience with this.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Although you've probably already finished this project, I wanted to chime in. Yes, you will find people that will write 500 words for $10 but others that wouldn't do it for less than $100. I charge between $0.10 and $0.25 per word for blog posts or online articles. I've never lost a client at that price but if someone said it was too high I'd have to pass on the opportunity. Definitely don't undersell yourself. Good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page