I Need Some WAH Direction Please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-03-2011, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am currently a WOHM partime (20 hours a week) but with getting ready, driving, getting kids to school/daycare (I'd HS if I was at home) and then getting home again it feels like a lot of time away from home and the kiddos, especially for the small amount of money I'm bringing in. I need to bring in about $300 a month after taxes and I feel like there has to be something that I could do from home to make that much. I have a high school diploma but no college ed, and I have basic computer and phone skills. I currently work in an office setting.

I can't do home daycare because of our housing situation but is there something else out there for me that I'm just not seeing? Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated!!! 

#2 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 04:42 PM

What are your hobbies? What type of things do you like to do when not working? If you work in an office setting is there any chance you could do some of it at home?

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#3 of 3 Old 01-06-2011, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately I can't do part of the job from home because I staff the office during business hours so I do a lot of reception work data entry in the data base, meeting with people, and performing duties that need to be attended to on site. I LOVE the job but it feels like a lot for the money at this point in my life with small kids.

I think that if I were to find something at home it would have to be doing some kind of data entry, clerical work for another company but I can't seem to find legitamate sources of employment. Plus this is also a hard time to be looking for a new job.

When I'm not working I enjoy hanging with my kids being a mom. I like cooking, reading and the outdoors.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page