Creating Downloadable Files for my Blog - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-13-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have any experience with this?  I'm working on creating downloadable files for my blog. They will mostly be cleaning checklists. I've done my first one and used Keep and Share, a file sharing service. However, it's a Word document. I'd really like to use Adobe, which I have. I need to find a free service that will host my documents and allow my readers to view for free.  Any ideas?

Right now, everything will be free.  But, I may eventually want to set up a paypal link to sell the checklists.  Anyone have any exerience with that? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-13-2011, 01:03 PM

Which blog service do you use? WordPress has the option to upload the files to share when creating posts and it will link to them for download. Also with WordPress you can install the free eCommerce plugin that will allow you to sell products (including digital ones) on your blog.

As far as creating it, it would depend on the intended use. If it's just a reference or something to print and use then you could create it in whatever program you like and just export/save as a PDF. Then there are no compatibility issues. If it needs to be editable then you'll be a bit more limited. People without Adobe will only be able to read it, not edit it. .doc files are the most compatible for the widest variety of people but there are still some (albeit few) who can't use them.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#3 of 3 Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

I use Blogger, but I've wanted to switch to Wordpress for some time. I need to spend some time figuring it out.  Thanks! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page